KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The official BERSERK Thread

The official BERSERK Thread
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
Consider this, before the eclipse there was a great variety of characters and in a sense it felt more believable. There were clear distinctions of what direction the subplots where headed and you actually felt it.

After the eclipse we were cut down to two active characters, one of which shouldn't really count, which eventually grew to five. Now magic was in abundance and the story was reduced to hunting down apostles, which didn't really contribute to anything. Since the main goal was the heal Casca and slay Griffith, and there were probably hundreds of apostles in the world.

Now we have unicorns roaming freely and monsters everywhere. I personally preferred when only a few had witnessed the presence of monsters since it covered the world in a canopy of mysticism. Basically it has been reduced to a violence encouraging D&D game.

Their in the process of getting casca to elf island to heal her it's just a matter of them getting attacked on the way there. Also I'm not gonna hate a story for making it more rich and expanding the lore of the world instead of keeping it dry and stagnant. There on an adventure and as things progress it's only natural the world will evolve along with the quest. Gut's understands that healing casca is a a priority over killing griffith and once she is taken care of griffith will get what's coming to him. Don't be such a critic when there really is no need to be one.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 01:59 PM
Kinasin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinasin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinasin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Iustitia per Potentiam

You're not necessarily adding when you remove something out of its mysticism. Take Star Wars for instance, the introduction of midichlorians did more harm than good, even though it was an addition that explained a lot.

Berserk is developing into a generic fantasy story, and I don't like it.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:13 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're not necessarily adding when you remove something out of its mysticism. Take Star Wars for instance, the introduction of midichlorians did more harm than good, even though it was an addition that explained a lot.

I disagree with you and if you don't like it then may I suggest you quit reading it? Also sucks to be you I guess because I love it.

Last edited by Kinasin on Oct 4th, 2010 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:17 PM
Kinasin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinasin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinasin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Iustitia per Potentiam

Originally posted by Kinasin
I disagree with you and if you don't like it then may I suggest you quit reading it? Also sucks to be you I guess because I love it.

I don't like the direct it's heading, but the manga is still decent.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 03:25 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Berserk never left it's mysticism. Like I said the apostles are making their moves and so is griffith so it's only natural more monsters show up and what have you. I think your just being a critical over nothing.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 03:40 AM
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Skullnight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 04:30 AM
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Skull Knight* sorry was excited lol

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 04:46 AM
dadudemon

The animation style looks GREAT! WTF is up with the hate, Astner? sad

I can't believe how awesome this is. And, the boost in royalties should be enough to propel Miura to finish the series. I hope, at least. Definitely in my top 5 favorite mangas.

Also, if anyone doesn't like the mysticism in Berserk, you're a dumbass for not having seen it sooner. The series started out with absurd amounts of mysticism and fantasy elements. It didn't "calm down" until the long extensive "flashback" that took us up to Griffith's sacrifice day. That's they way it started and obviously intended to go to. I mean, COME ONE people, the series started out with an androgynous fairy that could slightly heal wounds! Obviously, this started out with fantasy. Just stupid that people don't like that it's "exploring" those mystical elements more fully. You don't like it, why didn't you put it down in volume 1?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 09:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Originally posted by Kinasin

Skullnight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! My wish came true!

Also, Kinasin, I agree with you about the manga's current direction.
Of course, I still enjoy the older volumes but there's something about the more recent ones that draws me towards them more.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 02:27 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Esomark
Hell yeah! My wish came true!

Also, Kinasin, I agree with you about the manga's current direction.
Of course, I still enjoy the older volumes but there's something about the more recent ones that draws me towards them more.

Thx and I can't wait tell the episodes start coming so we can all discuss ^-^

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 06:02 AM
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 04:04 PM
menokokoro

I wonder if there is a count somewhere of how many people guts is shown to kill in the entire manga....that number would be massive.

also...I don't know if the site i was using to read the manga is up to date, when was the last date of the last chapter?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 03:04 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

7/26

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 03:40 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

ok thanks, its up to date then...he sure takes his sweet time doesn't he?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 09:54 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

though...now i think about it, his drawings are FRIKIN' CRAZY DETAILED! so yeah, I would think that it would be time consuming

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 12:51 AM
Markness

You're welcome. I've also read rumours that another reason he takes time is for psychological reasons. I guess drawing women getting raped by monsters and other sorts of depraved stuff would eventually take its toll on you.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 04:52 AM
menokokoro

oh yeah, thats an excellent point. is it really all just one guy? like the story and the drawing and everything? if so, kudos to him, that is a lot of work

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 05:01 AM
Mr. Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by menokokoro
oh yeah, thats an excellent point. is it really all just one guy? like the story and the drawing and everything? if so, kudos to him, that is a lot of work

yup it is.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 12:46 PM
Mr. Vader is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2010 08:25 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

and then you pick up the manga

edit: cancel that, it says reading....my bad

Old Post Oct 11th, 2010 09:51 PM