KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Bond is a type of the Antichrist along with Batman, Harry Potter, Superman, Frodo,...

Bond is a type of the Antichrist along with Batman, Harry Potter, Superman, Frodo,...
Started by: godislove85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is still stupid even after you word it better. The idea that we can only have one savior is just silly. To save the world we need everyone, and that is more then just one. It's called team work.

Nah, you only need one guy.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 09:04 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Nah, you only need one guy.

To save the world? laughing out loud You need as many people working together to make this world a better place. One man cannot do it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 10:33 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

To save the world? laughing out loud You need as many people working together to make this world a better place. One man cannot do it.

Is your view. A view which is totally irrelevant to the topic.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 10:43 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Is your view. A view which is totally irrelevant to the topic.

And now you are being childish. It has everything to do with the topic.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 11:41 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

And now you are being childish. It has everything to do with the topic.

Well not really, because they cannot be debated.

He is saying that he believes these people to be AntiChrists because they rob from Jesus the Glory and promise of salvation which he alone can bring.

His point is one of Christian theology.

You argument is basically- "They are not anti-Christ because Jesus isn't real ergo there is no such thing as an anti-Christ." Now that ofcourse may be true but it does not lend itself to the debate at hand.

You consistently do this funny thing when people discuss a Theological point of saying Its not real- so the debate is pointless. I really don't know why...are you not capable of discussing things within an appropriate context? We should all be able to discuss Greek Mythology without believing in it. Better still, some people can debate Superman vs. Batman without believing either to be true.

Last edited by Grand-Moff-Gav on Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 12:39 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Well not really, because they cannot be debated.

He is saying that he believes these people to be AntiChrists because they rob from Jesus the Glory and promise of salvation which he alone can bring.

His point is one of Christian theology.

You argument is basically- "They are not anti-Christ because Jesus isn't real ergo there is no such thing as an anti-Christ." Now that ofcourse may be true but it does not lend itself to the debate at hand.

You consistently do this funny thing when people discuss a Theological point of saying Its not real- so the debate is pointless. I really don't know why...are you not capable of discussing things within an appropriate context? We should all be able to discuss Greek Mythology without believing in it. Better still, some people can debate Superman vs. Batman without believing either to be true.

However, the starter of the thread obviously believes that Jesus is real, and that Bond is not. They have set themselves up to fail. The main point of my argument (that I thought you got, but was wrong) is that Bond and the other characters listed in this thread are trying to save the "world", and Jesus was NOT. To say that these fictional characters were an Antichrist is to say that Jesus was trying to save the world. This is just wrong. It would be like Bond trying to say your soul.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 12:57 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

However, the starter of the thread obviously believes that Jesus is real, and that Bond is not. They have set themselves up to fail. The main point of my argument (that I thought you got, but was wrong) is that Bond and the other characters listed in this thread are trying to save the "world", and Jesus was NOT. To say that these fictional characters were an Antichrist is to say that Jesus was trying to save the world. This is just wrong. It would be like Bond trying to say your soul.

They are again not setting themselves up to fail. The argument is fairly straightforward in itself and is surprisingly one shared by a few conservatives I know.

You never set out clearly that your argument was that Jesus was not trying to save the world while the characters were not. I personally would disagree and say the whole point of Christ's life was to save the world- just to a far larger extent than any of the people he has chosen to mention.

Jesus may have been more concerned with saving the world in terms of the souls of mankind and Superman deals with saving the physical Earth but it can still be argued that such a thing is a form of Anti-Christ because the way in which it is done makes the heroes appear to be godlike and superhuman who can solve all the worlds problems- leaving no place for God who in reality is the only one who can solve the worlds problems. Bond creates the idea that mankind can look after mankind, according to Christianity this is not true- man needs God.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:10 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

They are again not setting themselves up to fail. The argument is fairly straightforward in itself and is surprisingly one shared by a few conservatives I know.

You never set out clearly that your argument was that Jesus was not trying to save the world while the characters were not. I personally would disagree and say the whole point of Christ's life was to save the world- just to a far larger extent than any of the people he has chosen to mention.

Jesus may have been more concerned with saving the world in terms of the souls of mankind and Superman deals with saving the physical Earth but it can still be argued that such a thing is a form of Anti-Christ because the way in which it is done makes the heroes appear to be godlike and superhuman who can solve all the worlds problems- leaving no place for God who in reality is the only one who can solve the worlds problems. Bond creates the idea that mankind can look after mankind, according to Christianity this is not true- man needs God.

Now you are making Jesus fictional.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:13 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Now you are making Jesus fictional.

In what way?

Are you suggesting that fictional characters and ideas i.e. Bond have no effect on our understanding and regard for reality i.e. Jesus?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:14 AM
siriuswriter

I wasn't able to LOL at this post -- it was just too nutty, it actually rendered me to a state of closed mouthed, wide-eyed, impending hilarity.

I think I'll start to laugh in about five minutes.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:21 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I wasn't able to LOL at this post -- it was just too nutty, it actually rendered me to a state of closed mouthed, wide-eyed, impending hilarity.

I think I'll start to laugh in about five minutes.

Just because you have the intellectual capacity of a toadstool and are therefore unable to comprehend the views of other people or empathise with their understanding doesn't mean you should compensate by ridiculing people when they say things beyond your limited capacity.

Perhaps you also believe fiction has never and will never affect peoples understanding of the world and how they live in it? Perhaps you deny ideas given a platform in fictional works ever gave an impact on society? Perhaps you deny Lewis, Steinbeck, Orwell and even Aesop have any contribution whatsoever to the popular understanding of the universe?

Last edited by Grand-Moff-Gav on Feb 16th, 2009 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:24 AM
dadudemon

You silly silly nilly. Even Hairy Potter makes reference to God several times. I rather ejoyed Rawlings reference/homage to God in her stories. Take THAT stupid arrogant hypocritical Christains. (They're usually the ones who make shit up about Mormons because Mormons take money away from their pastors...they can't afford their big ass houses and expensive cars when they start losing members to the Mormons.)

Originally posted by Da Pittman
laughing laughinglaughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

QFT

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:29 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by dadudemon
You silly silly nilly. Even Hairy Potter makes reference to God several times. I rather ejoyed Rawlings reference/homage to God in her stories. Take THAT stupid arrogant hypocritical Christains. (They're usually the ones who make shit up about Mormons because Mormons take money away from their pastors...they can't afford their big ass houses and expensive cars when they start losing members to the Mormons.)

QFT

What?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:30 AM
dadudemon

What?

I think the thread starter is silly. i also think most Protestants are stupid (when it comes to religion) and I thought Da Pittman's post was all to relevant.

Also, I agree with both you and Shaky. You are BOTH correct. Christ's work means absolutely NOTHING without all of capable man trying their best to help each other through righteous motivation. This includes Protestants, Catholics, Mormons, Buddhists, atheist etc. We should all be working as altruistically as possible for each other. Since you and I have provincially a sure knowledge of Christ and his Redeemership, we can help in one extra way, for those who'll have it. In the end, it is up to God to judge us according to our works and our faith. God already said that he will make provisions for people who never got the chance to live by his exact teachings and precepts, however, in almost every positive religion is found the fundamental teachings of God.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 01:35 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

In what way?

Are you suggesting that fictional characters and ideas i.e. Bond have no effect on our understanding and regard for reality i.e. Jesus?

No. The Antichrist has to be a real person, otherwise, you are sounding like a Gnostic.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:15 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

first of all, to end all arguments, all of these characters are fictional. they are not sataan or the antichrist. THe antichrist is one man fortold in the book of revelation. And on the topic of saving the world, do you think patton saved the world with his tactics? yes. in some circumstances, one man can impact the world enough to save it. jesus is a god though, so he can save it. saying one man can't save the world is an absurd point of view.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:16 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
first of all, to end all arguments, all of these characters are fictional. they are not sataan or the antichrist. THe antichrist is one man fortold in the book of revelation. And on the topic of saving the world, do you think patton saved the world with his tactics? yes. in some circumstances, one man can impact the world enough to save it. jesus is a god though, so he can save it. saying one man can't save the world is an absurd point of view.

No, the anitChrist is a metaphor for everything evil that takes interferes with God's Children's salvation.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:19 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

No. The Antichrist has to be a real person, otherwise, you are sounding like a Gnostic.

You're concept of antichrist is fundamentally flawed.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:19 AM
dadudemon

Do you agree with my interpretation, more or less? I find it hard to believe that there will only be one specific individual.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:20 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

And your is not very Catholic. BTW the antichrist is just a made up idea, so I don't really have an concept about the antichrist.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:44 AM