KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The official BERSERK Thread

The official BERSERK Thread
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Well it seems a new Berserk chapter snuck up on us:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/berserk/c334/

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 07:22 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well it seems a new Berserk chapter snuck up on us:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/berserk/c334/

Honestly, I was lost. When I started reading that chapter ( actually read it the day it came out but I was too much of an *sshole to tell you guys, here, about it...sorry about that....twas finals weeeek!), I was quite lost. It did not make sense why things were unfolding as they did.

So I had to go back and read the previous chapter. I was still somewhat lost. I think Miura taking off for too long caused some of the chapter-flow to be choppy.

Maybe I'm just being whiny.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 07:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Nope its all good. Apparently when the Berserk-verse got turned into Fairy-Tail land, Griffith was able to use his causality powers on a much wider scale. I mena prior to this he was only using the visions on Apostles and a handful of people he knew. Now he's giving entire town's worth of people and even his former enemies the visions too.

Doesn't hurt that he can now interact with the world as he see fit...sort of.

Though I guess the method of how Griffith shaped the land into his own person kingdom will be explained next chapter.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 08:15 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

New Berserk is out and stuff. Oh and Griffith looks just as effeminate as ever.

Old Post May 28th, 2014 04:31 AM
dadudemon

It's really really hard to be upset with Griffith for what he did to the Band of the Hawk.

Lemme explain:

Griffith appears to have brought peace and prosperity to the world. The people are happier than ever and they are taking in refugees from all over the world.

Sure, his actions are causing demons and trolls to attack innocent people.

Griffith is not a bad guy...this was always his vision. But, he did some atrocious things to get to where he wanted to be.

If you could end all human wars literally, overnight, would you kill 100-1000 of your friends and family to do so?

Old Post May 28th, 2014 12:38 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Griffith raped Caska, someone who basically worshipped him, in front of his best friend because he knew how sensitive Guts was about it, for no reason other then to spite him.

Griffith is a monster, I don't care how cool and awesome a city he made looks, his actions have now condemned the majority of the world to be at greater risk then ever, forcing everyone to migrate towards a place owned by someone belonging to a cabal of people who have pretty much stated they make life shit for people just to make life shit for people, a cabal that can now manifest wherever they want.

And no. "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."

Howdy!

Last edited by FinalAnswer on Jul 15th, 2014 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 01:25 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

New chap is out.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/...337&page=13

The most shocking moment in Berserk in a while IMO, which is bizarre considering how superficially mundane it is.

Rickert has balls the size of bricks.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 05:44 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by NemeBro
New chap is out.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/...337&page=13

The most shocking moment in Berserk in a while IMO, which is bizarre considering how superficially mundane it is.

Rickert has balls the size of bricks.

Hmm.

It is difficult to address, imo.

I think Griffith knew all along that what it he did was wrong. But he approaches it from the perspective of "kill a few to save millions" like Ozymandias in Watchmen.

However, the rape Caska stuff was completely unnecessary and it was just Griffith being an *sshole.

There had BETTER be a light side to this world beyond the pretty much invisible stuff the wtich-people summon to protect stuff. I hope there is a Light-Hand to the God-Hand that bestows Guts with a super-power-up that Griffith got so that Guts can finally fight Griffith.

Basically, right now, there is no logical way Guts can do anything to Griffith.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 05:56 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

So we went from strategy, warfare, depths of the human psyche and demon sacrifices to tea parties and slaps.

Originally posted by dadudemon
But he approaches it from the perspective of "kill a few to save millions" like Ozymandias in Watchmen.

No, he does it because he wants to be king. This was made clear from the very beginning and reinforced throughout the story.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 06:00 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Which reminds me, Rickert has grown up a lot hasn't he? He's real pretty. o.o

He and Griffith should like, **** or something.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 06:03 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

gay

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 06:18 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Astner
No, he does it because he wants to be king. This was made clear from the very beginning and reinforced throughout the story.

No, that is only part of it. The other part, which is the part that I directly addressed, was the part where he wants to successfully rule a kingdom: emphasis on successfully. He viewed the Band of the Hawk as the tool he needed to make that dream happen. If his dream was always just to rule a kingdom, he could have done that as a mere mortal. His statements or others statements about him wanting to "save the world" paints a picture of an Ozymandias-type character, and not just that he wanted to be king of one country.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 07:45 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 05:48 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I have a boner. Yup.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:18 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Finally. But why can't he do a weekly release like all the normal manga?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:34 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Because he actually cares about making nice artwork.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:36 PM
cdtm

Least he's still releasing them at all, unlike Veritas or The Breaker..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:41 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
random letters

Finally. The guy's worse than George RR Martin.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 07:29 AM
random letters is currently offline Click here to Send random letters a Private Message Find more posts by random letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Because he actually cares about making nice artwork.

He's been doing that in 3-4 week releases before, so how does that excuse 3-4 month releases?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 07:39 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by cdtm
Veritas
**** man, don't even remind me. sad

Old Post Jul 16th, 2015 08:32 AM