KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Venom/Symbiote Solicits

Venom/Symbiote Solicits
Started by: werehawk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
werehawk

Venom/Symbiote Solicits

Hello all, I thought instead of having a Venom in August etc thread every few months, we could make a single Venom/Symbiote Solicits Thread and discuss/update it as needed. Here are some links to a January solicit for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: EXTRA! # 2, which has an Anti-Venom story:
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10761

and a solicit for Dark Avengers 2 in February
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11077
where we see a black-costumed Spiderman that looks very Venomy and note that Venom is also not on the Thunderbolts by the time Dark Avengers comes out. And here is the cover to New Avengers 50 also with the Dark Avengers.
http://my.spill.com/photo/cover-to-new-avengers-50

Sorry I'm too lazy to post the actual images.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 03:07 PM
werehawk is currently offline Click here to Send werehawk a Private Message Find more posts by werehawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

Venom isn't in the thundebolts??????????

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 09:24 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

Not anymore. And rumor has it that he (as Spiderman), Bullseye (as Hawkeye), Osborn (as Iron Patriot), and Moonstone (as Ms. Marvel) will be on Dark Avengers - whether this rumor is true I don't know.

Also, a new symbiote solicit for March:
WOLVERINE #71
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
"OLD MAN LOGAN"
Now we know what happened fifty years ago, the day the super heroes were slaughtered. We know how Logan managed to survived. We know why WOLVERINE didn't. But that's nothing compared to what happens next, as Logan and Hawkeye reach New Babylon to deliver their mysterious cargo. But before they get there--they'll have to face their toughest challenge to date: a Venom Tyrannosaurus Rex! MARK MILLAR and STEVE MCNIVEN continue the career-defining epic that will have fans talking for years to come! Part 6 (of 8).
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$2.99

The whole dinosaur symbiotes was done so well in Deadpool 49 and 50 that I almost don't want to pick this up. But it is Millar so its probably good.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 06:21 PM
werehawk is currently offline Click here to Send werehawk a Private Message Find more posts by werehawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

sounds interesting

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 07:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

And here are a few scans. First the wraparound cover of Wolverine 66 showing the dinosaur+symbiote.

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/...268543_full.jpg

Here is the symbiote (sans dinosaur) in the most recent issue of Wolverine (#69).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5VgL6ZXwk...verine+69-6.jpg

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 01:23 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

The dinosaur with the symbiote looks really cool.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 01:41 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

so the venom symbiote will leave mac?????

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 04:53 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

At least in Millar's post-apocalyptic future.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 09:56 PM
werehawk

I don't have the issue or scans, but the Venom-Tyrannosaurus appeared briefly at the end of Wolverine 69.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 07:03 PM
werehawk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by werehawk
I don't have the issue or scans, but the Venom-Tyrannosaurus appeared briefly at the end of Wolverine 69.

Whoops. I meant issue 70. And the last page is the last scan in this link:

http://community.livejournal.com/sc...930.html#cutid1

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:42 AM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:11 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
(please log in to view the image)

Thanks for posting the scan Ptr (better than my link).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:40 AM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

No problem. I was wondering what that was. It said I had to log in. Did you copy it from another site? If so you might have copied the "..." and it redirected me to a default page.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 07:48 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Looks really cool

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:25 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

(please log in to view the image)

Wow, I wonder what would happen if he bit his tongue...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:34 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

No problem. I was wondering what that was. It said I had to log in. Did you copy it from another site? If so you might have copied the "..." and it redirected me to a default page.

It's this site:
http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/
But I forgot that if you don't log in (and say you are over 14, it doesn't give you good access to the posts.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:41 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Looking good, can't wait for the issues.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 12:37 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
F_doomed
Senior Samari

the trex is out. the issue read it on my compy i mean desk by reading the comic book yesterday.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/symbiotecollection/ for All your symbiote picture needs

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 05:43 AM
F_doomed is currently offline Click here to Send F_doomed a Private Message Find more posts by F_doomed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

An interview with Dan Slott is up on Comic Book Resources here:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=19527

There is a preview art page too. Sadly, Chris Bacchalo is doing the art and personally, I detest his art. It's manga-y and confusing, so I guess I won't be picking this one up.

This is what Slott says about Anti-Venom's story in Amazing Spider-Man: Extra #2.

"Hitting stores January 28 is Dan Slott's next contribution to the Spider-Man mythos, the previously mentioned “Amazing Spider-Man: Extra” #2. “It picks up Anti-Venom emotionally, spiritually, and physically where we left him in 'New Ways to Die,'” the writer said. “We get to see him in his new status quo and the first big bad he runs into is Mr. Negative who, little does he know, is the guy who made him. That's going to be a big thing for him. Will he find out that Mr. Negative is the cause of his transformation into Anti-Venom? You'll have to read it. One thing I am going to say though is that there's a status quo change that happens in this book and it's an important element in the world of Spider-Man.”

Slott's Anti-Venom story is a 22-page full length tale. “If Anti-Venom had his own comic, this would be a good first issue,” he said. “It sets things up for his future appearances. You get to see developments with Martin Li, Mr. Negative, Aunt May, and Anti-Venom. So it's all good.”

“It's all good” is also what Slott thinks when he looks at the artwork of his collaborator on the Anti-Venom story, Chris Bachalo. “The amazing thing about working with Chris Bachalo is that the work starts out gorgeous and every step of the way it's like 'Oh my god! That looks even better now that it's in ink! And now look at the color!’ Because there's all this stuff he does in layers. So you see it and you're happy and then you go from happy to ecstatic and then from ecstatic to drooling. So it's amazing working with Chris and seeing the whole thing come together.”

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 07:46 PM
werehawk

Symbiotes pop up everywhere. Look at the preview for X-men Kingbreaker:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stor...arvelfirsts.htm

specifically the first page:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stor...ngbreaker22.htm

'symbiote' - check
'eats brains' - check

I wonder how much of a role it will play. Not likely much as there are many characters in this story.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 07:58 PM