KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Strong Guy!

Respect Strong Guy!
Started by: jrodslam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jrodslam

Same issue, it finally happens. Guido protects Lila from a bomb and while absorbing the explosion and saving everyone in the area, Guido's heart gives out and he has a heart attack. Sad.sad

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Last edited by jrodslam on Dec 2nd, 2008 at 04:06 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 04:02 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good stuff!

When was his heart fixed btw?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 04:38 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Guido's in a coma and Havok decides to pay him a visit and confide in him a bit.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Jamie, after being presumed dead also pays Guido a visit. Havok(who is now with the new brotherhood) gets into an argument with MM. Somehow all that and Jamie's words in the end spark Guido to come out of his coma.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 05:27 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Good stuff!

When was his heart fixed btw?

Thanks!

Forge made Guido a device that would transmit energy to Guido's heart. He has his surgery sometime between X-Factor #135 and the Strong Guy Reborn mini.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 05:30 PM
jrodslam

Strong Guy is back! Working as Lila Cheney's head bodyguard again, Guido test a new bouncer with a quick sparring match.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 05:40 PM
jrodslam

Chasing after Lila, Guido crashes his pot. Notice how he complains about the pain of his muscles straining against his skin and not his heart.big grin

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 05:43 PM
jrodslam

Lila being concerned about Guido's heart, asks him not to go back to X-Factor. Guido tells her that Forge FIXED it and its stronger than ever. "Better than new..!" Another reason i call the WWH fight BS for the sake of the plot.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 05:48 PM
jrodslam

Strong Guy is contained inside a force bubble by Shaman from Alpha Flight. With energy stored, Guido breaks out.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 07:27 PM
jrodslam

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 07:43 PM
jrodslam

Strong Guy's has some pretty nice leaping ability. Check the range.

Deflects bullets and takes a shot from a bazooka? Guido is sent flying and is unharmed by the hit and fall.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 07:47 PM
jrodslam

Strong Guy vs WWH. Some may not consider this much of a feat, but i do. Unlike most powerhouses, he decides to use his fighting skills to stick and move against Hulk here. Guido ALLOWS Hulk to hit him and as a result, he puts Hulk on his ass. The only other powerhouse that did that(that i can remember) was Juggy. Hulk even commented on the hit saying that it wasnt bad as he grabbed his jaw. The part i call bs on is when the hit supposedly strains Guido's heart. Thats shit was taken care of years ago and should have never happened. Did the writer forget? Did the writer not know? I called PIS then, and im still calling it.

Funny that just 2 pages later(less than a minute in the actual fight), Guido tells Emma(who is in diamond form btw), Nightcrawler and Hepzibah to get behind him as Hulk tosses the Blackbird's engine at them. Sems like Guido absorbed most of the explosion.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 11:07 PM
jrodslam

Strong Guy is shot by a rocket launcher. He absorbs the blast and protects the person next to him. Both unharmed.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 11:59 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:02 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Brief tussle with Yukio and Storm. I guess this was Strong Guys idea of looking out for Storm. He was trying to scare her into leaving/not getting involved the Arena underworld. Guido not being effected by Storms tornado winds is a nice feat imo.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by jrodslam on Dec 3rd, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:12 AM
jrodslam

Strong Guy shows some nice throwing accuracy here. He helps the 2 ladies escape the cameras.

Last edited by jrodslam on Dec 3rd, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:14 AM
jrodslam

Thanks snoop. I was looking for that for quite some time. Much appreciated.big grin

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:19 AM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by jrodslam
Chasing after Lila, Guido crashes his pot. Notice how he complains about the pain of his muscles straining against his skin and not his heart.big grin

Are those panels a homage to Spaceman Spiff from Calvin & Hobbes?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:20 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Are those panels a homage to Spaceman Spiff from Calvin & Hobbes?

I have no clue, but maybe. Does Spaceman Spiff have a scene like that?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:26 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by jrodslam
Thanks snoop. I was looking for that for quite some time. Much appreciated.big grin
No problem.

No feat here but it's a funny moment involing Colossus and Strong Guy:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...ndStrongGuy.jpg

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:28 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by snoopdogg
No problem.

No feat here but it's a funny moment involing Colossus and Strong Guy:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...ndStrongGuy.jpg

Haha! Nice one. Id love to see a drunk Colossus. Here's another one with Guido and Polaris.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:34 AM