KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos vs Dante

Kratos or Dante?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kratos 19 40.43%
Dante 28 59.57%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kratos vs Dante
Started by: Kennedyward

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gumachi
Not to mention Dante could kill Zeus. Kratos is a Mortal and he almost defeated Zeus. Dante WOULD defeat Zeus.

Technically he did defeat Zeus. The only reason why he didn't kill him was because Athena jumped in the way.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 06:53 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Not to mention Kratos has defeated Gods using The "GODS" power he hasn't used his own. The Blade can't seal an entire world nor cut thru dementions. It's not that he defeated The Fates to get his Time Powers but stepping thru a mirror. The Gods in GOW can easily die by getting impaled. Dante is a half human got impaled 4 times and lived. If your saying this is GOWII Kratos and he has Titans. Why does he need the Titans backing him up on a one-on-one fight? Dante has slayed Atlas The Titan. You also forgot Dante can use Jackpot Seal--Sealing Kratos under Hell under his own power.

In game feats and abilities are not used here. If that was the case then Kratos could use his golden fleece to block all attacks and counter.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 06:55 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

He can't block ALL attacks. And Jackpot isn't ingame(I think). GF can't block Jackpot. And don't forget Royal Guard. Technially he never KILLED Zeus like people say. Dante can impale him with Sparda's Sword. Besides Zeus isn't that BIG of a deal(and this includes Mundus/Argosax from DMC also). I give Kratos the credit for near killing Zeus now that I do.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 08:18 PM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

Sparda is as powerful as Pandora's Box(PB on GOW is bascially power of a God). Yamato is as powerful as Blade of Olympus(I think). Dante has defeated Gods also. Where is your proof that he is more powerful than a Titan. Dante can also stop time. Has power of Demons. God of War II Kratos couldn't take Sparda's Form. Gilgamesh? Dark Slayer? Ifrit? Yamato? Alastor? Cerberus? Rebellion? Merciless? Vengetta? Trickster & Royal Guard?

Kratos murders in every way possible. The BoO, with one strike from zues, destroyed all the titans in the great titan war, so dont tell me the yamato is as strong as it.

Let me go over this again:

Brutality: If you pick dante, then obviously you havent played GoW.

Strength: kratos, easily. he stopped atlas' hand from crushing him, who, guess what, holds up the earths crust, so he is pretty strong.

Speed: In body movement, definitely dante. Hes too fast. But in reaction speed, i have to go with kratos since he did block lightning, and nothing dante has is faster than lightning.

Magic: Kratos, has super rapid lock on arrows, medusas head to freeze, zues' thunderbolts, rage of the titans, and can start mini quakes.

Weapons: Besides the BoO, i kinda have to give it a lil to dante because kratos only has 2 good weapons.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 08:38 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

He can't block ALL attacks. And Jackpot isn't ingame(I think). GF can't block Jackpot. And don't forget Royal Guard. Technially he never KILLED Zeus like people say. Dante can impale him with Sparda's Sword. Besides Zeus isn't that BIG of a deal(and this includes Mundus/Argosax from DMC also). I give Kratos the credit for near killing Zeus now that I do.

Have you seen the golden fleece not block someone? Have you seen Jackpot used in a cutscene? Have you seen royal guard used in a cut scene?

No one said he killed Zeus. Anyone who did obviously didn't beat the game and Zeus is a huge challenge seeing as he had the Blade of Olympus.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 08:54 PM
Gumachi

I own GOWII. I mean some people say he killed Zeus. The Golden Fleece can't block a giant's attack or The Blade. Yes Jackpot is used in a scene. When you defeat Mundus. And kill Argosax. Have you seen Golden Fleece used in a cutscene? Zeus wasn't worser than Mundus.

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 10th, 2008 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 09:14 PM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

Originally posted by k1Lla441
Kratos murders in every way possible. The BoO, with one strike from zues, destroyed all the titans in the great titan war, so dont tell me the yamato is as strong as it.

Strength: kratos, easily. he stopped atlas' hand from crushing him, who, guess what, holds up the earths crust, so he is pretty strong.

Speed: In body movement, definitely dante. Hes too fast. But in reaction speed, i have to go with kratos since he did block lightning, and nothing dante has is faster than lightning.

Magic: Kratos, has super rapid lock on arrows, medusas head to freeze, zues' thunderbolts, rage of the titans, and can start mini quakes.

Weapons: Besides the BoO, i kinda have to give it a lil to dante because kratos only has 2 good weapons.

I've played and beat both GOWs. Dante is faster. Because I doubt Kratos could even chop bullets in half. Hell Dante was actually catching on fire after he got his Devil Trigger. Besides The Blade has to HIT Dante. Dante also has a Giant Laser Cannon. And Super Regeneration. Athena Blades probably wouldn't hurt him. AS for magic. That wind is weak and wouldn't effect him. Dante can take attacks from The Savior himself and it's nonething to him. He can asorb his power and use it against him. Zeus thunderbolts? Dante Has Alastor. Rage of Titans? Devil Trigger. As for the Miniqauke. Dante can easily go in the air. As for Eurayles Head we don't know if he can be stoned. Yamato was the only weapon to hurt Dante. Kratos has defeated Gods. But not using his own powers. Dante could defeat Zeus. And Kratos is a Mortal and nearly defeated him. Both can stop time. But Dante can stop time the longest. Also he can be in DT hit him and time slows down. Dante also has agility. And The Blade never destroyed the Titans(they can't die). But sealed them in Tartarus under Olympian Power. And The Blade hasn't sealed an ENTIRE WORLD(not saying it's more powerful). Besides it isn't like The Blade would kill Dante in 1 hit.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 09:22 PM
Gumachi

Zeus wasn't that big of a deal. He was just a God throwing Lighting and Lighting Bolts around. Dante is also fast enough to dodge lighting(fight you fight Nevan). The only reason Kratos was about to "nearly kill" Zeus was because he had to trick him. Now Kratos climbing out of Hell is big. I admit that Dante Hell...scratch that it's not even Hell. It's not Pain and Agony like Kratos Hell.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 09:42 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Zeus wasn't that big of a deal. He was just a God throwing Lighting and Lighting Bolts around. Dante is also fast enough to dodge lighting(fight you fight Nevan). The only reason Kratos was about to "nearly kill" Zeus was because he had to trick him. Now Kratos climbing out of Hell is big. I admit that Dante Hell...scratch that it's not even Hell. It's not Pain and Agony like Kratos Hell.

Maybe not gameplaywise, but in terms of gameplay, God of War is a generally easier game than Devil May Cry. There are more things pointing out how Dante wouldn't defeat Zeus as he doesn't have the means at all: You say that Kratos had defeated Zeus with the Gods' power, which is something Dante does not have, for 2/3 of the fight with Zeus, Kratos had taken him head on and managed to land blows on him. Kratos has pretty much proven that he's above any ordinary mortal, being the son of Zeus thus a demigod, so don't try diminishing it based on preference; Kratos has had Godly blood in him from the beginning.

The Sisters of Fate alone were more powerful than the Gods in general, and Kratos had no help in defeating them, nor did he have an extra boost in power like he did against Ares; His victory over them is one of the contributions to Kratos' victory in this fight. Kratos can do more than just stop time, he's shown on at least one occasion to be able to travel freely from one point in time to the other, and in controlling to loom chamber, he controls time and fate. A boss like Echidna hardly matches the Hydra at all. Aside from possessing more intelligence, she was nothing more than a lesser version. The Savior was of a more serious background, but its flaws are ones that the Colossus of Rhodes didn't have (i.e. speed that was proportionate to its size), and my point is that Dante had never tossed the Savior with his bare hands like Kratos did against the Colossus, giving him but another strength feat over Dante. If the Blade of Olympus could kill a Goddess with one thrust, it could do the same to a half-demon(the only reason Zeus took so many stabs was because of being the most powerful of the Gods, and possibly because he had forged the weapon). Again, a fully-powered Kratos has every advantage over a fully powered Dante sans speed, there's nothing preventing the BoO from one-shotting Dante based on its own feats. Also, both times I recall Dante using jackpot, it was with the assistance of another demon's power.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Dec 10th, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 10:58 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I hate DMC fanboys almost as much as the series itself...And why is it that they are always a source of misinformation on the opposing character's traits?

Strength: Kratos. In every way possible. He tossed the gigantic Collossus of Rhodes a mile away, mangled the giant Hydra, and impaled the building sized Clotho with a giant gullotine.

Speed: Dante of course moves faster. But in a non-optional scene in the game, he blocks and deflects lightning. Dante is not faster than that.

Durability: Kratos gets sent flying for miles and through several feet of stone, and has a threesome afterwards.

Versatility: I am not sure what Dante has as of DMC4, but Kratos now has the Blade of Olympus, which has world-scaping and in a weaker form ended the Great Titan War in one blow. He has blades he controls through a form of TK, he has a hammer which causes fissures and summons the souls of the dead. He can lay lightning traps, cause fissures by pounding the ground with magic, fire arrows of wind and cause mini tornadoes, he can deflect attacks with the Golden Fleece, and now is a God of Time, able to travel through it at will. Kills baby Dante in the cradle ftw.

Skill: Kratos is an experienced Spartan General, and is well versed in several fighting styles. He trumps Dante in this regard.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 11:25 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
And what exactly was this little irrelevant off-topic comment supposed to mean?

It means that you hate Dante no expression

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 12:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Oh.

Well in that case, yes, yes I do.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 12:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Originally posted by k1Lla441

Don't think Kratos wins everyway possible. Kratos would lose in a battle of comedy against Dante, smile.

Brutality- Kratos

Strength- Kratos

Speed- Dante, and that is all he needs

Magic- Well since Dante doesn't really have any magic, Kratos

Weapons- Dante with ease

Still say Dante for the win.

Oh.

Well in that case, yes, yes I do.

Well that isn't right. You can't just say Dante lose just because you don't like his games.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Last edited by Ultimate Wil on Dec 11th, 2008 at 03:39 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 03:36 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Wil7
Speed- Dante, and that is all he needs

Weapons- Dante with ease

Well that isn't right. You can't just say Dante lose just because you don't like his games.
1. Is Dante faster than Lightning? Answer this question.

2. Name a single one of Dante's weapons that can even come close to rivaling the Blade of Olympus. Hell, name a single BEING in DMC who has shown the power output of the Blade of Olympus.

3. Who said that was what I was doing?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 04:09 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If they make a DMC5, I'm going to laugh.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 06:19 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Nemesis X
If they make a DMC5, I'm going to laugh.

It'll probably be another prequel to 2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 4 still canonnically before 2?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 06:23 AM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

1. Is Dante faster than Lightning? Answer this question.

2. Name a single one of Dante's weapons that can even come close to rivaling the Blade of Olympus. Hell, name a single BEING in DMC who has shown the power output of the Blade of Olympus.

That is called better reflexes, not speed.

Yamato, and Pandora. They might not be stronger, but there close enough.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 03:32 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Wil7
That is called better reflexes, not speed.

Yamato, and Pandora. They might not be stronger, but there close enough.
1. And reflexes are more important in a fight than speed. Can the world's fastest sprinter beat a UFC champion in a fight now?

2. They are nowhere close in any way, shape or form, unless you have some sort of reasoning behind your view?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 09:53 PM
Gumachi

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I hate DMC fanboys almost as much as the series itself...And why is it that they are always a source of misinformation on the opposing character's traits?

Strength: Kratos. In every way possible. He tossed the gigantic Collossus of Rhodes a mile away, mangled the giant Hydra, and impaled the building sized Clotho with a giant gullotine.

Speed: Dante of course moves faster. But in a non-optional scene in the game, he blocks and deflects lightning. Dante is not faster than that.

Durability: Kratos gets sent flying for miles and through several feet of stone, and has a threesome afterwards.

Versatility: I am not sure what Dante has as of DMC4, but Kratos now has the Blade of Olympus, which has world-scaping and in a weaker form ended the Great Titan War in one blow. He has blades he controls through a form of TK, he has a hammer which causes fissures and summons the souls of the dead. He can lay lightning traps, cause fissures by pounding the ground with magic, fire arrows of wind and cause mini tornadoes, he can deflect attacks with the Golden Fleece, and now is a God of Time, able to travel through it at will. Kills baby Dante in the cradle ftw.

Skill: Kratos is an experienced Spartan General, and is well versed in several fighting styles. He trumps Dante in this regard.

Not a fanboy. So STOP JUDGING. Anyway he throwed the because he had God Power. He can't travel to his time. If that's in the case Dante can cut Krato's Thread. And Kratos is gonna have to face Dante. The Blade wouldn't even kill Dante. Hell, The Blade isn't even a Devil Arm--but a Divine Weapon The only way to kill Dante is by ripping out his heart with a Devil Arm(revealed in anime). Kratos is still a immortal. That hammer is slow as hell and Dante is too fast. How can he travel in Dante's time when Dante lives in the future? Dante can summon Dopplegangers & Spirtual Swords. How can Kratos stop a Giant Laser at him? Or Rockets? As for Durability he still had God Power. Minitornados? Dante can asorb his power. Including from The Blade--so power from The Blade helps Dante. As for ripping a solider in half. I'm shure Dante could do that. Hell anyone can if the carcase is rotting. Kratos is no doubt WAYYYYY stronger than Dante. Dante has more skill though. He isn't better fighting in skill. Have you looked at the first scene in DMC3? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vehOUNY_1KU GOW fanboys keep saying "KRATOS HAS THE BLADE OF OLYMPUS" crap. He could impale all he wants but it won't kill him. Dante also has Fire Winds. Dante can regenerate Kratos can't. Dante also has Telekenesis powers--I can't find a vid but it's in DMC1. I've played DMC1-DMC3 and GOW-GOWII. I use to think Kratos could beat Dante--Change my mind, went back to Kratos>Dante, now I changed my mind. Who knows though what Kratos will do in GOWIII? He could be powerful as ever in GOWIII. The Blade can't stop Sparda's Form regardless. Dante can summon fire, wind, ice crystals, fire, lighting, bats, rocket, and lots more.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 03:01 AM
NemeBro

Not a fanboy. So STOP JUDGING. Anyway he throwed the because he had God Power. He can't travel to his time. If that's in the case Dante can cut Krato's Thread. And Kratos is gonna have to face Dante. The Blade wouldn't even kill Dante. Hell, The Blade isn't even a Devil Arm--but a Divine Weapon The only way to kill Dante is by ripping out his heart with a Devil Arm(revealed in anime). Kratos is still a immortal. That hammer is slow as hell and Dante is too fast. How can he travel in Dante's time when Dante lives in the future? Dante can summon Dopplegangers & Spirtual Swords. How can Kratos stop a Giant Laser at him? Or Rockets? As for Durability he still had God Power. Minitornados? Dante can asorb his power. Including from The Blade--so power from The Blade helps Dante. As for ripping a solider in half. I'm shure Dante could do that. Hell anyone can if the carcase is rotting. Kratos is no doubt WAYYYYY stronger than Dante. Dante has more skill though. He isn't better fighting in skill. Have you looked at the first scene in DMC3? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vehOUNY_1KU GOW fanboys keep saying "KRATOS HAS THE BLADE OF OLYMPUS" crap. He could impale all he wants but it won't kill him. Dante also has Fire Winds. Dante can regenerate Kratos can't. Dante also has Telekenesis powers--I can't find a vid but it's in DMC1. I've played DMC1-DMC3 and GOW-GOWII. I use to think Kratos could beat Dante--Change my mind, went back to Kratos>Dante, now I changed my mind. Who knows though what Kratos will do in GOWIII? He could be powerful as ever in GOWIII. The Blade can't stop Sparda's Form regardless. Dante can summon fire, wind, ice crystals, fire, lighting, bats, rocket, and lots more.
This post was full of so much ignorance and bullshit I honestly do not know how to respond.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 03:06 AM