KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Cinder

Cinder
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Cinder

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 195 lbs

Bio: Ben Ferris, a small-time criminal with counts of assault, breaking and entering and arson on his record, is the latest convict to be bought out of jail for Ultratech's twisted uses. His fate is to be used as a human guinea-pig in the company's chemical weapon developments, an unexpected side-effect leaving him consumed by fire but somehow, much to his own horror, still alive, as a living flame. He is kept confined in a top-security block until Ultratech decide to enter him into the tournament under the codename Cinder to defeat Glacius fairly and in full public view, his freedom providing the ultimate incentive.

Ending:

Render:
(please log in to view the image)

Cinder also has my favorite music theme in the game.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 01:06 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Bitter encounter between him and Glacius before they fight in the KI tournament.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 01:55 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Cinder was my second-favorite character in "Killer Instinct".

It would've been nice if he was in the sequel.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 02:48 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Cinder was my second-favorite character in "Killer Instinct".

It would've been nice if he was in the sequel.

Yeah.. but instead he got defeated by Glacius, and thus didn't return in KI 2. =(

And he was my 1st favorite. stick out tongue xd

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 02:58 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Well, your 1st favorite got defeated by my 1st favorite. wink

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 03:02 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol That's anticlimactic. big grin

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 03:05 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Yep, but it's somewhat weird how a fire warrior got defeated by an ice warrior.

You'd think Cinder would win the match since he had an elemental advantage over Glacius.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 03:09 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep, but it's somewhat weird how a fire warrior got defeated by an ice warrior.

You'd think Cinder would win the match since he had an elemental advantage over Glacius.

Yeah. That's exactly what I was thinkin'. >.>

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 04:06 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Well, I guess having an advantage over your opponent doesn't guarantee victory.

Anyway, he had some nice finishers.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 04:05 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah..
And cool! I was thinkin' about posting that sooner or later. Always loved using his first finisher (on the SNES), or the Super Inferno as I call it. Looks even better on the arcade version there.
As for that Ultra Combo at the end.. wow. Might as well call that an 'infinite' combo because of that flip kick. xD That's awesome, but no wonder people consider Cinder to be so broken.. He's still my favorite fighter to use though.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 10:21 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Well, all of the finishers in Killer Instinct look better in the arcade version.

Yeah, his flip kick allowed you to continue with the combo as long as you timed it right.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 02:37 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. ^^

------------

Bah. I guess I can't really argue with this.. =(

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 06:45 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Wow, I didn't know he was so broken.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 05:26 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

LoL. I remember pissing off my friend back in the day. I always chose Cinder because I loved his design. I had no idea he was this broken though. Still cool!

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 05:41 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wow, I didn't know he was so broken.

Me neither until I saw that vid last night..
I hope the complaints about his brokenness didn't have anything to do with him not being in KI2/KI Gold.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
LoL. I remember pissing off my friend back in the day. I always chose Cinder because I loved his design. I had no idea he was this broken though. Still cool!

Heh. Same here. Some thought I used him most because of his easy-to-use torpedo combos, but I actually just liked his design best, is all (plus, I like the way he said "Inferno!" when doing that one special move of his stick out tongue). Not like he was the only character I could be good with. Always wanted to have a Human Torch-like character in a fighting game anyway (before I came across Killer Instinct), and Cinder delivered.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 6th, 2008 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 07:58 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Me neither until I saw that vid last night..
I hope the complaints about his brokenness didn't have anything to do with him not being in KI2/KI Gold.

I'm sure it did.

Always wanted to have a Human Torch-like character in a fighting game anyway (before I came across Killer Instinct), and Cinder delivered.

Do you like Pyron from the Darkstalkers franchise? He looks like the Human Torch, but with horns.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 10:30 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm sure it did.

Which talks really bad about them. They couldn't just tone him down. No they just killed him off. >=\

Here I am hoping for a Kazuya-like resurrection from Cinder.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:11 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'm sure it did.

Boo.
I bet there were probably faggy petitions or somethin' to not bring back Cinder in KI2 as well (before it came out). erm
Nothing's sacred in the world of gaming when people make actual demands to ruin an experience for someone else.

Do you like Pyron from the Darkstalkers franchise? He looks like the Human Torch, but with horns.

And much, much bigger, and overpowered, but yeah. He's pretty cool still and likable.

Which talks really bad about them. They couldn't just tone him down. No they just killed him off. >=\

Yeah. I mean, Sabrewulf was also defeated in the first KI (story-wise), and he still came back in KI2..
The sequel wasn't the same without Riptor either (never cared for Chief Thunder though).

Here I am hoping for a Kazuya-like resurrection from Cinder.

Heh. That would be tight.

Though story-wise, Cinder wanted to die if he didn't manage to defeat Glacius in the tournament (which he didn't), so meh. A Kazuya-like resurrection could still be possible though, which I'm hoping for if KI3 turns out to be more than just a rumor, in which case, I hope Eyedol comes back too, and battles Gargos or somethin'.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 04:14 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

You are not the only one hoping for a new KI. I am fond of that franchise. Back in the day my fighting games were SF, MK & KI. I liked SNK too, but I was more into those 3.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 04:38 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Weren't there rumors about a third Killer Instinct game?
Boo.
I bet there were probably faggy petitions or somethin' to not bring back Cinder in KI2 as well (before it came out). erm
Nothing's sacred in the world of gaming when people make actual demands to ruin an experience for someone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Metaknight from SSBB...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 06:50 AM