KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)

Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

Well aren't you gonna explain why?

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 02:54 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Too lazy.

I do believe it was already done earlier in this thread

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 03:04 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
If you think all of this, then leave the thread. There's no point in staying here whining about it.

Really, I've yet to see a good reason to hate him.

Fight THE RAGE!
Dont let it control you mind, fight it man

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 03:10 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

All I hear is "he's a lazy design", "he's unoriginal", but I never see a good explanation for why.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 03:14 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Then you are ignoring what people say because you like Dark Khan so much. Try to be objective. People have explained in great detail why he's unoriginal and a lazy design. Be honest, are you saying that you couldn't have came up w/an idea like Dark Khan in under a minute?
In the end, this is what counts the most:
The thread starter asked for opinions. We are giving those about a character who sux. Relax.
I think people are just mad because MK got an extremely powerful character.
Hmmm. Those rules also say "no fanboy bickering". Be honest. Didn't that last statement sound like a perfect way to start fanboy bickering? MK has had extremely powerful characters for years. They've had GODS on the roster from day one. That's an extremely poor excuse for a reason people don't like D.Kahn. You can do better.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 04:36 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by I-Drop
Then you are ignoring what people say because you like Dark Khan so much. Try to be objective. People have explained in great detail why he's unoriginal and a lazy design. Be honest, are you saying that you couldn't have came up w/an idea like Dark Khan in under a minute?

The idea, yes. The design, no. And that can be said for many different designs.

The thread starter asked for opinions. We are giving those about a character who sux. Relax.

But you know the rules.

Hmmm. Those rules also say "no fanboy bickering". Be honest. Didn't that last statement sound like a perfect way to start fanboy bickering? MK has had extremely powerful characters for years. They've had GODS on the roster from day one. That's an extremely poor excuse for a reason people don't like D.Kahn. You can do better.

Actually, it's a good reason because there have been some who said that the MKverse is weak and that "gods are just a title". Now that it has a much more powerful character who makes the MKverse almost unbeatable, people wanna throw a hissy fit. And there's no fanboy bickering. I just don't get why out of every other character with a "lazy design", this one is the only one getting the most heat.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 08:12 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by majid86
Dark Kahn deserves no respect what so ever, he is a big pile of shit.
Man, i feel sorry for the people who actually LIKE him (the RAGE must have affected them big time).

Shao Kahn = Cool
Darkseid = Cool
Dark Kahn = TOTALLY LAME!

The way I see it,

Darkseid = uber awesomeness
Shao Khan = a lamer version of General Zod (bow to me!), and a poor man's Onaga as far as MK bosses go
Dark Khan = gay incarnate

All I hear is "he's a lazy design", "he's unoriginal", but I never see a good explanation for why.

Well, how is he not unoriginal, and what exactly is unique about his recycled design?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 08:19 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by majid86
Dark Kahn deserves no respect what so ever, he is a big pile of shit.
Man, i feel sorry for the people who actually LIKE him (the RAGE must have affected them big time).

Shao Kahn = Cool
Darkseid = Cool
Dark Kahn = TOTALLY LAME!

Please, Shao Kahn is nowhere near Darkseid's level of coolness/awesomeness; no-one from MK is for that matter, not even Onaga, unarguably the coolest villain in MK.

Lazy Design - Nothing but Shao Kahn's face mask design on top of a body that highly resembles Blaze's body structure. Also, calling his main ability RAGE? That's really stupid.

Unoriginal - He's only original in the fact that there has never been a character like him before.

A fusion between two beings has been done long before. Also, there's the small matter of his name. Darkseid + Shao Kahn. Again, not original, and very lazy in fact.
It's akin to me meshing Kung Lao and Liu Kang together to create Kung Kang, or Liu Lao. no expression

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jul 23rd, 2010 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 08:31 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Lazy Design - Nothing but Shao Kahn's face mask design on top of a body that highly resembles Blaze's body structure. Also, calling his main ability RAGE? That's really stupid.

I do see a resemblance between him and Blaze but they're not THAT much a like. There's plenty of designs like that anyway. And...what's wrong with RAGE? It makes sense looking at how it effects people.

Unoriginal - He's only original in the fact that there has never been a character like him before.

Or look completely like him.

A fusion between two beings has been done long before. Also, there's the small matter of his name. Darkseid + Shao Kahn. Again, not original, and very lazy in fact.
It's akin to me meshing Kung Lao and Liu Kang together to create Kung Kang, or Liu Lao. no expression

A lot of fused characters borrows parts of the characters' name they are fused with. What do you expect? Mr. Rage?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 10:13 PM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The way I see it,

Darkseid = uber awesomeness
Shao Khan = a lamer version of General Zod (bow to me!), and a poor man's Onaga as far as MK bosses go
Dark Khan = gay incarnate

Well, how is he not unoriginal, and what exactly is unique about his recycled design?

Oh come on! Now ya hating on Shao Kahn!

Well anyway, I think it has more to do with the fact that he doesn't look that much like Shao Kahn or Darkseid. You can easily distinguish him. Plus, his abilities aren't just mix ups of Shao Kahn and Darkseid. He actually has an ability unique to him (the RAGE).

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 10:18 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Please, Shao Kahn is nowhere near Darkseid's level of coolness/awesomeness; no-one from MK is for that matter, not even Onaga, unarguably the coolest villain in MK.

Agreed. I'd like to point out though that Darkseid himself was disappointingly horrible in MKvsDC; Almost as much as Dark Khan. Seid's voice in that game not only sounded terrible compared to in the animated series, but was nothing like it as well. At least the voices of Batman and Joker sounded remotely similar to Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, although granted, Darkseid didn't have nearly as many lines as those two characters, since he spoke only a little at the beginning and end of the story.

He also had no fatality. I blame Dark Khan.

A lot of fused characters borrows parts of the characters' name they are fused with. What do you expect? Mr. Rage?

Even that would've been a better name than Dark Khan. Onslaught doesn't borrow any part of Xavier's or Magneto's names now does he?

Oh come on! Now ya hating on Shao Kahn!

Well anyway, I think it has more to do with the fact that he doesn't look that much like Shao Kahn or Darkseid. You can easily distinguish him. Plus, his abilities aren't just mix ups of Shao Kahn and Darkseid. He actually has an ability unique to him (the RAGE).

Never found Khan to be all that great. Even Tsung is more badass IMO, despite not being as apparently powerful.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 10:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Actually, it's a good reason because there have been some who said that the MKverse is weak and that "gods are just a title". Now that it has a much more powerful character who makes the MKverse almost unbeatable, people wanna throw a hissy fit. And there's no fanboy bickering. I just don't get why out of every other character with a "lazy design", this one is the only one getting the most heat.

Not really.

MK already had the One Being, who is essentially God.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 11:26 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I do see a resemblance between him and Blaze but they're not THAT much a like. There's plenty of designs like that anyway. And...what's wrong with RAGE? It makes sense looking at how it effects people.

Blaze's second design is remarkably like Dark Kahn's in fact. From the magma like flow of energy in their body, and the rock like body. Dark Kahn is pretty much a fusion between Darkseid & Blaze in terms of design, with a little bit of Shao Kahn thrown in. (face-mask)

If there are plenty of designs like that, it fails to qualify as original.

Or look completely like him.

Yet he has numerous other factors that make him unoriginal and show signs of laziness on the part of the Creators. You say that he's original as no one else looks completely like him; I'll say that he's unoriginal as he makes people fight against each other.

This makes it original how exactly?
Rather, it's just lazy. We're back to the hypothetical situation of me naming a Kung Lao + Liu Kang fusion either Kung Kang, or Liu Lao. Both names are retarded, and show laziness on my part.

Mr. Rage would in fact be better than Dark Kahn. Or even Emissary of RAGE. Granted, EoR is more of a title, but they're better than Dark Kahn.

What would you name a fusion between Onaga & Mongul? If we go by the creators' method, we'd get Onagul, or Monga.
Starting to see the stupidity and laziness of their naming method yet?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 04:04 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Not really.

MK already had the One Being, who is essentially God.

For the MK verse at least. He doesn't lord over other universes.

Agreed. I'd like to point out though that Darkseid himself was disappointingly horrible in MKvsDC; Almost as much as Dark Khan. Seid's voice in that game not only sounded terrible compared to in the animated series, but was nothing like it as well. At least the voices of Batman and Joker sounded remotely similar to Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, although granted, Darkseid didn't have nearly as many lines as those two characters, since he spoke only a little at the beginning and end of the story.

He also had no fatality. I blame Dark Khan.

Yeah, he was rather disappointing. And his voice was rather gay.
To date, I can only find a handful of voices that can reach the level of badassery & awesomeness that Michael Ironside's Darkseid had.

Even that would've been a better name than Dark Khan. Onslaught doesn't borrow any part of Xavier's or Magneto's names now does he?

Yeah, whoever named him is creative, when compared to the dudes that made Dark Kahn.

Also, me using that Liu Kang + Kung Lao (= Kung Kang/Liu Lao) fusion example to illustrate Dark Kahn's naming laziness, has made me realize that the names of those two monks are so bloody similar. >__>

Never found Khan to be all that great. Even Tsung is more badass IMO, despite not being as apparently powerful.

Tsung looks even more badass in the sig I've made.

Also, I liked MK1 Tsung. Even MK2 Shao Kahn. They were rather badass when they first appeared, but subsequent appearances screwed that up.
The next badass villain was Onaga.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 04:04 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Glad to see you finally admit he's a lazy design. &Nah, it's a very foolish reason. 1. People are against him because he sucks. 2. He doesn't make the MKverse unbeatable because a)He's deader than fried chicken IIRC & b) he doesn't and never has existed in the canon MKverse. He's just a poorly made character created for a poorly made game. Now you're just using a poor excuse to explain why people dislike him. As I said, you can do better.
I might have to use one of those next time I change my username
What would you name a fusion between Onaga & Mongul? If we go by the creators' method, we'd get Onagul, or Monga.
Starting to see the stupidity and laziness of their naming method yet?
laughing

Last edited by I-Drop on Jul 24th, 2010 at 05:37 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 05:33 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, he was rather disappointing. And his voice was rather gay.
To date, I can only find a handful of voices that can reach the level of badassery & awesomeness that Michael Ironside's Darkseid had.

Same here...

Yeah, whoever named him is creative, when compared to the dudes that made Dark Kahn.

Also, me using that Liu Kang + Kung Lao (= Kung Kang/Liu Lao) fusion example to illustrate Dark Kahn's naming laziness, has made me realize that the names of those two monks are so bloody similar. >__>

Pretty much.

lol Yeah. I guess it's no coincidence.

Tsung looks even more badass in the sig I've made.

Also, I liked MK1 Tsung. Even MK2 Shao Kahn. They were rather badass when they first appeared, but subsequent appearances screwed that up.
The next badass villain was Onaga.

Tsung in MK1 I didn't like much. MK2 Tsung and beyond was where it was at for me, even in MKvsDC where he had a pretty cool voice.

Yeah. Khan was all right in MK2 and MK3, but after that was when he started going downhill for me, and then came Onaga, the original true ruler of Outworld.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 06:42 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Someone make a disrespect thread

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 05:48 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

because it needed to be here.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 06:18 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Someone make a disrespect thread

Why don't you do it yourself?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 09:05 PM
Bro SMASH

Glad to see you finally admit he's a lazy design. &Nah, it's a very foolish reason. 1. People are against him because he sucks. 2. He doesn't make the MKverse unbeatable because a)He's deader than fried chicken IIRC & b) he doesn't and never has existed in the canon MKverse. He's just a poorly made character created for a poorly made game. Now you're just using a poor excuse to explain why people dislike him. As I said, you can do better. I might have to use one of those next time I change my username laughing

I put said "lazy design" with a parenthesis so that's not exactly what I think. And really, even if he didn't exist in MK canon, he's still part of MK. Also, all I'm hearing from you is that he's a poorly made character. That's pretty much it. I don't consider that a good enough reason.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 10:54 PM