KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The official BERSERK Thread

The official BERSERK Thread
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'm actually curious to how Guts will defeat Griffith — I mean Femto. He'd have to get in contact with the Skull Knight.

What's interesting is that the Skull Knight actually admits to fighting destiny.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 04:34 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

CONTINUE FALL!? Oh my goooooosh! I hate Miura sometimes!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 09:46 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I still think that the older guy that used Guts to escape is a douche. He still lied to Guts and used him as a decoy. Guts should have died: Guts only got lucky because of the flower fairy.

That old dude is still a douche.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 09:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Agreed

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 03:37 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

New Berserk chapter is out. It was abit too happy if you ask me but in this type of series, happiness is definitely welcomed.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 10:08 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
New Berserk chapter is out. It was abit too happy if you ask me but in this type of series, happiness is definitely welcomed.

Thanks!

I'll read it when I get home.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:09 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

And I've yet to read the 3rd part of Guts' backstory.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:39 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Very nice chapter. For me, it feels like the story, since waaaaaaaay back in the beginning, is finally starting to come together. The art is also looking quite amazing. It is like...all that magical world stuff is falling into place and we are understand the Berserk universe better.

Also, the boy is finally explained. The boy might be the fairy king's avatar.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2012 12:47 AM
M3yer5s

i also don't like the whole inclusion of kushans either but its good that griffith is pwning them up.
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by M3yer5s on Oct 24th, 2012 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2012 01:15 AM
M3yer5s is currently offline Click here to Send M3yer5s a Private Message Find more posts by M3yer5s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

It struck me as I read the new chapter. Miura is horrible at drawing facial expressions.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/...hapter-332.html

I'll compare it to Bleach, Gantz, and Naruto later today, or early tomorrow.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2012 06:57 AM
UltraSapienWolf
Hunter-Killer

I need to read more of Berserk, I'm quite behind with it.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2012 05:39 PM
UltraSapienWolf is currently offline Click here to Send UltraSapienWolf a Private Message Find more posts by UltraSapienWolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

I can't wait for the movie to be subbed. smile

For Fritos.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 08:50 AM
Stealth is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I had no idea the 2nd and 3rd Berserk Movies came out but...well here a trailer for the 3rd one:

I'm kind of depressed right now sad

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 01:24 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Needs moar Void.

Always been my favorite Godhand.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I've seen the first and second of the trilogy. It was decent. It could be much better, however. Also, the animation style, most of the time, leaves quite a bit to be desired.

It seems they tamed the movies down from the Manga and in a bad way.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:17 AM
wakkawakkawakka

I have not seen the 2nd or 3rd ones so to know that they were toned down is a bit of a letdown. Though with Eclipse, I'm not so sure if that's a bad thing cause.... goddamn that was some ****ed up shit in the manga.

I've never been of fan of the CGI that the movies use so that could also be a reason for not seeing the 2nd one.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:30 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I have not seen the 2nd or 3rd ones so to know that they were toned down is a bit of a letdown. Though with Eclipse, I'm not so sure if that's a bad thing cause.... goddamn that was some ****ed up shit in the manga.

I've never been of fan of the CGI that the movies use so that could also be a reason for not seeing the 2nd one.

The 3D animation, at times, was both too slow (not enough frames a second) and came off as "cell shading". So it ended up looking like a shitty cell shading anime at times.

I ****ing wish I could get into live-action and animation film production. So tired of awesome shit not being so awesome.

Honestly, Peter Jackson did stupendously with the LotR movies. He's one of the very few people to actually get shit right. You know why? Because he kept it so ****ing close to the source material with not only the plot but with the feel and setting. The only thing Jackson toned down in his LotR films was all the poetry and poetic singing....but even that got some screentime (seriously, even as a kid, I thought that poetry singing crap was gay...but that's how the Vikings and early Anglo-Saxons did it...which is kind of the setting Tolkien used).

Anyway, off my soapbox. The Berserk anime trilogy, so far, as still be really nice. Not as dark and gritty as the 90s anime, but definitely a massive leap in quality. Some action sequences are badass.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 05:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 12:29 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The third of the trilogy cut Wyald.

/ grumps

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 07:20 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This third movie is up for download

seen people on facebook posting it through a Berserk group

Originally posted by NemeBro
The third of the trilogy cut Wyald.

/ grumps

at least it goes past the point where the first series just suddenly ends.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 26th, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2013 10:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote