KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)

Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Liu Kang's death was the best thing to ever happen to MK, but they fvcked it up and brought him back. Pussies.

Cage being destroyed before MK vs. DC even happened was nearly as good, at least he stayed dead.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 12:04 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

If Cage stays dead, all of MK shall share his fate evil face

Agreed on the Liu lame part tho. Would have been best as a supporting character.......or worm food.

When Raiden does the "Superman" move, they should call it the Cap'n Marvel or the Shazam since Supes ripped off flight from him.

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 12:21 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

How can you rip flight off from anyone?

the idea of super powered beings being able to fly is far older than Marvel and Superman and is one of the most basic and generic powers, Marvel law-suit or not, flight becoming one of Superman's powers is natural progression.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 12:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

laughing out loud Nah. Denial is not cool. I guess Lex Luthor going bald was natural progression too? Admit it. CM was more popular(fact: His books sold more than Supes) so they ran to the courts like bit<hes & took his flight(fact: Supes used to just "leap tall buildings in a single bound") & made Lex more like CMs bald headed bad guy(fact: Lex had a full head of red hair). This is not opinion & it's not rocket science.

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 12:47 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by I-Drop
laughing out loud Nah. Denial is not cool. I guess Lex Luthor going bald was natural progression too? Admit it. CM was more popular(fact: His books sold more than Supes) so they ran to the courts like bit<hes & took his flight(fact: Supes used to just "leap tall buildings in a single bound") & made Lex more like CMs bald headed bad guy(fact: Lex had a full head of red hair). This is not opinion & it's not rocket science.
You're not getting the gist of what I am saying.

Sure, I'll accept Superman's flight at that time being the result of the Marvel law suit.

But flight is among the oldest and most generic superpowers, it cannot be ripped off of anyone. And Superman receiving that power "along with several Marvel DIDN'T have) is by no stretch abnormal.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:01 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

How many Superheroes you know of that had flight b4 Cap'n Marvel? & how do you explain Lex suddenly going bald?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:07 AM
NemeBro

Lex going bald I'll admit was a ghey move on their part(and stupid too, I mean wtf), as far as flight goes, I'm reaching back really far, even Captain Marvel's flight in his actual story is a trait of Hermes/Mercury, flight is an incredibly old power and idea.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:13 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Damn near all powers are when you think about it(except wall crawling big grin ). I'm just talking about in comics tho. So I guess your answer is none. The natural progression of jumping high is simply jumping higher no expression CM @least has an explanation 4 it tho. He's based on mythology & religion. It's in the word S.H.A.Z.A.M. Supes explanation is "CM did it & the kids liked it so now I'm doing it too." big grin

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 12th, 2009 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:43 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I like Marvel better. I also think he is better than Superman but of course that is up for debate.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 02:00 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto. I wish DC hadn't put him on the backburner so Supes could be "cool" again. Now he'll never be as popular as he once was.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 06:56 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by I-Drop
Damn near all powers are when you think about it(except wall crawling big grin ). I'm just talking about in comics tho. So I guess your answer is none. The natural progression of jumping high is simply jumping higher no expression CM @least has an explanation 4 it tho. He's based on mythology & religion. It's in the word S.H.A.Z.A.M. Supes explanation is "CM did it & the kids liked it so now I'm doing it too." big grin
Well comics also did not exist much longer than Superman, at least not the superhero comics we are discussing. no expression

And I just did some quick research. The law suit you are speaking of happened in 1951. Lex first appeared as a cue ball in 1941. And DC did not even aquire the rights to Marvel until 1970. Superman was able to fly in 1941, long before the law-suit, and only 2 years after Marvel was even created.

Still ripped them off though, right?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 11:14 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

They ripped him off & when that still didn't work, THEN they sued. When they ripped off the flight & baldness, CM was ALREADY outselling Supes with ease. CM got more popular than Supes almost instantly.

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 12th, 2009 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:12 PM
NemeBro

Captain Marvel was only outselling Superman in the mid 1940s.

The Lex/Bald thing was an artist mistake which was made in like his third appearance, and the look stuck.

Superman was more popular in 1941, and gained flight that year.

Oh, and you say Superman ripped off Marvel...Funny since Marvel's makers lost a law-suit for the exact opposite.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 02:34 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

TBH they're both good characters and they are the best DC has to offer moral/view of a hero wise. Yeah Superman is more popular than Marvel but Marvel is still great and has the edge over Superman in a few things and vice versa.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 02:37 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Not penis size though.

Marvel has the build of an Olympic weight lifter, and the penis of a child. So that makes his overall build that of an Olympic Weightlifter.

Subtle steroid joke ftw.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 02:40 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

And Superman is faster than a speeding bullet. So you know he gets like 5 seconds of pleasure before he explodes all over her face. Theoretically Marvel could go as long as he wanted with his child penis. All he has to do is yell SHAZAM and a bolt comes down and refreshes him.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 02:47 AM
NemeBro

Well going faster than a speeding bullet(or to be more accurate faster than a shooting star) into a girl would tear her in half...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 02:55 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Well going faster than a speeding bullet(or to be more accurate faster than a shooting star) into a girl would tear her in half...

I have to agree after watching the unrated version of Hancock.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 05:48 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Captain Marvel was only outselling Superman in the mid 1940s.

The Lex/Bald thing was an artist mistake which was made in like his third appearance, and the look stuck.

Superman was more popular in 1941, and gained flight that year.

Oh, and you say Superman ripped off Marvel...Funny since Marvel's makers lost a law-suit for the exact opposite.
Source?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 07:58 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

*contributes to this wonderful respect thread*

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:33 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote