KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Joker 89 v joker 08

Joker 89 v joker 08
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Joker 89 v joker 08

I thoght Jacks joker was good more comic like but the new joker just blow's things away he's more life like. He should get an oscar and the dark night is by far the best batman film makes me wish they never made the last four !

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 02:25 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

(please log in to view the image)
Heath's Joker is more Menacing than Jack's I think
And I like the fact that the Joker that Heath played had no real back-ground (Since in the comics Joker's origin is essentially unknown).

But nothing compares to the horror brought on by... this man...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 05:08 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

This choice is spectacularly easy. It's got to be Ledger.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 06:06 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Ledger, hands down.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 06:13 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Hands down Heath's Joker pwns all others..

Don't get me wrong, Cesar Romero's Joker was great for the times..

Jack's Joker was good but lacked a lot, while Heath just blew you away in his mannerisms as well as his performance..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 08:10 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGame17

Heath's joker.
Jack's joker kind of came across as more cheesy than scary..

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 10:35 PM
TheGame17 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGame17 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGame17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

After watching the performance a couple more times (thanks to my TDK DVD), I think we overrated Heath Ledger's (R.I.P.) Joker a tiny bit...

Don't get me wrong, he's still bar none the best live action Joker we've ever had the pleasure of viewing (Jack's is still good, though, especially during the Joybuzzer scene), but he didn't seem "amazing" anymore after the first viewing (maybe that's just me)...

Let me put it this way: Is Heath's Joker the best we've seen? Hell yeah. Is he untouchable in the role? Absolutely not.

I think it's just like with Christian Bale as Batman: The first time you saw him in character, you were in awe, and immediately went on the internet to rant about how awesome he was, but after repeated viewings, you begin to realize it isn't the perfect performance...

But yeah, Ledger > Nicholson, though I still enjoy Jack's Englehart/Rogers Joker...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 12:52 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

A guy named Mark did a better job, may the force be with you.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 01:01 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Well, actually, Hamill would be pretty terrible as The Joker in a live action film...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 10:42 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Joker 89 for the stomp

Heaths joker was a run of the mil..psycho.....that was not the joker to me....jacks joker at least tried to be more like the comics and succeded...i dont think it was heaths fault...i think it has more to do with Nolan trying to make the movie as real life as he could.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 01:30 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Joker 08 was more of a trickster than a Joker.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 10:07 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I like both for different reasons. I feel like Jack's Joker is more wacky dark insane like in the comics but I feel Heath's Joker's definitely was a scarier villain but he had a completely different backdrop to work against. I appreciate both though. I think the Dark Knight as a whole was just such a great movie that everything it is quite superior to most anything in the comic book movie genre though. Well except that horrid Bat voice.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 07:04 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGame17

quote: (post)
Originally posted by starlock
Joker 89 for the stomp

Heaths joker was a run of the mil..psycho.....that was not the joker to me....jacks joker at least tried to be more like the comics and succeded...i dont think it was heaths fault...i think it has more to do with Nolan trying to make the movie as real life as he could.

...... But the 89 Joker was cheesy confused

run of the mill? I don't know ANYbody that can put up a performance like that.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 06:01 PM
TheGame17 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGame17 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGame17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by TheGame17
...... But the 89 Joker was cheesy confused

run of the mill? I don't know ANYbody that can put up a performance like that.

Ooh, i can think of 1 actor that could have brought us somethign JUST as spectacular to the role, D.D Lewis.

But saying that, what heath did with the role was nothing short of amazing. No-one expected it. A nd because he is the only one who could have played it that way, he deserves an oscar.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 06:39 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I personally when I first saw the Joker in 1989 didn't think he was cheesy. I thought he was scary.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 02:00 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I personally when I first saw the Joker in 1989 didn't think he was cheesy. I thought he was scary.

Yeah, he killed a guy with a pen.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:01 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Heath's Joker did it better though.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:39 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by Wil Deidara
Yeah, he killed a guy with a pen.

That scene actually scared me as a kid. Like seriously terrified me. laughing

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 11:06 PM
Keehar

I like them both for different reasons. They represent different interpretations of the Joker from the comics.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 11:07 PM
Keehar is currently offline Click here to Send Keehar a Private Message Find more posts by Keehar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Bat Dude
After watching the performance a couple more times (thanks to my TDK DVD), I think we overrated Heath Ledger's (R.I.P.) Joker a tiny bit...

Don't get me wrong, he's still bar none the best live action Joker we've ever had the pleasure of viewing (Jack's is still good, though, especially during the Joybuzzer scene), but he didn't seem "amazing" anymore after the first viewing (maybe that's just me)...

Let me put it this way: Is Heath's Joker the best we've seen? Hell yeah. Is he untouchable in the role? Absolutely not.

I think it's just like with Christian Bale as Batman: The first time you saw him in character, you were in awe, and immediately went on the internet to rant about how awesome he was, but after repeated viewings, you begin to realize it isn't the perfect performance...

But yeah, Ledger > Nicholson, though I still enjoy Jack's Englehart/Rogers Joker...

I pretty much agree with everything you said except for the part of Bale as Batman since he is really the only true Bruce Wayne/Batman to have played the role so far.As you know,Bale was everything I always expected out of both Bruce Wayne/Batman that none of the other actors could ever grasp completely.so i totally disagree that after repeated viewings of him that he didnt give the perfect performance.Other than that,I agree with everything you said.Yeah he was the best to have played the role on the movie screen anyways.I still like Romero as the best of them all though as far as live action actors.counting Mark I likes Marks the best though.but yeah Ledger isnt untouchable as Joker.I also agree with what Keefer said that both Jack and Ledger were good in the part cause both are different interpretations.same applies to Romero.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 08:22 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote