KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)

Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
He looks like a cheap knock-off of Blaze's Mortal Kombat Armageddon appearance. As a fighter, he just has Darkseid's and Shao Khan's special attacks. No original moves of his own.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
He is a combination of two characters, who looks like Blaze, a previous MK character(not that Blaze is original either), and his moves are an amalgration of Khan's and Darkseid's, and his motive...Well it's kind of original, originally stupid.

How does he look like Blaze? The only similarties in appearance is that they got a glowy body, that's it. And he actually does have a move of his own (I think it's call the Omega Blast). That's the only one I can think of though but let's be honest, as a fusion of two existing characters, it really shouldn't be a surprise if he had some of their moves. And even if you do think he's unoriginal, well there's hardly anything completely original nowadays anyway.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 05:35 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darkseid's beams are called Omega Beams, so even that's just a knock-off.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 05:38 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Omega beam? Isn't that Darkseid's move?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 05:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Darkseid's beams are called Omega Beams, so even that's just a knock-off.

It's a move neither Shao Kahn or Darksied has. Isn't that what you wanted?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 06:00 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by SmashBro
How does he look like Blaze? The only similarties in appearance is that they got a glowy body, that's it. And he actually does have a move of his own (I think it's call the Omega Blast). That's the only one I can think of though but let's be honest, as a fusion of two existing characters, it really shouldn't be a surprise if he had some of their moves. And even if you do think he's unoriginal, well there's hardly anything completely original nowadays anyway.
Same body build, both are emanating energy, have skull-like faces along with a generally skeletal appearance. Omega Blast is just another reference to Darkseid.

I don't "think" he's unoriginal. He IS unoriginal.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 06:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Same body build, both are emanating energy, have skull-like faces along with a generally skeletal appearance. Omega Blast is just another reference to Darkseid.

I don't "think" he's unoriginal. He IS unoriginal.

1. You must not be talking about Blaze because he sure doesn't have a skeletal appearance. And it doesn't matter if the Omega Blast is "reference" or not, it's not the same thing.

2. No you THINK he's unoriginal.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 05:47 PM
NemeBro

Yes he does, yes it is.

No, being a mash-up of two characters by default is an unoriginal move by the creators, and blatant laziness in terms of plot.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 06:37 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Well, the thread creator did ask for our opinions on Dark Khan in the first post, and that's all we're giving. 'sides, what decent things is there to say about him? stick out tongue

Let's see;

1. He was so powerful that his mere existence was causing two universes to fuse together and threatened the survival of them both. Kitana stated that he was "much more powerful" than Shao Kahn alone.

2. He caused heroes and villains from both worlds to be affected by Rage so they'd fight each other. Not only did this keep them preoccupied, but their fighting sped up the merging.

3. Quan Chi (a very powerful sorcerer) had to exhaust his power to purge Kitana of the Rage.

4. He easily overpowered Superman and then Raiden. They had to work together and channel his own power back at him to beat him.

5. He looked cool and had a great name.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Jan 4th, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 10:11 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Let's see;

Originally posted by chilled monkey 1. He was so powerful that his mere existence was causing two universes to fuse together and threatened the survival of them both. Kitana stated that he was "much more powerful" than Shao Kahn alone.

And I beat him by tapping the X button over and over again and that was the first time around, thats some power he has...although I did mention before he has an amazing ***** slap move.

Originally posted by chilled monkey 2. He caused heroes and villains from both worlds to be affected by Rage so they'd fight each other. Not only did this keep them preoccupied, but their fighting sped up the merging.

This plot device has been used many a time, of which the heroes or at least Superman and Raiden actually overcame this little trick, also it's not very original to want to merge worlds together or preoccupy heroes by making them fight each other.

Originally posted by chilled monkey 3. Quan Chi (a very powerful sorcerer) had to exhaust his power to purge Kitana of the Rage.

I remember a cutscene on the DC side of the story mode saying that rage is just something from the MK universe not from Dark Kahn himself.

Originally posted by chilled monkey 4. He easily overpowered Superman and then Raiden. They had to work together and channel his own power back at him to beat him.

Nah I just pushed him with Superman and he exploded and the match was over, at that time I was glad the game was over. I also don't belive it's shown in any cutscene that they work together to defeat him you only get to play as one of them from each side of story.

Originally posted by chilled monkey 5. He looked cool and had a great name.

I lol'd.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Jan 4th, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 10:29 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
And I beat him by tapping the X button over and over again and that was the first time around, thats some power he has...although I did mention before he has an amazing ***** slap move.[/B]

Irrelevant. That's just game mechanics. It has no bearing on the story.

This plot device has been used many a time, of which the heroes or at least Superman and Raiden actually overcame this little trick, also it's not very original to want to merge worlds together or preoccupy heroes by making them fight each other.[/B]

It's been used many a time because it's a great concept.

How many times have we seen villains who want to conquer the world? Yet I don't hear anyone whining that Shao Kahn is not very original. Heck, wanting to merge the worlds is considerably more original than Shao Kahn's goal (conquer the realms). Plus, I'd say doing something to keep your foes distracted is a smart thing to do.

Nah I just pushed him with Superman and he exploded and the match was over, at that time I was glad the game was over. I also don't belive it's shown in any cutscene that they work together to defeat him you only get to play as one of them from each side of story.[/B]

See the prior point about the irrelevance of game mechanics.

Plus, prior to the match, both Superman and Raiden are shown advancing on him. It's pretty obvious that they both intend to fight him. Ever hear of reading between the lines?

I lol'd. [/B]

Thanks. But both points are accurate.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 10:49 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Yes he does, yes it is.

No, being a mash-up of two characters by default is an unoriginal move by the creators, and blatant laziness in terms of plot.

1. Well that's just your opinion then.

2. A mash up of two characters creates a new character, thus an original character. It's not like he's identical the characters that made him. In the end, he's still his own character with his own unique features. That's the one thing you can't deny. As for the plot, well what more do you want? For them to just stick the MK characters into a DC storyline or something? The fact that they actually went into detail into the storyline and explained everything shows that they weren't being lazy.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 12:12 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Let's see;

1. He was so powerful that his mere existence was causing two universes to fuse together and threatened the survival of them both.

And in the process, caused some of my favorite characters to just vanish from existence without reason, which is why they weren't in the game.

(please log in to view the image)

Great plot! mirite?

Kitana stated that he was "much more powerful" than Shao Kahn alone.

There's plenty of MK characters/villains that are more powerful than Shao Kahn now (Shujinko, Onaga, Taven, Blaze, etc). Doesn't make Dark Khan anymore special than the rest of them.

2. He caused heroes and villains from both worlds to be affected by Rage so they'd fight each other. Not only did this keep them preoccupied, but their fighting sped up the merging.

So basically, he was hiding behind their rage so he wouldn't have to fight, until Raiden/Superman confronted him. Cowardice.

Onaga, Blaze, and other previous MK bosses look way cooler than him. Most actually have original names too.

Even as a fusion name, Dark Khan sounds pretty bland, like Dark Claw (that crappy fusion of Batman and Wolverine). Just saying their names out loud makes it hard for me to keep a straight face.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:29 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

So basically, he was hiding behind their rage so he wouldn't have to fight, until Raiden/Superman confronted him. Cowardice.

If it was cowardice, he wouldn't even be fighting Superman or Raiden.

Onaga, Blaze, and other previous MK bosses look way cooler than him. Most actually have original names too.

Even as a fusion name, Dark Khan sounds pretty bland, like Dark Claw (that crappy fusion of Batman and Wolverine). Just saying their names out loud makes it hard for me to keep a straight face.

I think you just don't like fusion characters.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:45 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I do have some exceptions for fusion characters, but Dark Khan's not one of them. I'm glad none of the previous MK bosses were fusions. With all the creative bosses they made before, I thought it was below Ed Boon and the gang to come up with something like Dark Khan, but I guess I was wrong.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jan 5th, 2009 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:52 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I do have some exceptions for fusion characters, but Dark Khan's not one of them. I'm glad none of the previous MK bosses were fusions. With all the creative bosses they made before, I thought it was below Ed Boon and the gang to come up with something like Dark Khan, but I guess I was wrong.

Agreed.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:55 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Don't blame the Midway team for creating Dark Kahn. Blame DC, they're the ones with weird imaginations that created the guy. You know it could be worse, they would've merged Superman with Raiden. Be thankful they didn't do that.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 04:37 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hmm. True. Most character fusions (such as the example I mentioned) do seem to come from DC, so I guess you're right.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 04:38 AM
NemeBro

Any proof that DC made Dark Khan, or are you just BSing?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 11:11 AM
chilled monkey

And in the process, caused some of my favorite characters to just vanish from existence without reason, which is why they weren't in the game.

(please log in to view the image)

Great plot! mirite?

You may not like the plot, but it still shows how powerful Dark Kahn is. Heck, my favourite characters weren't included in the game, but I don't dislike DK because of that.

Bane unleashed a horde of Batman's foes and didn't face him directly until he was exhausted from weeks of fighting with next to no food or rest. Was Bane a coward or a brilliant strategist?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:18 PM
NemeBro

Let's see;

1. He was so powerful that his mere existence was causing two universes to fuse together and threatened the survival of them both. Kitana stated that he was "much more powerful" than Shao Kahn alone.

3. Quan Chi (a very powerful sorcerer) had to exhaust his power to purge Kitana of the Rage.

4. He easily overpowered Superman and then Raiden. They had to work together and channel his own power back at him to beat him.

1. Being much more powerful is no big feat considering the fact that many in MK are stronger than he is, not to mention you can be powerful and still generally un-cool and lame.

2. True, but it does not change the fact that he is a lazily created character.

3. Which does not make him cool.

4. Correction, he overpowered a weakened Superman and Raiden. Superman's power was diluted by the MK universe, not to mention the fact that next to Superman Raiden is an irrelevant non-factor. Hell, next to Superman the entire MK universe is an irrelevant non-factor. And being powerful does not equal a good character.

5. Lol wut?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:17 AM