KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E12 - Our Father

S03E12 - Our Father
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elite Hunter

If they can't fine a Time Traveler they should just go to Japan, I mean it's not like Hiro would be dead in the present if he had to live in the past for 16 years. I'm also wondering if Claire still has the power to heal herself if she never became the catalyst.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 11:13 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I am not surprised at the let down of this show anymore...it seems to be so much trouble to get some good writing,it might be to soon for spoilers and i dont care to make the highlighted thingie...so i will just say....this episode was full of fail...in so many ways its almost sad, my devotion to this show is being pushed to its limits

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 12:22 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Good point.

Also, with all of this time traveling, won't Hiro damage the present and possibly the future since both him and Claire changed the past?

I get that Arthur took Hiro's power in the past, but not sure why Matt and Daphene think that because Nathan and crew can give people any power that they want that there will be another time traveler. Are they just assuming or what? Not really sure what led them to think this.
Tracy mentioned that with the new formula they can choose who gets what ability.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 01:47 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

i was all the way let down by this episode. Peter's way to emoish to be a big hero anymore so i'm done with him (if it were me, i wouldn't hesitate at all. especially knowing that my dad would have killed me as soon as he had the chance and if he was trying to rule the world); it seems like Tracy's running things rather than Nathan is; Hiro is just an idiot; Claire has some potential moments to be big and bad but she just doesn't take them; i don't see what Matt, Daphne and Ando could do seeing as they're really the only ones left; and Sylar's back to his old ways but he was the only one who had the balls to kill "daddy dearest", the big baddie of the season.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 03:16 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I actually liked this episode for the most part, granted there are parts that didn't add up but I thought it was good episode....especially compared to some of the episodes we saw this season.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 07:40 PM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by Captain REX
He did not always have control of space and time. That came when Arthur stole Peter's numerous absorbed abilities. One of them was Hiro's ability. Arthur used the teleportation aspect to jump to Africa when he erased Hiro's memory... which is another ability that Peter absorbed, from the Haitian. Which is odd... but not the point.

Arthur seems to have a vast knowledge of what is going on, both where and when. I'm not sure how. Maybe something to attribute to telepathy
?

Or maybe he painted/drew Hiro going back in time to get it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 07:46 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

This episode was a let down for me as well. Hiro has turned into a useless f**k. How the hell did Arthur got Hiro's power? What was the whole point of Isaac's last issue? (Clair couldve tell them that Hiros in the past). Peter has become a freaking joke. I was hoping for him to get his powers back after Arthur died. To top it all, now the have introduced Captain America into the show. This show has lost its spark.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 11:34 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Arthur took all of Peter's powers, remember? wink

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 12:40 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
How the hell did Arthur got Hiro's power?

I think he got from Peter when took all of Peter's power which included Hiro's.

quote:
What was the whole point of Isaac's last issue? (Clair couldve tell them that Hiros in the past)

I think the point of the last issue was to help Hiro get his memories by seeing viewing the past/future but I think Hiro jumped the gun with going in the past so Matt,Daphne and Ando could see what was happening to Hiro. I don't remember but was Claire even telepored to the same location as the 3 mentioned above? Because if she wasn't and they didn't have the comic then Ando,Daphne and Matt would probably be wondering where Hiro was (which could have been for while)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 12:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I literally just explained how Arthur was able to time travel and teleport.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 01:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I actually liked this episode for the most part, granted there are parts that didn't add up but I thought it was good episode....especially compared to some of the episodes we saw this season.
Agreed

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 12:01 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, likewise. I enjoyed the scenes between Ishi and Hiro, they seemed very heartfelt.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 12:18 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeah, likewise. I enjoyed the scenes between Ishi and Hiro, they seemed very heartfelt.

Yeah, those were great but too bad Hiro is still a idiot and his character sucks.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 06:11 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't think Hiro sucks THAT bad. He does do stupid stuff, but he has his moments.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 04:13 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hiro is the only good guy who actually enjoys haivng his powers (even Daphne only counts on the grounds she is otherwise a cripple, so she HAS to like them). Without him the show would be an angst-filled mess. We need that counterpoint.

Anyway... what a waste of time that all seemed to be! The whole Hiro/past thing... another circular plot of no purpose. Hiro is turned into a ten year old so he has to go back in time with Claire so that a. Claire could prevent from happening.. somerhing which apparently had never happened anyway, so no change and b. so Hiro could become the catalyst... so that Arthur could instantly steal it from him by going back to the past. Which, frankly, he could have done the moment he heard te catalyst was a person- why wait? It almost seems as if he deliberately regressed Hiro to flush out the catalyst... but that is equally pointless, as he STILL could have just gone back in time to go get it.

So even if we build a timeline where Arthur knows that Hiro is going to beocme the catalyst soon (and frankly that's quite a presumption we have to make) and hence waits for Hiro to do it to then go steal his power... ok, that now makes internal sense but... WRITING wise it's a complete cul-de-sac of pointlessness. Why write such empty drama? The Heroes acheive nothing, we learn nothing,m we have another set of complex time travellning antics that pisses off the casual viewer... I am sure there were better ways to do a 'find the catalyst' storyline than that. As ever, Heroes is starting to look like it is more falling together one episode at a time, than being written in a coherent long-term way, and hence they lose track of how absurd it is getting. And when you have a show about people flying, time travelling and firing electricity, you must worry when the most absurd thing is the way the plot is trying to hold together.

Utterly pointless. Still, at least this episode did actually advance something- i.e. Arthur getting it in the head (though it only takes someone to remove the bullet), but that just seemed weirdly... low key. Peter comes in with the Haitian and effectively this kills Arthur. He KNEW Peter was coming, he knew he had the Haitian... that's it? That's all it takes? I have no idea why he seemed surprised, and less why he didn't have ANY plan to try and make sure the Haitian couldn't get through to him (e.g. a man with a gun). Seems Mr. Super-Bad went down very easy.

Gah.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 11th, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 10:11 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Enjoyed this episode a lot. Tearjerking as well.

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 04:56 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Maybe Arthur, like many fans, thought Peter was too emotional to kill him. sleep

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 08:14 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

hah, he fired the shot

thats all that matters to me

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 08:35 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Attributing it to Arthur's own arrogance and how sure he was that Peter would never actually kill him is what we'll have to do.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 08:38 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes but SOMEONE might, and he was clearly shocked to see the Haitian turn up... weirdly.

For someone who had just been so very paranoid during the Eclipse, this was odd.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 10:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote