KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)

Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Dark Khan's skeleton face was probably from Shao Kahn's mask, the skin color obviously came from Darkseid, the glowing from Dark Kahn's body is also from Darkseid (because when you fight Darkseid, some damage will be shown on him by having a small chunk of skin missing and under that skin, there's an orange glow), and the spikes on the back are probably from the spikes Shao Kahn had on his bracelets and knee pads. I just thought I'd bring up how Dark Kahn looks like both Darkseid and Shao Kahn.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 04:22 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Bane unleashed a horde of Batman's foes and didn't face him directly until he was exhausted from weeks of fighting with next to no food or rest. Was Bane a coward or a brilliant strategist?

Eh.. fine. I guess you got one good point about him there when you put it that way.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Dark Khan's skeleton face was probably from Shao Kahn's mask, the skin color obviously came from Darkseid, the glowing from Dark Kahn's body is also from Darkseid (because when you fight Darkseid, some damage will be shown on him by having a small chunk of skin missing and under that skin, there's an orange glow), and the spikes on the back are probably from the spikes Shao Kahn had on his bracelets and knee pads. I just thought I'd bring up how Dark Kahn looks like both Darkseid and Shao Kahn.

When I was unlocking the character endings in the game earlier (just for the achievement points, not the endings themself), I did notice Dark Khan's skeleton face being from Shao Khan's mask, but not that other stuff you mentioned. Good call/observation. It pretty much proves this wrong:

Originally posted by SmashBro
It's not like he's identical the characters that made him. In the end, he's still his own character with his own unique features. That's the one thing you can't deny.

Sorry SmashBro, but Nemesis is right. He is identical to the characters that made him.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 09:28 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
1. Being much more powerful is no big feat considering the fact that many in MK are stronger than he is, not to mention you can be powerful and still generally un-cool and lame.

2. True, but it does not change the fact that he is a lazily created character.

3. Which does not make him cool.

4. Correction, he overpowered a weakened Superman and Raiden. Superman's power was diluted by the MK universe, not to mention the fact that next to Superman Raiden is an irrelevant non-factor. Hell, next to Superman the entire MK universe is an irrelevant non-factor. And being powerful does not equal a good character.

5. Lol wut?

1. How many in MK were so powerful that their mere existence was causing two realities to fuse?

2. Which is besides the point.

3. The point is it shows how powerful he is.

4. Fair enough.

5. Dark Kahn is a great 'villainous' name.

This is a respect thread. If you don't like a character, then don't post.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 02:18 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by chilled monkey
1. How many in MK were so powerful that their mere existence was causing two realities to fuse?

2. Which is besides the point.

3. The point is it shows how powerful he is.

4. Fair enough.

5. Dark Kahn is a great 'villainous' name.

This is a respect thread. If you don't like a character, then don't post.
1. No one, considering Mortal Kombat is a weak universe. But power=/=Cool.

2. No it isn't. I never discounted Khan's power, only my opinion of his character.

3. And he is still lazily created and lame.

5. Meh, I disagree, but that can't be argued against.

The OP asked for our opinions on him. I posted mine.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 09:21 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

It's not a great villanous name when all it is, is the first part of Seid's name and the last part of Shao's name. Once again lazy.

DK sucks point blank. Hell I even think Kasumi and the other ninjas could obliterate this mofo.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 11:27 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Sorry SmashBro, but Nemesis is right. He is identical to the characters that made him.

Borrowing features and looking identical are two different things.

1. No one, considering Mortal Kombat is a weak universe

Man, you really do underestimate MK.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
It's not a great villanous name when all it is, is the first part of Seid's name and the last part of Shao's name. Once again lazy.

DK sucks point blank. Hell I even think Kasumi and the other ninjas could obliterate this mofo.

Remember, you're under a Respect Thread.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 02:15 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Probably..

Well, at least Dark Khan doesn't sound as bad as something like Shaoseid (still sucks for a name though), but like Nemesis said, be thankful they didn't decide to combine Raiden and Superman together. Oh lord.. What would that create? Superraiden? Raidenman? laughing If Capcom buys Mortal Kombat with Midway getting bankrupt, I sure hope they don't come up with a Shao Bison or anything..

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it's far from being on par with the DC universe. It only seemed like the opposite in MKvsDC because the merging of the two universes weakened/altered the powers of Superman and others.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jan 7th, 2009 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 03:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Remember, you're under a Respect Thread.

And? You're acting like I'm the first one to show disrespect to a lazy creation of a character who has no original moves or anything. Again our honest opinions were asked so we are giving them. And the MKU is weak compared to a lot of other universes. The DCU stomps them to hell with the regular roster in the game if they were all at full power. Hell Captain Marvel could solo. The SFU would kill them with the likes of Ryu, Akuma, Bison, Gouken and others who have feats that surpass them, Hell even the DOA exceeds them. Hayabusa FTW, Jann Lee beats dinosaurs lol.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 04:33 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Didn't Dark Kahn push Raiden's lightning attack against him, and what was that move Dark Kahn was using to keep Superman down on the floor? Weren't those Dark Kahn's own moves?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 05:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

So are you saying a single person in MK has come close to merging two universes?

And Superman alone can solo MK within the first second, and there are characters who can do it faster.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 08:30 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Re: Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)

What are your opinions about Dark Khan?
Okaaay. That was like inviting a vampire into your house. You wanted everybody to tear Dark Khan a new one. laughing out loud What can I say about him? He's done 2 good things. Wiping Aquaman from existence & doing the same to Robin. What else? He's in a game w/Liu Lame & Superman in it & he somehow STILL managed to be the lamest character there. That's not easy. & fuk him 'cuz he killed Cage & Goro. I was hoping to find something to validate his existence here, but I haven't
Any proof that DC made Dark Khan, or are you just BSing?
The games plot was supposed to be written by real DC writers. I'm guessing they used the same idiot who gave Supes Torquasm Vo because he comes up w/extremely dumb shit.

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 10th, 2009 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 03:35 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So what if I said "What are your opinions on Dark Khan"? Big whoop. I don't care what crap you give the guy because I don't give a (word witheld)!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 05:14 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Then you shouldn't have asked.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 06:47 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

honestly, i think MKvsDC has a better storyline that most of the shite we're getting these days in fighting games. that said, Dark Kahn is hated only because he could've been so much cooler than he is with just a little bit of effort put into it.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 07:34 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by I-Drop
He's in a game w/Liu Lame & Superman in it & he somehow STILL managed to be the lamest character there. That's not easy.

Wait. Are you saying Scorpion's lame like Liu? confused Well, regardless, I agree about the Cage and Goro part.

Then you shouldn't have asked.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Sado22
honestly, i think MKvsDC has a better storyline that most of the shite we're getting these days in fighting games.

I guess erm, but MK Deception's storeline is waaaaay way better. The best in the series as far as plot is concerned, IMO.

that said, Dark Kahn is hated only because he could've been so much cooler than he is with just a little bit of effort put into it.

He would've been cooler just by not existing no expression (and Darkseid and Shao Kahn remaining locked up or whatever so the merge wouldn't occur). Compared to Dark Khan, I would've been happy if they had just used an already existing boss, like how Goro was re-used in MK4.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 11:14 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

So what if I said "What are your opinions on Dark Khan"? Big whoop. I don't care what crap you give the guy because I don't give a (word witheld)!

Then why the hell did you ask? That's like me saying "I'm not honest, but you're a really interesting person." Seriously though, you are way too sensitive about things on the net.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 08:36 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Wait. Are you saying Scorpion's lame like Liu? confused
Hell no! Scorpion's my 2nd favorite MK character. I'm saying that I expected Supes or Liu Lame to take the lamest character award. Then DK showed up no expression
honestly, i think MKvsDC has a better storyline that most of the shite we're getting these days in fighting games. that said, Dark Kahn is hated only because he could've been so much cooler than he is with just a little bit of effort put into it.
I think the storyline is typical, by the books, predictable universes merging crap. It's almost always like this. I thought the story would be a lil' better because of the actual comic writers being there. WRONG! These idiots even used elements from that awful MK: Annihilation movie

I liked the plot for Deadly Alliance.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 02:24 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Hell no! Scorpion's my 2nd favorite MK character. I'm saying that I expected Supes or Liu Lame to take the lamest character award. Then DK showed up no expression I think the storyline is typical, by the books, predictable universes merging crap. It's almost always like this. I thought the story would be a lil' better because of the actual comic writers being there. WRONG! These idiots even used elements from that awful MK: Annihilation movie

We disagree on two things.

1. I actually like Liu Kang, one of my favorites although I will agree that he seemed lame in this game. Hell seemed is the wrong word. He was lame in this game.

2. I hated DA, one they killed Liu Kang, the main character of their series and everything else just seemed like complete trash. The battle system was kind of cheap. I could get Frost or Sub-Zero, freeze you, easily impale you and let you bleed it out.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:19 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hell no! Scorpion's my 2nd favorite MK character. I'm saying that I expected Supes or Liu Lame to take the lamest character award. Then DK showed up no expression

Ah, okay. Nevermind then. stick out tongue He's one of my favorites too.

Yeah. That was good as well I'll admit.

1. I actually like Liu Kang, one of my favorites although I will agree that he seemed lame in this game. Hell seemed is the wrong word. He was lame in this game.

2. I hated DA, one they killed Liu Kang, the main character of their series and everything else just seemed like complete trash. The battle system was kind of cheap. I could get Frost or Sub-Zero, freeze you, easily impale you and let you bleed it out.

Yeah. I'll admit the whole impale thing was pretty cheap, but I kinda enjoyed the game in other regards. Well, mostly the stuff you could get in the Krypt I guess (like the comics and some of the random/funny videos), along with Shang Tsung's fatality and some of his moves (as opposed to the pussy fatalities Shang had in MKvsDC). Then there's that awesome Immortal song by Adema. I hope the next MK game they make (if there is one) has an exclusive song like that.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 08:43 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

If you go back & play the other games again, you'll probably realize that he was always lame. Dude had the absolute worst fatality in MK 1. Only time it came in handy was on the pit.
2. I hated DA, one they killed Liu Kang, the main character of their series
Which was awesome. He just doesn't stack up to other heroes of other fighting games & the shock value of that awesome murder was extremely high.
and everything else just seemed like complete trash. The battle system was kind of cheap. I could get Frost or Sub-Zero, freeze you, easily impale you and let you bleed it out.
Agreed. That was pretty cheap. I didn't say I liked the game(had fun w/it for a bit tho), I liked the storyline. Shang & Quan were not playing around.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 05:30 PM