KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Can Cyberdefender prevent viruses from stealing ID information?

Can Cyberdefender prevent viruses from stealing ID information?
Started by: jill8beans2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jill8beans2

Can Cyberdefender prevent viruses from stealing ID information?

I put Cyberdefender anti-virus about a year ago, and it has worked well in the sense that it seems to have prevented 2 virus infections and seems to clean out a trojan or malware once a week from my system. I got tired of the pop-ups telling me the features I would have if I got the paid version so I did and have been happy.

Now, I read that some viruses and trojans that you get, can accually find confidential personal ID information on you computer like SSN or credit card info, and send it to scammer who then can rip you off?

Is this true?

If so, is Cyberdefender enough protection?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 03:59 PM
jill8beans2 is currently offline Click here to Send jill8beans2 a Private Message Find more posts by jill8beans2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I don't think this belongs in this forum. but yeah, they can. I use AVG, Spybot, and a couple of other things. The main things you should do are not using personal information, ie paying bills on public computers, use WAP encryption for your wireless router (even if it does **** with your nintendo ds), use a firewall, and don't sign up for any kind of information sharing where a company tracks your internet use as part of "market research" to improve their products, especially if its windows vista.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 06:03 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I dunno. Looks like rogue-ware to me.

You're better off uninstalling Cyberdefender and look for other antivirus with a reputable name.

AVG, Avast or Antivir offer free versions. Any of them are good choices.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 9th, 2009 12:23 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote