KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The official BERSERK Thread

The official BERSERK Thread
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blinky
Android First Class

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

If you can think of a time he murdered someone, I'll change my thoughts.

General Yurius and his son Adonis.

Originally posted by Kazenji
New Berserk Anime on its way

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/...-images-leaked/

That's kinda stupid. I mean there is NO WAY they are going to make an anime out of the whole Manga series -they are going to have to stop somewhere. IMO they stopped at a perfect place that makes most people who see the anime want to read the Manga. I loved the ending of the Anime, most people don't.

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Honestly, I don't even know if Berserk would continue or not. Kentaro Miura is already a moe lover since he already played Idol Master and refuse to continue berserk.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/...ay-idol-master/

WTF is Idol Master?

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Last edited by Blinky on Oct 26th, 2009 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 01:33 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Blinky
General Yurius and his son Adonis.

Yurius' death wasn't murder, though. It was punishment for trying to kill Griffith (we know the King thought it was Charlotte.)

And, Adonis' death was only knee-jerk by Guts AND:

1. He had to do it anyway to keep the "hit" from leaking.

2. He was on an assasnation job from the state, so it's not technically murder anyway.

3. Guts horribly regretted it and he didn't want to do it.

4. It was too late for him to do anything about it after he reacted, despite his not wanting to do it.

Do you have an actual example of Guts murdering someone in cold blood? I can't think of any.

That's kinda stupid. I mean there is NO WAY they are going to make an anime out of the whole Manga series -they are going to have to stop somewhere. IMO they stopped at a perfect place that makes most people who see the anime want to read the Manga. I loved the ending of the Anime, most people don't.

I disagree on both points. I don't like how they did the anime.

I am REALLY looking forward to an anime that has better animation, voice acting, and is a lot longer.

WTF is Idol Master?

Something not very interesting, but some like it, obviously.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 02:41 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I am REALLY looking forward to an anime that has better animation, voice acting, and is a lot longer.

I'm surprise with the anime since it was from 1997 compared to other things at the time which had better animation.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 02:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm surprise with the anime since it was from 1997 compared to other things at the time which had better animation.

Bingo. It was very low budget, apparently.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 02:51 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

But besides the animation the voice acting to me was decent enough and i liked how they did the anime for their first attempt at it.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 02:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Yurius' death wasn't murder, though. It was punishment for trying to kill Griffith (we know the King thought it was Charlotte.)

And, Adonis' death was only knee-jerk by Guts AND:

1. He had to do it anyway to keep the "hit" from leaking.

2. He was on an assasnation job from the state, so it's not technically murder anyway.

3. Guts horribly regretted it and he didn't want to do it.

4. It was too late for him to do anything about it after he reacted, despite his not wanting to do it.

Do you have an actual example of Guts murdering someone in cold blood? I can't think of any.

Dress it up anyway you want, IMO Guts killing that kid for any reason is cold blooded murder. The kid was innocent, I guess you can argue that Yurius had it coming.

I disagree on both points. I don't like how they did the anime.

Well people are seldom satisfied by the way books, novellas, manga are transfered to film. IMO, for the resources they had, it was done damn-well and ended a good place. But this is coming from somebody who loves tragic endings.

The english voice acting was shit. Watch it in japanese, way better. The animation was decent, IMO.

Last edited by Blinky on Oct 26th, 2009 at 03:31 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 03:17 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Dress it up anyway you want, IMO Guts killing that kid for any reason is cold blooded murder. The kid was innocent, I guess you can argue that Yurius had it coming.

Innocent in that the kid didn't do anything morally wrong, correct. However, he witnessed a state-sanctioned assasination and had to be taken care of immediately. It's not murder if sanctioned by the state.

Also, I'm not dressing it up at all. All of those points are valid. I'm sure Guts, had the boy approached him from the front, would have survived...getting Guts into trouble for not doing a very good job on the covert assasination.

Well people are seldom satisfied by the way books, novellas, manga are transfered to film. IMO, for the resources they had, it was done damn-well and ended a good place. But this is coming from somebody who loves tragic endings.

I'm not one of those. I view it objectively, almost everytime. The Watchmen movie was better than the comic. There's half a dozen examples, like that, that I think.

However, the Berserk anime was not better than the manga.

The english voice acting was shit. Watch it in japanese, way better. The animation was decent, IMO.

Actually, I thought the English voice-acting was good. I didn't like the Japanese voice acting. I thought it sucked. The anime was good...just was so low quality. It could have been tons better.

On another note, guts manga has been revived!!!!!!!!! I'm REALLY glad about this.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 11:13 PM
Blinky
Android First Class

Innocent in that the kid didn't do anything morally wrong, correct. However, he witnessed a state-sanctioned assasination and had to be taken care of immediately. It's not murder if sanctioned by the state.

Hahaha. Even by legal standards... State-sanctioned does not equate to "legal" under an empire/ kingdom. We all know that The King would have put Griffith to death had he known about this assassination. Still, Guts actions were morally wrong, it was murder, hence that is why he felt bad and was traumatized with nightmares.

Also, I'm not dressing it up at all. All of those points are valid. I'm sure Guts, had the boy approached him from the front, would have survived...getting Guts into trouble for not doing a very good job on the covert assasination.

Your points are far from valid. The kid had nothing to do with the assassination, period. Guts had a choice to kill the kid and he did. Even Guts thought it was murder -imagining himself as a demon. Guts wasn't thinking "Meh - f*ck that kid, it's legal."

However, the Berserk anime was not better than the manga.

No shit- the Manga is way better. How can a horribly incomplete, abridged Anime be better than the manga? No matter what they do, the anime will be incomplete and abridged... hence why not just leave it as is? Oh yeah... they wanna make more money.

Actually, I thought the English voice-acting was good. I didn't like the Japanese voice acting. I thought it sucked. The anime was good...just was so low quality. It could have been tons better.

The english voice acting was pretty damned one-dimensional, emotionless and poorly translated... but whatever floats your dingy.

Last edited by Blinky on Oct 28th, 2009 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 03:12 AM
Eman5805
Soulful Brother

I frequent another forum, and they seem to think those images are fakes. Elaborate fakes, without a doubt, but fakes nonetheless.

I don't know what to think.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 04:58 AM
Eman5805 is currently offline Click here to Send Eman5805 a Private Message Find more posts by Eman5805 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

On another note, guts manga has been revived!!!!!!!!! I'm REALLY glad about this.

link ?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 01:04 AM
dadudemon

link ?

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/...hapter-309.html

Actually, there were like, 2 chapters before that one, too.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 05:34 AM
Hell Lancer
Restricted

Account Restricted

so any news on Berserk? another hiatus? confused

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 10:39 AM
Hell Lancer is currently offline Click here to Send Hell Lancer a Private Message Find more posts by Hell Lancer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Katt
Adorable

Next chapter is out 12th Feb. Goddamn Miura, stop slowpoking.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 04:30 PM
Katt is currently offline Click here to Send Katt a Private Message Find more posts by Katt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Katt
Next chapter is out 12th Feb. Goddamn Miura, stop slowpoking.

lol

If I had time, I'd fly to his place (I can't fly..I'd take a plane), and I'd offer to write the rest of the story for him, and have a team of artists draw it...just so we could have an end. (I think the thing is going to last another 4 years...if he picks up the pace to 1 a month.)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 04:37 PM
Hell Lancer
Restricted

Account Restricted

given the japanese manga writers' penchants for cockups and open-endings, i think Miura is going to turn Berserk into a lame, pop-philosophy open ended crap.

that feeling is getting more and more certain. the writing has plummetted, the character development has plummetted and the overall narration and momentum of the story hasn't been the same since the part where Guts fought WITH Zodd to take down Ganeshka.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 01:28 PM
Hell Lancer is currently offline Click here to Send Hell Lancer a Private Message Find more posts by Hell Lancer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Hell Lancer
given the japanese manga writers' penchants for cockups and open-endings, i think Miura is going to turn Berserk into a lame, pop-philosophy open ended crap.

that feeling is getting more and more certain. the writing has plummetted, the character development has plummetted and the overall narration and momentum of the story hasn't been the same since the part where Guts fought WITH Zodd to take down Ganeshka.

What plot? lol

All the last few have been is a bunch of drawn images with very few words. laughing

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 03:59 PM
Katt
Adorable

lol

If I had time, I'd fly to his place (I can't fly..I'd take a plane), and I'd offer to write the rest of the story for him, and have a team of artists draw it...just so we could have an end. (I think the thing is going to last another 4 years...if he picks up the pace to 1 a month.)

4 years is being optimistic. It'll probably end up being another 20 years before it's done. laughing Unless something happens to Miura. Ohgod please don't let anything happen to Miura.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 02:43 AM
Katt is currently offline Click here to Send Katt a Private Message Find more posts by Katt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hell Lancer
Restricted

Account Restricted

well i don't knw about you guys but if that does happen, i don't mind getting me a red behelit and sacrificing this world to get Miura reincarnated.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 01:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

New Berserk Anime Project Launching (Updated)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 08:06 AM
dadudemon

Re: New Berserk Anime Project Launching (Updated)

While not "new" news, it's still a nice confirmation of existing news/rumors.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 12:32 PM