KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Prince (Prince of Persia)

The Prince (Prince of Persia)
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The Prince (Prince of Persia)

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Let's face it. I suck at the first Prince of Persia. I never could beat the first one under the one-hour mark. Still can't...unless I had a Game Genie.

But I'm getting off topic. Wall-hopping princes are badass. Maybe Ryu Hayabusa has given The Prince some pointers in the fine art of wall-hopping. And his new sidekick Elika is pretty hot too.

Respect the Prince.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 03:15 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Dude's getting his own movie soon. He's an icon.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 03:29 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by I-Drop
Dude's getting his own movie soon. He's an icon.

So I've heard. Gyllenhal's supposed to be the Prince. I wonder how he's going to pull that off. Hmm...

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Dec 2nd, 2008 at 04:39 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 04:35 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

You're aware that each set of games is a different Prince, right? stick out tongue

The way you worded the first post makes it seem as though you were referring to them as being the same person, so...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:53 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Though both the Sands of Time Prince and this new Prince are awesome.

Sad to say, I think the new Prince is edging out on Sands Prince as my favorite.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:56 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

I just bought Warrior Within not too long ago. Thinking of buying Two Thrones.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:57 AM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Though both the Sands of Time Prince and this new Prince are awesome.

Sad to say, I think the new Prince is edging out on Sands Prince as my favorite.

Agreed on both points.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
You're aware that each set of games is a different Prince, right?

he is? i thought sands of time, two towers and warrior within were the same person set in a trilogy? now i'm confused confused

quote:
Dude's getting his own movie soon.

really? eek!
cool....i hope hollywood doesn't find a way to f0ck this up cuz its pretty hard to f0ck up something this good. then again.....

quote:
He's an icon.

ditto. never finished any of them but still a big fan.
Iranians FTW, baby!!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 08:25 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Sado22
he is? i thought sands of time, two towers and warrior within were the same person set in a trilogy? now i'm confused confused

Each set of games.

Original trilogy:
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame
Prince of Persia 3D

Sands trilogy:
Sands of Time
Warrior Within
The Two Thrones

New trilogy:
Prince of Persia '08
To be continued...

Three different Princes, with three different stories to tell. The film, though based on Sands of Time, is another Prince entirely, this one with a name: Dastan.

quote:
really? eek!
cool....i hope hollywood doesn't find a way to f0ck this up cuz its pretty hard to f0ck up something this good. then again.....

Well on the plus side, Jordan Mechner helped write the screenplay and is overseeing production.

Then again, they cast Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 10:17 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Peach
You're aware that each set of games is a different Prince, right? stick out tongue

The way you worded the first post makes it seem as though you were referring to them as being the same person, so...

Crap. You're right. I've also beaten the new PoP, and the ending kinda pissed me off. I haven't been more pissed since FFX.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 03:12 AM
Peach
mordrem

I liked the ending to PoP a lot. Don't want to have to wait the year or two until the next game, but I liked the ending. It was unexpected stick out tongue

(and FFX is my favorite game)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 03:18 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

This is unacceptable, ten comments and no feats or anything.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:05 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote