KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » AC/DC'S_LVR's stories

AC/DC'S_LVR's stories
Started by: AC/DC'S_LVR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
Ch. 5

“God damn you Barker! The M-56-A is way more powerful than the AKP-815,” Vinny was shouting as Colin pulled the truck into the loading bay behind the warehouse.

“They’ve been at it for the past hour and a half. Please… shut them up,” he begged Mike as he navigated the truck.

“Don’t worry, the next drill is in an hour,” Mike said when he grabbed onto the truck.

“Hey Colin! These two givin’ you trouble?” Kay asked as she closed the door behind the truck.

Colin hopped out of the truck cap and unlocked the back to reveal two men slapping’ each other amongst a sea of guns and ammo.

“Well, at least they haven’t shot each other,” Kay said.

“Yet,” Tim said as he climbed aboard to give them both a shot in the arm.

“Ow! What the **** is that?!” Barker yelled.

“A tracker. There are a lot of us here so we need to keep track of everyone,” Tim explained.

“It monitors your heart rate, blood pressure, magick levels and brain activity,” said Glenn from beside a stack of boxes.

Vinny and Barker looked at the goat with raised eyebrows, but quickly turned their attention to their hoard of weaponry. Slowly, they packed up the guns that were displayed across a table built into the truck before being led down to the main area of the complex.

“This should be interesting,” Riley was saying to Piggle as they took boxes of food supplies down to the kitchen and storage area.

Just as Piggle passed by a group of people sorting through med supplies, Ken reached out and grabbed Piggle.

“Ken quit it!” she giggled, “I’m carrying glass!”

“Alright people let’s get this stuff down to storage! Tomorrow there’s gonna be a meeting to brief yn’s guys about our mission,” Kay said, “So hit the hay as soon as everything’s catalogued.”

“C’mon Sean why can’t we eat?” little Kyra complained.

They had just landed off the shore of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and were now scoping the area for possible meal ideas.

“We need to see if there are any humans in the vicinity,” Kyra’s older brother, Sean, said, “We don’t want to have any humans succumb to the hands of a pack of hungry vampires, now do we?”

“Because we-,” Kiriel, the middle child began.

“Never kill the innocent. Yeah, I know,” Kyra finished.

Sean, Kiriel, and Kyra were the three children of Kay and Sidney, in the forest, Faye and Angus’ twin boys, Ronald and Jonathan, unloaded the supplies from the C.Pod (Capsule Pod). Farther into the forest, the rest of the Children, Anastasia and Brian’s children were setting up camp. Brandon and Brendon gathered firewood from the surrounding area while setting up a perimeter. Morgan, Amelia, and Angela were setting up the boys and girls tents while their brothers worked close by.

“Okay, I don’t think that there’s anyone out there. We checked the entire shore line for ten miles in each direction and the most we found were some scrap metal from dig sites,” Kiriel said when they hopped over the seven foot tall wall of thorny bushes and branches.

“Good job. Once Ron and John come back, we can eat,” Brendon said.

“Why don’t you start up the fire?” Brandon asked.

“Umm-okay. Where’s the wood?” she asked.

“Here’s some,” he said, handing her a large log.

“Th-thanks,” Kiriel said going off to the center of their little clearing.

That night, they had their first real meal in over three years; naturally, Ron and John ate the most and ended up passing out as soon as they were carded off to their beds. Kiriel stayed outside though, not needing sleep she volunteered to be the first one on watch. Most of the time she remembered the last time she saw her parents….

It was a hot summer’s day out in a dessert, maybe the Mojave or something like that. They had just raided a ghost town for the last of its supplies, it was small and completely abandoned, not even animals had stuck around to try and make a living from what was left. Ron and John were only five then, and their Vampire teeth were starting to come in. As much as she’d like to not blame their crying, she couldn’t help but do so. For it was the dead of night, they had just set up a camp, not unlike the one the Children had set up, and John woke up with his teeth aching. Overhead, a sentry flew past with its lights and it spotted a ripple the Invisibility Shield made in the air.

Wolves in all shapes and sizes sprung forth to capture them all and load them into cages. But before they could lock up Kay’s cage, she leaped at the Wolf that carried her and ran to try and break the others loose.

“Kyrie, don’t!” Sidney said when she reached his cage.

“Run! Forget about us!” Sean called from way in the back of the AirShip.

“I’ll be back for you…. I promise…,” she said to her husband before giving him one last kiss and running off into the frigid dessert night.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:45 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 6
Marko Romanis walked into the meeting room full of officials from all over the Globe and the newly colonized Moon. Once a week now, they had to meet in a secure location to discuss the matters of not only about their designated domain but how to destroy the Resistance once and for all. Usually, Romanis was never in a very good mood, but today his mood was even worse due to the escape of the Children of the Resistance.

“Mr. President, I have debriefed the rest of the board members on the current situation with the Resistance, they are now waiting for your orders,” Mr. Reese said.

“We must find the Children before they reach that accursed woman who escaped from us three years ago,” Romanis said as soon as he sat in his chair.

On a Holoscreen in the middle of the table, it showed the faces of the Children and Kyrie. Kay’s picture blinked a couple of times and switched over to a full 3-D replica of the footage from her escape alongside a full size picture of her. Romanis watched this footage with his usual distasteful look in his flat black eyes.

“The C.Pod that the Children escaped in had a homing device, unfortunately for us, the little brats are intelligent enough to know how to not only navigate but deactivate the C.Pod’s navigation system,” a man from Central Intelligence said.

“Why would they do that?” asked the Chinese Diplomat.

“Because the navigations system is connected to the homing device. In order to deactivate the homing device, you must destroy the navigations system,” the C.I. man explained.

“So they crash landed?” the other man asked.

“No,” Romanis said, “They landed perfectly, wherever they wanted to land. They’re parents would have taught them much better than to destroy the navigations system of a blind craft unless they knew how to fly it. No… they’re alive, and they’re waiting for us.”

At headquarters, the Resistance was receiving the news about the Children escaping. They were all sitting down to have lunch when the Holoscreen displayed the leaked footage of Brandon overtaking the Wolves and running off to free the rest. When Kay saw this, she immediately left the room, at a near run; she didn’t stop until she hit the outside. The Arctic winds hit her face clearing her thoughts and calming down her system.

“Mom?” a voice said from behind her.

She whipped around, for the first time in about one hundred years; she was both surprised and scared. Standing only a few yards away from her were her children. Not just the Children of the Resistance, a formidable foe to the reign of Marko Romanis, but her own children. They smiled and ran at her, all three of them engulfing her in their arms, harder than steel and diamond put together.

“My babies,” she nearly sobbed, “I can’t believe you actually escaped from that hell.”

“It was all Brandon,” Kiriel said.

“Oh, Kiriel, you look just like me. Like I look like my mom did,” she chuckled.

“We missed you mom,” Kyra said.

“Little Kyra, look how you grew,” she said.

“The rest are on their way,” Sean said, “And also… I love you.”

“Wow. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear you were your father,” Kay said to her oldest, “We should get inside. Where are the others?”

“Another mile behind us,” Kyra said shamefully, “We were kinda anxious to see you.”

“Hey Kay are you feelin’…,” Roger started when he poked out from the doorway, “Are these-?”

Kay simply nodded, knowing his question before he finished. Then a noise from behind her caught her attention.

“Go inside, kids,” she said.

“Mom, it’s just the rest of the Children,” Kiriel said.

“Still, go inside,” she said, “Your eyes are dark, so head straight for the freezer and warm yourselves up some Mountain Lion. I’ll help the others.”

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:45 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 8

“Okay, I think this is the address,” Bruce said when they reached a broken building.

“Why would Alex wanna hide in there?” Roland asked.

“Like Romanis would look in his own backyard,” Sean said, “Besides, it’s a perfect position to keep a lookout on everything.”

“As long as he IS in there, otherwise, were gonna have to think of another way to the moon,” Roland said; he took out a tracker and followed the dot to behind the overgrown bushes that decorated the once beautiful Louvre.

“I remember coming here once when I was a kid,” Sean said, mostly to himself.

“So how old are you anyway, kid?” Bruce asked.

“995 years old,” he replied promptly, “in human years anyway. In vampire speak, I’m still only about 25.”

“Okay,” Roland said, stopping in front of what looked like an ordinary wall.

“What’s so special about this?” Bruce asked dubiously.

“It may look like a wall but really,” Roland felt the wall and pulled on a section of cloth that hung there: invisible, “It’s the entrance to Alex’s lair.”

“Stealth Cloth,” Sean said, admiring the silky smooth cloth, “This guy is a genius.”

“He used to work for Romanis, so he has to be. Also, you never know if his cheery disposition online was all a rouse to fool us and help Romanis get info on the Resistance,” Roland warned.

And so they descended into the depths of a mad-scientist.

“Sir- President Romanis,” Mr. Reese said one evening, “I think we have a problem.”

“What is it? Is it the Resistance?” Romanis asked, immediately jumping from his seat.

‘Patience my son,’ the voice said, ‘we mustn’t get too hasty.’

“No sir,” Reese said ashamed, “these are the latest brain scans from the captive Resistance members.”

He handed the President four charts that showed a colorful array of patterns and schemes. Romanis gawked at the sight, knowing at once what it meant.

“Has anyone outside the doctors covering them seen these?” he asked in a steely cold voice.

“No sir, I brought them straight here as soon as the scans were complete,” the small and balding man said.

“Good, keep it that way. Chart me a C.Pod to the prison,” he said, “I want to speak with the members.”

“Right away sir,” Reese said, running away from the cold stare that penetrated him, seeing straight to his soul.

“Easy there, dog,” Brian snarled, “I’m not as young as I used to be.”

The Wolf growled for a short second before the door opened to reveal Romanis, as usual, his eyes were blacker that a black hole. With a wave of a hand, he dismissed the guards from the room. Then he sat down before the Resistance’s strongest members.

“So then,” he began, his voice was like nails grating across a chalkboard, “You still have powers.”

They stared blankly at him, neither giving anything away nor saying they didn’t know what he was talking about. As neutral as the former nation of Switzerland.

‘Damn it Ang,’ Faye said mentally, ‘now I want some cheese.’

Anna couldn’t help but snicker.

“Is something funny, Leech?” Romanis leaned across the table and stared her in the eye.

“Only that thing you call a face,” she said with a cheery smile.

Now the others couldn’t help but smile and snicker. Romanis’ face puvkered up and he grabbed her by the hair and lifted her across the table, snapping the restraints that held her in place. Brian struggled against his but a Wolf shocked him in the back with a Shocker Wand.
“It’s this reason that your Children were separated from you, and now they’re gone. My Wolves are very close to finding them, and you know what?” he snapped, “The official orders are to terminate on site.”

The shock and awe was felt in the atmosphere, thicker than the smog over Pittsburgh in the 1800’s.

Finally, the thing in the Mediteranian awoke and made its way to the surface….

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:46 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 9

“We got Alex, but he isn’t particularly happy,” Sean said when they parked the Stealth Vehicle.

“It doesn’t really matter if he’s happy or on a murderous rampage, as long as we got him and Romanis doesn’t even have an inkling as to our location, it’s all good,” Ksy said.

“Oh yeah, we also found someone who says she wants to help,” Bruce said.

“Okay, where is she?” Kay said.

“Hey there sis,” a voice from behind her said.

“Kylie?” she asked, confused.

“Never thought I’d see you again,” her sister, turned into an immortal after almost dying in a car accident, said.

Kay was speachless. The last time she saw her sister was over 50 years ago when they were first starting up the original Resistance. She had met a Wolf and ran off with his so he could escape the draft by Romanis. And now, here she was, still as young looking as the night of the accident….

“Woah!” Mike said as he got a good look at Kylie, “And who might you be miss?”

“Kylie, imulamusheen to you,” she said, she certainly had matured since the last time they were together.

“Well, it’s very nice to meet you,” he said taking her hand and planting a soft kiss on the back of it.

“Go be suave after you’ve catalogued all the things coming in,” Kay said, “I need to catch up with my sister. Wow, fifty years….”

His hand broke the surface of the water, it groped around for the shoreline but only found a piece of driftwood. He used it to pull his head above the suface so his lungs could take in air. Shivering, the young boy kicked his feet towards the shore. Once there, he walked down the beach, trying to find his way, but his senses were muddled from the years spent in the salt water.

A Wolf approached him when he found a small fishing town along the beach.

“Halt there, boy!” the Werewolf shouted.

The boy just kept on walking, so the Wolf took out his gun and aimed it at the kid’s head.

“Are you deaf? I said halt!” he repeated.

The boy froze, after a few minutes of standing like that, the boy finally turned to face the Wolf, clad in a Romanis Army Uniform (RAU). The look in the boys eyes was calm, unlike that of any child that the Wolf had ever encountered. Usually, they were scared, and he liked it when people were scared of him, it got his adrenaline pumping through his veins.

“Where do you come from boy?” asked the Wolf, trying to instill fear.

This earned more calm looks from his unnaturally green eyes, partially covered in sea water-soaked hair.

“Can’t you speak neither?” then the Wolf crouched down to look thw boy in the eye, “I asked you a question, and it’s only polite to answer your commanding officer, boy.”

The Wolf’s trigger finger strted to get tingly, and he couldn’t help but pull back on the trigger. But only a click came when the trigger was fully pressed down.

‘Damn, I could have sworn I loaded this thing,’ the Wolf thought, ‘Maybe it’s just jammed.’

Then he looked at the boy again, and his eyes were glowing. That’s when the Wolf understood…. The kid was a Magick, and a savage one at that.

Quickly he reached for his Shock Wand, but one of the kids hands stooped him.

“What the-?” the Wolf began.
Then the other hand reached up to touch his forehead, and the touch was warm.

“Please, Father,” the boy said in a voice as warm as his touch, maybe warmer, “Take this corrupted soul into your arms. Forgive him Father. Amen.”

Then the warmth spread throughout the Werewolf’s body, and he strted to feel light, finally; a bright glow appeared above him, and it too was warm. The warmth filled him now, so he flew up towards the light, and into the arms of God.

“We have to get outta here, guys,” Angus said once they were placed back into their cells.

Faye struggled against her restraints in order to turn towards her love.

“How do you think Anna’s doing?” she asked.

“Doesn’t sound good to me, hun,” he replied, solemn now, “I haven’t been able to hear her since they took her away.”

“I think this one’s gonna be perminant guys,” came Anna’s breathless voice.

“Where are you?” Brian’s voice asked.

“In a white room. They’ve got me locked up good and tight,” she said, “And I agree with Ang. We need to get out of here.”

“How?” Brian asked.

“I finally found Kay,” a smile now played with her mental voice, “And she’s built a new Resistance.”

“What!?” all three voices asked.

“And even better,” an even bigger smile prominent, “She’s found the Children.”

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:46 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 10

Romanis sat in his chair at the head of the UESC’s meeting table. Behind him, the landscape of the Moon reflected the lights from the compound and caused an eerie glow to illuminate his profile. This effect combined with that of the Earth’s edge appearing over the horizon, gave Romanis the appearance of a God.

He quietly listened to the reports of the happenings in his kingdom, happier than he had been since being elected into office. This was partly due to the fact that they had a possible area of location of the Resistance; another was finally signing the papers to lock up the silver-haired vampire, who could have ruined his entire plan.

Then, he suddenly felt a sharp pain go through his body. Romanis doubled over in his chair and let out a guttural noise that the Council Members took for a groan. A light danced in front of his eyes, then it grew brighter until it filled his vision. The light was followed by a voice, but it wasn’t the normal voice….

‘I’m coming,’ the voice said, it was child-like, but very calm, ‘Your reign is done, Romanis. Soon, you will be sent back to where you spawned from.’

‘Who are you?’ Romanis asked, ‘What the hell are you doing to me?’

‘Showing you the pain you’ve caused this planet,’ said the child’s voice.

Romanis groaned again, then he collapsed in a heap into the floor before the Medics could out him onto the stretcher and cart him off to the sick bay. Romanis’ eyes glowed red with the fury that built up inside him from being taken over by a child.

“How’re the C.Pods coming along?” Kay asked when she entered the launch hanger that was now over-run by C.Pods.

“Almost done,” replied the newly adjusted Alex.

It was now 6 weeks since the scout team brought Alex into the Resistance’s compound, and they had accomplished quite a lot in those short 6 weeks. It turned out that he had been trying to reach the Resistance for some time and he was unhappy when he first arrived because he had thought Romanis had finally found him.

Kylie and Mike had taken a liking to each other from the get-go and now they never left each other’s sights. Plus, Kay had finally made contact with her friends, and most importantly: Sidney. He was being held in a separate part of the Prison so that he wouldn’t ‘cause any trouble’, what with he being the New Resistance’s love. He was close to Romanis’ personal chambers and was able to hear all that went through the President’s mind.

“The guy’s nuts, babe!” he said when she first asked him about Romanis, “He has a voice inside him, that is constantly in control of his decisions. But yesterday, something took over him.”

“Could you hear what it was?” Kay asked.

“It was,” he began unsure of himself, “well… it was a child, Kyrie.”

“A child? Like one of ours?” she asked him.

“No, his voice was like none other I’ve heard in all my years,” he said, “They took him away to the sick bay after he collapsed, and you know the strangest part?”

“What?”

“His eyes glowed,” Sid said, “They were glowing bright, bloody red.”

“Okay everybody, today’s the day,” Kay began as she stood before the assembled teams, “Today, we rescue the Original Resistance. I know you all want to know why we must, but that explanation will have to wait for when we retrieve the others.

“They’re not only my best friends, they’re extremely important to this cause. Every one of yn’s guys were chosen due to your knowledge and ability in a certain field. So, you’ve been divided up into groups that will be focused on a specific point in the mission. Team A: Your job is the go in first and take out the guns. The twins are very powerful at generating shields so you must rely on them to keep you safe. Meanwhile, work quickly and carefully in taking out the guns and their other array of defenses.

“Thanks to our friend Alex, we now have a complete schematic and layout of their weapons. So he will lead Team B into the compound in order to completely disable their systems. It wont last forever, so Teams C, D, and E; you must work even faster to get inside and disperse to your assignments. Team C: you must go deactivate the prison’s system in order for Team D to go in and let Faylene, Angus and Brian loose. Brian will then meet up with Team E to retrieve Anastasia.

‘Team F will be led by me to get Sidney. We must enter from the Dark Side of the Moon and again… move fast. Glenn has done the math on this and we should be able to make it through the defense shields just as they seal back up. If we don’t, then we must go to the surface and tunnel in through the ground. That is why Vinny and Barker have equipped us with a Laser Drill and a few more weapons in case the Wolves attack.

“Does everyone understand their job?” Kay said, felling as if she had to catch her breath.
“YES!!!!” the New Resistance called out.

“I couldn’t hear you there. DO YOU… UNDERSTAND?!?!?” she shouted even louder.

“YES!!!!”came the reply.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:47 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 11
The boy looked up at the warehouse with curiosity burning in his green eyes. Up in the air, countless crafts flew upward and out of Earth’s atmosphere. Luckily for the boy, the front door was slightly ajar. Without hesitation, he went through the door and shut them tight. Above him, the last of the C.Pods flew through the closing roof hatch.

Romanis sat up in his hospital bed and the sterile smell of the sick bay hit his head like a rock. Immediately, the nurse and doctor who were waiting outside for him to wake rushed into the room and started to ask him questions about what had happened to him.

“Get out,” he said in a small voice.

“Sir?” the doctor asked.

“GET OUT NOW!” he shouted.

The nurse and doctor staggered backwards and ran from the room.

‘So you’re awake my son?’ the voice said.

“Whose voice was that earlier?” Romanis asked.

‘It was him,’ said the voice.

“What shall I do now, Father?” Romanis said looking around the room for his clothes.

‘The Resistance is attacking. You must stop them before they recover their friends.’

Without thinking twice, he sprung from the bed and left through the secret passage.

Alex struggled to remember the combination to the Control Room as they ran throughout the halls. It had been over a year now since he had been on the Moon and his memory was somewhat rusty. When they reached the door, the numbers suddenly came to him, and they were soon in the small, dark room.

“Okay, the shields are down,” Grey said into the communicator.

Outside, the rest of the C.Pods moved in while one lone pod flew off to the other side of the compound. Just as Glenn predicted, they made it in just before the shield closed back up. The guns on this side weren’t fully deactivated so they let out a shot in short bursts making them easy to dodge.

Inside the building, the rest of the teams were on the move to get to their assigned missions. In no time, Team C had the prison systems down and soon afterward, Anna, Brian, Angus and Faye were on their ways to the C.Pods. Meanwhile, Kay was working on the locks on Sid’s room as her team surveyed the area. As soon as the door was open, Kay rushed inside to greet her husband.

“Let’s save the reunion for later. Romanis is right next door,” he said.

“Hello there, AC/DC,” a cold voice said from behind them, “Having fun are we?”

Kay immediately knew who it was, but she put on the innocent routine as she freed Sidney.

“DA?” she said, still working the lock that bound his hand.

“Don’t **** with me *****,” said the Wolf at the door.

“I never did anything to you on a personal level,” she explained, “If you can’t handle another person’s point of view then so be it but you didn’t have to rat out half of KMC and run out on John to join Romanis.”

“Shut up!” DA shouted, “I’m sick of your ****ing mind games.”

“You know you really did hurt John,” Kay continued anyway, “You have no idea how long it took us to get him out of the little hidey hole he made for himself in his room.”

DA fired off a round that just missed her left ear.

“I don’t miss twice,” she warned.

“Shame you have to miss once,” Kay countered.

“You broke me,” she whispered, pearly white tears started to roll down her cheeks, “How would you feel if I said your husband has a fat ass?!”
“Well… he does actually, but it’s a major turn on,” Kay smiled.

Just then, John ran into the room. He looked from DA to Kay and Sid, then back again.

“DA?” he asked, “What the hell-?”

“Don’t play coy,” she said in a steely cold voice, “You sided with them after they insulted you. After I tried to defend you.”

“Babe, I let that drop,” he explained, “We had an agreement that it was over.”

“Really it was over before it even died. But alas, you had to bring it back to life like some… little kid obsessed with bringing his dead dog back to life,” Kay said.

DA turned and fired a shot at them but Sid and Kay were already at the door with John.

“And now fair wolfy-maiden, we bid you adieu,” Sid said before they ran off.

Halfway down the next corridor, RJ stopped them.

“We have to go back for her,” he shouted, trying to turn around but the two vampires held him in place and continued forward.

“Look, John…RJ, she isn’t the same woman who you were engaged to before,” Kay said.

“She’s turned against us, the person you knew before died when she left you,” Sid said, “You have no idea what they do to people here.”

“But-,” before RJ could finish, they reached the C.Pods.

Romanis watched the screen before him in as much disgust as his being would allow. Meanwhile, the voice of his Father crooned, attempting to soothe him.

“Bring me W-hIr-665, the subject known as DA,” Romanis said, “Bound.”

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:47 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 12
The original Resistance members sat close to each other at their new round table, to make it easier to hear the 42 members of the Resistance. Next door, the boy sat on a bed as the meeting proceeded.

“Okay, okay, okay!!!! Everyone please!!!! Can we start the meeting?” Anastasia called out to attempt to quiet the loud, cacophony of noises.

“First order of business,” Sidney stood up in order to address the members, “The child. What does everyone think about him?”

“He might be one of Romanis’ droogs,” Tim spoke up.

“Well he doesn’t exactly fit the bill,” Riley said.

“And what ‘bill’ is that?” John asked.

“Well let’s see here-uh… a werewolf?” she pointed out.

“True,” Kosta said, “But that doesn’t automatically dismiss the fact that he could be with Romanis.”

“Here’s an idea guys,” Kay said, “How about we ask him? Sit him right in the middle of the table and judge him.”

A few minutes later, he was sitting in the center of the table. His dark skin shone strangely in the lights that were set into the room’s ceiling. The young boy’s eyes moved about the room, taking in all the people around him.

“Who are you?” Anastasia asked.

His focus snapped to her face, “I am the son; I have come from my place of rest to stop He who destroys this world.”

Everyone murmured to each other when he said this.

“Whose son are you?” Kyrie asked in a gentle voice.

The boy merely lifted his eyes towards the heavens. The member’s whispering and murmuring grew louder.

“That’ll be all,” Angus said, signaling for his sons to take the boy back to his room.

“I think we should hold off on the rest of this meeting until we decide a fate for the boy,” Michelle said.

“All in favor?” Brian said.

Most of the members raised their hands.

“All opposed?” he said.

Only the few that were left raised their hands.

“Okay, after dinner, we’ll meet back here and continue the long overdue explanation,” Sidney said.

“He can’t mean what I think he means can he?” Faye said when the original members reached an old interrogation room.

“I think he does,” Angus said sadly.

“If the son of the Christian God has returned, then it really means that Romanis is…,” Sid drifted off.

“This only means we have an even bigger motive to get our plan into action and destroy the President,” Kay said, taking her husbands hand.

They all met each others eyes and nodded.

“With this New Resistance, we’ll be able to right all the wrongs from the past 400 years,” Brian said.

“Maybe even…,” Anna pondered.

“I don’t think they’d go that far, sis,” Faye said, reading her twins mind.

“A chick can dream,” she said as they left one by one.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:48 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 13
Romanis walked slowly through his mansion in Paris, slightly dazed still from the ride back from the Moon. The voice of his father hadn’t quieted since he woke up in the sick bay; he was plotting, thinking, and ordering around the followers of Satan.

“We have to find them as soon as possible,” he repeated for the thousandth time, “Send out as many trackers and Wolves you can spare, have every scientist and communications expert on full alert. Once we find them, we need to quarantine them, I know you want to kill them as soon as they’re in captivity, but we must make an example of them….”

Romanis let him go on with his ramblings once he reached his room. There, he walked to the large bed in the center of the room. But when he passed the full length mirror that adorned one wall, he stopped immediately and stared at his reflection.

To his amazement, a line had formed on his brow. One single line now marked the perfect complexion that his eternal youth had granted him. For most people, this wouldn’t be a big deal, but for Marko Romanis, it was catastrophic; it meant that he was aging after being frozen in time for 10,000 years.

“Father, what could this mean?” he asked in a small voice.

“Our time is nigh,” said the King of Hell from very close by.

“Where are you?”

“Here,” a voice said from a chair next to him.

I the chair sat a small girl, her skin milky-white, hair a brilliant onyx, the only indication that she was not of this world was her eyes. They looked at the President with an authority that surpassed anything Romanis could muster; the dark red hue of the irises shone with an eerie light that seemed to come from within her very being.

“Father?” he asked slightly uncertain.

“Yes,” said the child, “It seems my powers were a little mixed up in the portal to here, putting me in this form,” the little girl that was Satan himself stood and stared at Romanis with a calculating look deep within those red eyes, “We must act fast if we’re going to have our plan come to fruition.”

“What do we need to do?” he asked.

Satan walked away from Romanis towards the fireplace, there He/She stared into the flames that danced in the small vicinity.

“We still need to find the Resistance,” He/She said finally after a few minutes.

“And of my aging?”

“Since you are immortal, it’s nothing we should really be concerned about,” said the small figure, “Perhaps you’re merely stressed from the recent events that have befallen us.”

Now his head was reeling from the language his Father used.

“I need to lie down,” he said, he walked slowly over to his grand bed.

“Do not worry my Son,” Satan said sitting beside Romanis on the bed, “When you wake up, we’ll sort through this mess.”

“Okay then! We decided that the kid can stay,” Sidney said when the Resistance settled back into their seats after a nice meal.

“Turns out… he’s the Son of God,” Angus said.

The room erupted into a cacophony of noises and shouts.

“People! People! I know it’s a lot to take in, but it’s true. There was a prophecy thousands of years ago that one day he’d return and this kid is it,” Faye said.

The voices quieted down for the moment as the Original members brought up the Computer in the middle of the round table to finish their meeting from before.

“Now then,” Kay began, she typed in a few commands and the gas screen switched to a plain white view, “Many of you have heard the rumors that KMC was really a recruiting site. Well it’s true.”

“But I thought recruitment sites had a special code hidden in them,” Sol said.

“It does,” Anna said, “look….”

Kyrie typed on the keyboard:
Killermovies.com/forums

“Now if you spell out the ‘.’,” she said.

Killermoviesdotcom/forums

“You can get this from the name.”

Kill_ _ mov_esdo_ _om/fo_ _ms
e r i t c r u
recruit

A single sound of epiphany resonated from every person in the room.

“There were many people from Romanis’ security who roamed the internet and came across this site, but they could never really prove that it was,” Kay said.

“And that’s because the site was built up on a special spell that hid what we were really talking about from his droogs,” Brian said.

“But there were flaws in the system that allowed some of them to slip through and create accounts. We saw them as the spammers that were deleted on the first day or within the first week or their membership,” Angus explained.

“They didn’t see who we were or what we were talking about but we think they were trying to get us to do something to reveal ourselves to them,” Sid said, “Lucky for us, we’re smarter than that and they were banned on the spot.”

A small chuckle erupted from the members.

“Only two of Romanis’ actually were accepted into our community. One was DA who didn’t turn until Kay here messed with her,” Anna said.

“Not my fault, she was already scarred.”

“The other was Peach, who suspected something from us from the very beginning but worked her way into our system by making herself a Mod and befriending a lot of us,” Anna continued.

“Except me,” Kay pondered, “she hated me from the very beginning for some reason. But then again, the only people who like me are here in this room… I think.”

The meeting continued with reports of what they needed and what their next move was going to be. It was only a matter of time before Romanis was finally taken out.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:48 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 14

Satan burst through the doors of the Weapons and Surveillance Center with Romanis on his heals. He/She looked around the room at the monitors and the weapons the scientists were working on. Romanis watched with a wary eye as his father walked around the room and surveyed they people as they worked. Then Satan walked over to the gigantic throne-like chair on one side of the room and sat in it as though he/she was taking over things.

‘I basically am,’ he thought with glee, ‘I knew my insolent son could never take on the task of ruling a world. He’s already ****ed it up and he isn’t even millennia old yet.’

The humans around in looked in confusion as a child sat in their ruler’s throne and looked ready to give orders. For a full minute, no one moved, they just all stared at their ruler with the expectation to throw the child before them out of the room and on to be executed. But that wasn’t going to happen.

“Well,” Satan’s voice said through the small girl in the huge chair, “Get back to work!”

Romanis walked slowly over to his Father and collapsed on the small steps leading up to his throne. Satan looked down at his weary son and made a face of utter disgust.

“Go back to the sick bay, son,” he/she said, “We don’t need you getting sick all over this delicate equipment.”

When he didn’t move, two guards came over to help their Lord.

“Leave him!” Satan said, “He must learn to walk on his own!”

Mumbling apologies, they retreated back to their work.

“Glenn, what does this look like to you?” Alex asked.

“It’s just a bit of spilled sealant,” Scythe said after only taking a quick glance at the spot Alex indicated.

“I thought so, too at first, but look what happens when I run the detector over it,” he said.

As he ran the thin metal rod over the blob of clear goop, it quivered slightly, as if alive.

“Oh shi-,” Glenn said a second before snatching up his communicator.

“All members of the Resistance report to the meeting hall immediately,” Scythe’s voice rang loud and clear through the passageways of the facility, “Kay! We have a Code Orange.”

Half an hour later, they were jam packed into the meeting room, in the center of the round table a small blob of what looked like gel was displayed on the HoloScreen. Anna, Faye, Kay, Brian, Angus and Sidney were all gathered along with Glenn and Alex in a far corner of the room. After some time, they finally broke their huddle and walked over to the table.

“Alright,” Anastasia said, rage was very much apparent in her angelic voice, “Whoever is responsible for this… come forth now or we will have to forced to take drastic measures.”

A cacophony of noises met their ears after she had finished her sentence.

“What do you mean?” Riley asked.
“What the **** is that thing?” Mike shouted from the other side of the table.

“Do we have a traitor or something?” Bruce asked.

“YES!” Kay said climbing up onto the table, “We have a traitor amongst us! And he or she had better step forward before we have to do individual interviews. And don’t think it’ll take a long time no…. It’ll go quickly I guarantee it. But this place will be on lock-down until the traitor is brought to justice!”

“Hey, where’s Slay?” Grey asked.

Everyone with the ability to do so listened to the sounds above and around them in order to find Slay. The sound that reached them was the sound of a truck’s engine warming up in the frigid climate of the storage room. Without a second thought, Kay was gone in a flash.

Ten stories above the meeting room, Slay sat in a truck filled up with enough supplies to get him to Paris in good time. But that didn’t mean immediately taking off without having to warm up the truck’s engine.

‘**** me,’ he said as another round of shivers rattled his teeth, ‘What is this? The 22nd Century.’

He hit a button and a hot blast of air smacked him in his face.

“Finally,” slay said, putting the truck into gear.

“Going somewhere?” Kay asked from the seat beside him.

“Oh shi-,” Slay said before the door beside him was ripped off and he was dragged out onto the cold hard floor.

“So then,” Sid’s voice said from somewhere on top of the truck cabin, “Did you really think we’d let you get away?”

“No but you’re stupid enough to fall for my act,” he smiled through blood that had appeared suddenly along with a pain in his jaw.

“Really? So all the, ‘I’m sorry. I never meant what I said to you online. All those insults were just a joke.’ That was all bullshit?” Kyrie asked, her eyes danced in a fiery rage.

“You really are daft aren’t you?” he asked.

“No just pissed,” she said before ripping his throat out.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:49 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
Ch. 15
“No, stop it. Go away!” Romanis shouted.

Although his father was in the Earth realm now, the voices hadn’t subsided, they only grew in number. They whispered to him at all hours, telling him to do or say things, in his dreams he dreamt they were real people who had died at his hand many years ago. They accused him of their deaths and the death of so many others. Old… young… Magick… mortal… rich… poor…. They all came… their voices grew louder and louder until it drowned out the sounds of his concerned staff. They had seen their leader like this once before, when he first took power over the UESC, but then he only would answer an unspoken question or comment. It drove him mad… but not like this… this was something else.

“You’re all scum of the Earth! Unfit to walk amongst us! I did us all a favor by killing you,” he bellowed.

The pain… make it stop… so much pain….

It’s so cold… please… help us….

Some of the voices were in languages he didn’t understand even though he knew all of Earth’s languages. They sounded like a mix of all the languages while others were in some ancient dialect that belonged to the original Magick’s. A language created by the Elders and Gods long ago to convey their power. Romanis let out a long and painful moan as the voices finally subsided for a while.

“Sir, is everything okay?” the voices of his guards called out.

“Tell then you’re alright and to go back to their duties,” Lucifer whispered into his ear.

But Romanis simply lay their face down on the Oriental rug that adorned his private chambers. The young child that was Lucifer wrinkled his nose in disgust at the pathetic heap he called his son on the floor.

“Everything’s fine! Go back to your duties!” he called out in Romanis’ voice.

“But sir…,” one of the guards protested.

“NOW!” he bellowed in an otherworldly voice.

“Father why aren’t they going away?” the real Romanis groaned.

“They will in time, once you eliminate the rest of their kind,” Lucifer promised.

Of course his promise was a complete lie but he needed the sniveling creature of his son in order to complete his plan. For now he let Romanis lay on the floor as the voices became quieter and quieter for the time being. Once they became nothing but a low wine in the back of his head, Romanis finally picked himself up and sat in one of the chairs. Lucifer slowly walked over to the adjacent chair and climbed onto the centaur leather all while keeping a careful eye on his son.

“They’re getting stronger, the Resistance. We must crush them as soon as possible,” Romanis said from behind his hands.

“I agree, that is why I sent a mole,” Lucifer replied.

“A mole? Where?” the President asked.

“To the Resistance. He was able to win over some of their members and infiltrate his way into their ranks. I just sent a party to retrieve them,” he said with a nonchalant wave of his fragile hand.

“Then let’s go, I want to be there to kill them all myself,” Romanis snarled.

“No, they’re being brought back here so we can squeeze as much information from them as possible. Remember, they aren’t the only group of Magicks bent on our destruction,” Lucifer waggled a delicate ivory finger.

After a second to think things over, Romanis gave a small nod and he retreated to his bed where his wife Dalia Ibelhauptaite, known in scripture as the Whore of Babylon, lay. With a sigh, Romanis joined her and drifted into a sleep filled with nightmares about the Resistance overthrowing him and retaking the world.

“What do you think we should call him?” Piggle asked as she and a few others set up for dinner.

“Who?” Riley asked carrying a pot of fish stew over to the table.

“The boy. You know… the Jesus kid,” she whispered.

“Oh… I dunno,” she replied.

“Jack… they called me… Jack,” the boy suddenly appeared carrying a stack of napkins and silverware.

“Where at, hun?” Piggle asked.

“On my way here… I didn’t really have a name… so the people I traveled with… nicknamed me… Jack,” he said with deliberateness.
“Why do you speak slowly like that?” John asked.

“I was at the bottom of the… Mediterranean… for 200 years… I’m still getting used to… breathing real… air,” he answered.

“Wow,” Riley muttered as she set the pot of stew on the table.

As they watched him go on his way, the members of the Resistance held a new respect for the child they knew as Jack, but was really the key to their victory.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:50 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 16
“Members of the Resistance! Please gather in the dining hall,” Anna’s voice announced over the sound system.

The 41 members of the Resistance dropped whatever they were doing a filed into the dining hall, sitting in their respective seats. The hall was done up in lavish decorations and along the four walls was an endless buffet made of the last of their food reserves. Like every other table they gathered at, the dining hall table was round, designed after the table King Arthur used to hold his meetings. No one sat at the head of the table, for there was no end, this made everyone equal to one another and kept conflicts at a minimum. At the center of the table where the HoloScreens usually were stood the Original Six members of the Resistance, waiting for them to settle down.

At long last the hall quieted and the Original Six began their speech.

“Well… we did it… we’re finally ready for the final battle,” Kay began, “When I began recruiting you guys, I admit that I had doubts. But now… the only doubt I have is how much is gonna be left over from tonight.”

Once the chuckles subsided, Sidney took over.

“I know I speak for the rest of us Originals when I say that we can’t thank you enough for springing us from Romanis’ jail,” he said, “It’s bitter sweet that we have to leave this place, and never being able to return… but at least it’ll be for a good cause.”

“**** it all and let’s eat!” Mairuzu called from across the table.

Many people rolled their eyes but once the word was given, they all leapt from their chairs and bombarded the table. And in a matter of minutes, everyone was chatting away and shoving MG’s food down their gullets. With a flick of the wrist and a snap of the fingers, Sol produced the dessert which consisted of three fountains of melted chocolate and rows of cakes and other little treats. Once everything was eaten and the place cleaned spotless, they dragged their bloated stomachs off to sleep off the last hardy meal they’d probably have in a long while.

“Now then son… are we feeling a bit better?” Satan asked of his son.

“Yes, Father,” Romanis’ multi-tonal voice replied from within the flames.

Romanis was sitting calmly inside a Coffin of Fire, this reverted him back to his original form, the daemon Mammon. Inside the Coffin he was able to bend a stretch his form and unfurl the red, leathery wings that protruded from his back and licked the sides of the walls. His seven heads stretched to the ceiling of the room with the horns and crowns scoring marks in the plaster and gouging holes here and there. When Romanis opened his blood red eyes, he saw everything as it should be. A world filled with violence, pain and suffering.

“Good,” the growl came, “Open your mind and look for them.”

“I see them. They are in the Antarctic,” he replied, “In an old prison.”

“Good, good, now crush them!” Satan shouted, revealing his true voice from within the child’s body.

“They have too many defenses,” he growled with distaste.

“Find a way in!” Satan ordered.

“I can’t!” he protested, “There is no way in. the Original Resistance members are too strong!”

“Impossible! You’re just too weak,” the child’s body contorted into something inhuman.

“No I’m not! They’re too strong for me!” he complained.

Then an explosion rocked the foundation of the building sending dust and debris throughout the halls. The Coffin of Fire shattered and Mammon disappeared to be replaced by the crumpled form of Romanis. When he stood, his eyes were coal black and filled with their own fire from the depths of Hell.

“I know where they are,” he announced as he strode across the room to the door, “Assemble the troops! I want every soldier in their vehicle in two hours!”

Satan stayed behind with a look of pure disgust on his face at the weakness his own son just displayed. Then with a huff, he replaced the sweet and innocent look of the girl he was impersonating back on his face and followed Romanis.

‘Something drastic must be done,’ the Lord of Hell thought to himself, ‘I must summon another daemon. Perhaps the Whore? Yes… she could be his wife…. And we could be a happy family on top of the world.’

“You summoned me my Lord?” a growl said from the shadows.

“Right yourself, woman,” he ordered, “You are to pose as the wife of my son. I am the daughter. And remember, we are a happy family living our lives in royalty.”

“Yes, my Lord,” the voice said.

In a matter of minutes, the Whore of Babylon stood before Satan in the form of a woman with long, ink black hair and yellow-green eyes. A few more seconds later and the memory of her existence was planted into everyone’s mind.

“Come now, darling,” the Whore smiled, “Let us join your father in the battle room.”

“Yes, mother,” the child’s voice said from behind the malicious smile she wore.

In a matter of hours, the trucks, Transport Pods and Aerial Vehicles were jam packed with everything the members of the Resistance could carry and then some. Because they weren’t returning to the underground, Antarctic prison they had called home for so long, they needed to erase any and all traces of their stay there.

“Kay, we’ve got some problems,” Grey placed a hand on the window of the Semi the Crosby family was traveling in.

“What is it?” she asked looking up from the monitor of her GPS.

“Our cover’s been blown,” he said, a slight panicked look was apparent in his eyes as well as the eyes of many other members.

“That’s kinda good isn’t it? We want them to know where we’ve been staying and all that jazz to throw them off the trail?” she inquired in a confused tone.

“Not on this scale, no. They’re on their way as we speak, and by the looks of things, they brought the entire Romanis Army with them,” he said.

Kyrie let a heavy sigh escape her lips, “Okay, get back to your Pod. You’re team is out first, tell them to go now.”

With a frantic nod of the head, Grey jogged off to the lead Transport Pod and gave the word to the other pilots that they were to leave immediately. Meanwhile, Kay hopped down from her seat and ran to the lead Aerial Vehicle.

“Mike, we need to move faster than we thought,” she said, “Grey says they’re coming with bigger and better guns than we thought. So as soon as the Pods take off, y’ns guys take top the skies. Don’t engage with Romanis unless absolutely necessary.”

“Got it,” the diminutive Welsh nodded, “Oi! Listen up! As soon as the Pea Pods take off, we go! Only shoot at Romanis’ people if necessary and no sooner!”

“See you, Mike,” she smiled at him and ran back to her truck.

“Anna and Faye are ready to go,” Sidney jumped into the drivers seat and took the wheel just as the pods rolled out through the now opened doors.

“Is Jack secure?” she asked as she put on her seat belt.

“As safe as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ could ever be,” he replied with a grim look in his warm, brown eyes.

“Hey, Sid,” she took his hand as he reached for the ignition, “It’ll be alright, we’ll get through this.”

“I know…,” he said, he looked like he wanted to say more but the screaming of the A.V.’s cut him off.

With a mighty roar, the three Semis started up and were out the front gate just as an insistent beeping from the onboard computer alerted everyone to the close proximity of Romanis. The A.V.s had long since disappeared into the cloud cover but up ahead the Pods were still somewhat visible in the bright light reflecting off the snow and ice. Above them flew Stealth Vehicles and on the ground far off in the distance was a troop of tanks and modified HumVs.

“Do they really think they can sneak up on us with those S.V.s?” Anastasia’s voice asked over the radio.

“Who knows, I’ve always said the Russians were crazy,” Kay replied with a smile twitching at the corners of her mouth.

Just as the leading tank began firing on the Pods they disappeared under the ice having activated the Heat Drills and dropped the twenty feet through the ice in a single burst of heat to evade capture. Now that the only visible targets were the gigantic Semi trucks about four miles ahead, the attack turned into a game of chicken between the Semis and the HumV that lead Romanis’ ground attack.

“On the count of three we activate the shields and blast through,” Sidney said into the radio.

“Roger,” Brian replied.

“Gotcha,” Angus said.

The two groups came closer and closer to each other, threatening contact within minutes.
“One….”

The two Semis carrying the Youngs and the Johnsons sped up to become neck in neck with the Crosby Semi….

“Two….”

The ground troops formed a straight line so they could surround the Semis once the impact took place….

“THREE!!!”

All at once a shining lavender nexus enveloped the Semis. Some of the HumVs and tanks tried to swerve out of the way but it was too late. Above them, the S.V.s broke formation to avoid the debris. The impact was tremendous, it jarred the very teeth in every Vampires mouth to the point of pain. If any of the Vampires in the Semis had heartbeats, they would have skipped two full beats before jumping back into action at a hummingbirds pace. This being the sensation felt by the Vampires, the humans in the three HumVs and three tanks were literally liquefied. The remaining ground troops sped off into the distance towards the former headquarters of the Resistance.

“That was just the appetizer, boys… please enjoy the main course,” Anna said in a very 21st century Hollywood style before pressing the Detonator.

Behind them, the former underground jail exploded with a force big enough to send the remaining ground troops sailing through the air end over end. Finally, with whoops and cheers of success, the Resistance sped off into the bright Antarctic sun to continue their mission.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:51 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 17
“…. And further more, this treaty with the last nation to stand alone as a free nation on Earth will further strengthen our unity as one complete planet. I hereby authorize the signing of the Peace Treaty between the UESC with Israel,” Romanis said proudly during the press conference, “President David?”

A tall Israeli man walked on stage and took the pen offered by Romanis and, with a flourish, signed his name at the bottom of the Peace Treaty. When Romanis and President David shook hands and smiled for the camera flashes the crowd erupted in a round of applause and cheers except for a small group of people near the center of the audience. They stood and watched with rage as one more piece fell into place that proved that the Apocalypse was soon going to be upon them. Thousands of miles away, driving through the Canadian wasteland, three semis listened to the broadcast of the signing as they made their way across a once great nation.

In the drivers seat of the middle semi sat a sullen eyes Sidney who wasn’t even really listening to the broadcast. His solemn brown eyes wandered across the scenery of his former home as his Vampire senses did all the driving. Beside him riding shotgun was his wife, Kay, who stared in wonder at what had happened to her husbands native land.

“Oh, Sidney,” she said in a low voice, “I’m so sorry.”

Sid left one hand on the wheel and reached over to take Kay’s hand as the broadcast concluded. Meanwhile, Israel, the small group of people led by a diminutive Welsh kid, stalked through the crowd to leave the horror scene.

“You listening to this bullshit?” Walshy asked in a hushed voice, directing the question to a small com-link hidden on the collar of his jacket.

“Yeah, Mike,” Anna replied, “We heard.”

“How’s Jack doing?” Piggle asked in a worried tone.

“Fast asleep,” Angus said trying to sound cheerful despite the horrifying situation they were all in, “And he’ll stay that way until we relocate and reunite.”

“Let’s all hope it happens sooner than later,” Mike replied.

“See you later Welsh kid,” Brian said before cutting off the transmission.

In the back of the lead semi-truck, Jack lay in a cryogenic state, his body swathed in a cool, green liquid that kept his body in a frozen state and his mind in a dream-like trance. But as soon as President David pressed the pen to paper and sealed the deal to the Treaty, a stab of pain shot through the Son of God’s heart that made him stir….

It was a normal day, a perfect day really. The clouds covering the Earth had pulled back over the lands to reveal the bright blue sky and great, golden disk that was the sun as it made it’s trip around. On the other side of the world where the moon shone brightly like a silver dollar on the ink back sky, a full moon with a million stars giving their eternal light to the world. Then… a million points of light shone from the center of the chests of millions of people as they lay in bed or walked the streets. In a great and blinding light… they disappeared.

Cars crashed and aircrafts spun out of control as they tumbled from the sky. Up in the sky, a school of silver souls swam through the white clouds and through the Pearly Gates. There they all grew wings and halos appeared on their heads like a golden crown. A multitude of cries rang out through the newly formed souls as they suddenly found themselves floating in the sky before the on entity they sought after for their troubles and looked to for guidance… God.

Behind the one, mighty God stood the other entities that had spent their eternal lives looking over their combined creations. Buddha and Shiva shook their heads at the event beginning to unfold on the Earth’s surface as Romanis’ men began raiding people’s home and businesses. The Greek/Roman Gods said their final farewells and bid their luck to God and left their final gifts to their children, the demigods, and the members of the Resistance.

“If this plan goes right,” God said in his divine form to Zeus and Apollo, “My son shall prevail alongside your daughter Apollo.”

“Yes,” Zeus agreed, “And hopefully, with the help of the remaining demigods, the numbers of the Resistance will increase and their strength increased tenfold.”

“I’d write a haiku or limerick right about now, but my nerves are too shot to bring the words to my lips,” Apollo said solemnly.

In his divine form, Apollo leaned forward off of Mount Olympus and whispered into Kay’s ear through the wind, “Take care, my daughter.”

Then, along with the other gods and deities, Apollo disappeared into the vast expanse of space to await the death of Marko Romanis. But Satan had another thing in mind when he opened a great fissure directly in front of the Crosby’s semi-truck and, sending them careening off the road and rolling through the trees. Their cries could be heard over the com-link embedded behind Resistance members’s ear. Luckily, one of the Crosby’s hit the shield and a shining nexus erupted around them to protect their bodies and the cargo they carried. Finally, after rolling for nearly a mile down a steep hill, the semi came to a crashing halt as they hit a tree that sprang up out of no where.

“Is everyone alright?!” Sid called out.

“I think so,” Kay replied ion a strained voice.

“It hurts,” groaned Sebastion.

“Your foot’s in my stomach, Elly!” Kara cried out.

“Well your nails are digging into my neck!” Kiriel retorted.

“Kids stop fighting!” Kyrie shouted from her vantage point as her lower half stuck out the windshield and her torso was wrapped mummy-like in the seatbelt.

“Kay, are you okay?” Sidney said once he had righted himself.

“Never better, dear,” she grimaced, “Except for the fact that I’ve got a two ton semi truck crushing my legs, I’m peachy keen.”

“Kids try and climb out of the top, wherever that may be, and help me get this off of your mother,” Sid ordered.

“What the **** just happened?!” Faylene’s voice crackled over the crushed radio that was now hanging by a single wire from the console.

“Something made the ground open up in front of us and we went rolling down the hill,” Kay replied as calmly as she could manage.

“We’re coming back to help,” Anna said as the sound of screeching tires on the asphalt was apparent in the background.

“No! Go on without us,” Sid shouted, “We’ll take care of ourselves, just take care of Jack.”

“Y-you sure?” Angus asked in an unsure voice.

“Very, Ang. Now go on and get the hell out of here before we attract any attention,” Kyrie tried to sound positive, “You never know what the Hades Romanis has prowling the skies or ground.”

“When will we see you again?” Brian asked.

“Whenever the Gods allow it,” Sid replied.

“In other words you have no clue,” he said in a worried tone.

“Just go before I come up there and flip y’ns guys myself!” Kay shouted.

“Bye, I guess,” Faye said, tears apparent in her voice.

“We’ll find each other soon, I promise,” Kay soothed.

And with that that final wire connecting the Crosby’s radio to the transmitter snapped as they rolled the truck off of Kay. The two remaining semis drove off into the distance until they grew out of range of each other, the Johnson’s planning their route to get to an old estate Anna and Faye’s parents had set up many millennia ago but was, hopefully, still protected by the multitude of spells and enchantments that kept marauders from raiding the place and kept times harmful effects from destroying it. The Young’s drove out west to follow the last known path of the Transport Pods to find Gray and his team then they would follow the still alive GPS signal of the Aerial Vehicles to find Mike. When their belongings were safely on their backs and the remains of the truck completely destroyed, the Crosby’s set off through the woods to find the nearest town, occupied or not….

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:51 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

okay doods and doodettes. ive been writting a story i simply call Vampires about two rival underground organizations
im on like chapter 16[but havent really had that.....idk spark? lately so im stuck]
but its readable at here
and im taking a creative writing class at my library where my teacher is a pretty cool dood just out of college

laters!happy

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 01:08 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

well i know its been months and months since i posted anything, and im sorry
but ive started some new projects which you can find at: http://www.webook.com/member.aspx?pn=Kiriel_Shutan

and i shall post a new story i just began today, so enjoy!!!

Prologue
She looked into his beautifully dark brown eyes with fear in her own. A smile picked up one side of his mouth and revealed one razor sharp fang glistening with venom. A low chuckle rose in his throat that was almost a growl before opening his mouth and lowering it onto her neck. She felt the fangs pierce her skin and the incredible rush that came afterwards. Although somewhere deep in her mind, the smart part of her was screaming “This is a ****ing vampire! He’s going to kill you!” the stupid part of her brain was currently in control and saying “But this is the best I’ve felt in months.”

She felt him pull the blood from her veins and a shiver ran through her spine until he pressed a hand against it to quiet the tremors. After a while, she began to feel dizzier and dizzier until she finally collapsed against him and he let her fall onto the cold concrete. It was hours later that they finally found her, barely breathing and the weakest pulse imaginable. The only thing that kept her alive was the vampire’s venom now coursing through her veins in place of blood. They took her to the hospital and infused her with blood as well as healed the puncture wounds on her neck as best as possible.

When she finally awoke days later from the coma, her eyes burned liquid silver and her mouth now sported a set of fangs. When the nurse came in, she bolted as soon as she saw those eyes and fangs. That’s when she knew she had to leave and live in the shadows. No one could ever know about her liquid silver eyes or the razor sharp fangs in her mouth. And above all, she had to find the man who did this to her. Who stole her life and replaced it with a cursed one. When she did find him, he would pay.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 12:25 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 1- Introductions are in Order
That’s how I was born. In the back alley behind a liquor store in the slums. I barely remember the man who did it beyond those eyes and the fangs. They’ve haunted me for years, those eyes. By the way, my name is Enya. That’s it. Just Enya. I dropped my last name years ago because it kept me tied down to my human self and to that final night as a human. Plus it’s a hell of a whole lot easier to keep your first name and drop the rest then make it all up when you’re traveling across the world.
I didn’t know his name but I knew those eyes. No other vampire I’ve met, and I’ve met a lot, has those same eyes. Speaking of eyes. I remembered to slide my sunglasses on over my own to hide their silver color. No matter where you went, people with silver eyes were always pegged as otherworldly… or on drugs. Yes, in the year 2056, drugs can change the color of a person’s eyes and more. It was one of the ways cops kept track of junkies roaming the streets. If more than a couple people sporting a different texture skin and bugging out, then the feds immediately knew a dealer was around.
I made my way down the streets of my beloved city, Pittsburgh. I always come back here after I’ve finished searching another country. There was something about the buildings that always calmed me down. No matter how far I was away from that vampire, I found solace here every time I returned. Above me, skywalks wound their way around every corner and sometimes even through the buildings surrounding me. A wind whipped up around me and I found myself pulling my black leather coat closer to my body for warmth. Although it wasn’t like I really felt the cold much anymore, I could easily ignore things as trivial as temperature changes, but it was a force of habit that was long ago drilled into my system.
As I entered the diner tucked away beside a computer store, I pulled the earbuds of my headphones from my head and stored them inside my coat pocket. The place was warm and welcoming, like the rest of the city. It always smelled like whatever the cook had on the grill, this time it was potatoes. I found a smile on my face as I sat in my usual spot, a small booth seat situated in the corner. As soon as I was settled, a waitress sauntered up to me with a knowing smile on her face. Her hair was salt and pepper in color and pulled into a tight bun as she chewed a wad of gum, cinnamon by the scent of her breath.
“Welcome home, Enya,” the waitress, her name was Sally, greeted as she began to write. “The usual I take it?”
“You know me all too well, Sal,” I said with a smile.
“How was wherever you were?” she asked before walking away.
“Spain?” I replied. “Divine. You’d never believe the sights from my window.”
“Tell me about it sometime,” she smiled and finally walked away to put the order in.
When she was gone, I looked out the window into the setting sun, the reason I chose this seat every time I came here. Oh yes, my audience, we vampires are in fact capable of walking in the daylight hours. That doesn’t mean we exactly enjoy it, but it’s very possible. The only reason we’re associated with nighttime is because we were condemned to it centuries ago, when the first of us followed the old myths that garlic was poison and crucifixes deterred us. To inform those of you who hug the bible to your person in the middle of the night and wear silver all the time. Plus to those of you who have read stories about certain sparkly vampires with the ability to read minds, not like we can’t do that either, throw everything you think you know about us out the window and listen up!
We can walk in the daylight; like I said before, it’s a tad uncomfortable cause we burn easily but, again, not impossible. Garlic doesn’t cause us to clutch our throats and collapse in pain; actually, I quite enjoy the taste of the stuff on just about every pasta dish. Holy water does squat; c’mon people, it’s water, and we’re not demons here, just unfortunate. Crucifixes do nothing; I know quite a few vampires who are men of the cloth, actually. And as for silver, well, I wouldn’t wear a ring of pure silver on my pinky finger all the time if it burned me.
I always came to the diner, which was called Diamond in the Rough, for those who wondered, around the same time of the day, when the sun was beginning its descent over the horizon. The seat I sat in every time was conveniently facing the setting sun, allowing me to keep my shades on all the time without people thinking it’s weird. Sally brought my usual drink, an unsweetened iced-tea minus the lemon, and promised my order in five minutes. A yawn escaped me as I stirred packet after packet of sugar, the real stuff, not the crappy “all-natural low-calorie sweetener”, into the giant glass they always served iced-tea in.
That’s when I spotted him across the street. It was only a split second flash from in between a semi roaring passed, but with my super vision, it was more than enough. My mouth fell open with the tip of my straw resting on my lips as I saw him. He was wearing non-descript dark clothes and kept darting his gaze up and down the street. And that gaze….
‘Those eyes,’ I realized. ‘Only one person in the world has those brown eyes.’
“Sally!” I called out to the back causing a few of the other patrons to jump suddenly.
“What’s the matter, sweetheart?” she asked looking frazzled.
“Sorry, but I just remembered something important,” I explained. “Do you think you could wrap that up?”
“Sure,” Sally said. “Regular packaging or on-the-go?”
I took one last look out the window and saw him moving into a back alley.
“Better make that on-the-go,” I replied.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:56 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 2- Possession

He moved fast, faster than any other vampire I’d met before. This could explain why I don’t remember him approaching me. Then again… a lot of details from that night have escaped me over the years. He kept looking around at the rooftops and over his shoulder as he made his way through the winding maze between the buildings. His hair was a dark brown, short, but not cut so close to his head that I could tell the shape of his noggin. Under the dark, non-descript clothes he wore, I could just make out the lines of his muscles.

If I had a heartbeat, it would have been going a mile a minute as I followed him. No, not a him, a monster, a true creature of the night, swooping down on young maidens in dark alleys to drain them of life. He fit the conformity of the old ways of vampires and the still standard idea of us by humans like a glove. I felt the venom well up in my mouth as my anger surged and my senses focused on my target.
That’s another thing about us vamps, once we’re angry or “into the hunt”, as some of us call focusing, you can’t find a way to back us down. The only way to stop and angry vampire, is to kill it. Otherwise, we could go through hell and back to find the object of our obsession and bring our world back into balance. That’s why I’ve spent 50 years on the hunt for this bastard. And when we go for help from others of our kind, they immediately help because they fully understand the nature of the hunt.

I was all fired up and ready for action so when he stopped suddenly, I nearly ran into him. He turned his head once more to look up and around. Luckily though, I was already well hidden in the shadow of a dumpster. Finally his eyes rested on a spot in front of him and he spoke.
“I knew I’d find you here,” he said.
I recoiled at the sound of his voice, nearly enough so to make me fall out of my hiding spot. For twenty years I’d imagined what he might sound like, this monster who had taken my life away and replaced it with something cursed. But in those twenty years, I’d always imagined his voice to be deep and gravely, the kind that ensnares people and forces them to listen right off the bat. And yet his real voice was much softer, not rough like sandpaper, but soft like a warm breeze enveloping you. When the second voice spoke, I jumped nearly as much as I did when he first spoke.

“Oh did you now?” a female’s voice said. “How very clever of you, Duncan.”

“Duncan,” I sounded the name out on my lip silently.

So that was the name of my obsession. Once again a surprise as I expected something more along the lines of Gabriel or something as silly as Bob. I pushed my sunglasses higher up my nose to keep my silver eyes from giving me away, they’re reflective and it doesn’t take vampire vision to be able to see the glow in a dark alley. The conversation turned boring for a while so I contemplated methods of murder. There was always the good old fashioned stab him in the back and book it, but that’s too good for him. I guess I could overtake him and slip poison down his throat or into his bloodstream.

“I think it’s time you repaid that debt, Donelle,” Duncan was saying.

“And what debt would that be?” Donelle asked.

From my vantage point, there was a small window that revealed Duncan’s face in its reflection. His eyes flashed angrily, their liquid surface turning solid and the brown color changing to black for a second. He advanced on the woman with a hidden blade concealed in his palm. I readied myself to make my move, deciding to strike once the creepy looking ***** was dead and gone.

And when I say she was a creepy *****, I mean she was a creepy *****. Her hair was long and dark but looked to be soaked in something. Her eyes were a crimson red that seemed to flow like real blood. But the weirdest thing I saw about her was her hands. Instead of regular dainty fingers most women, me included, have, her fingers ended in claws. They were curled slightly into fists momentarily, but every once in a while, they would flex, letting off some sort of emotion; anger I guessed.

The slightest twitch in her mouth revealed her true intentions to me a tad too late. She moved in faster than I could see and, with those claws of hers, she ran Duncan through, effectively ending his life before I could get there. Abandoning all hope of stealth to my anger, I leapt from the shadows just in time to catch Duncan’s falling body.

“Hey!” I called out angrily as the woman disappeared through a dark portal she’d called up.

Donelle turned her head over her shoulder, and like some kind of celebrity on the red carpet, she blew a kiss my way before the dark corridor sealed. That’s when it felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I didn’t know if it was her or just the sudden impact that my hunt was over. Or was it? Now that Duncan was dead and gone, I could eliminate that weirdo ***** from the world and save people everywhere from the nightmares I was sure to have later. With the final setting ray of light, Duncan’s body faded into ashes and floated to join the rest of our kind on the other side.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 06:41 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 3- Duncan

The trip home was a slightly disappointing one. I spent the time on the train down to Washington reliving those moments hiding. A piece of me was angry at the fact that I hid in the shadows like a coward and watched someone being murdered, while the other piece argued that he was the man who ruined my life and he deserved everything he got. I stared out the window at the night sky rolling silently passed as I chomped down on my, now cold, dinner.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention. For those of you who are wondering, no eating human food won’t kill me or make me sick. It’s actually quite sustaining. Gives us energy and makes us happy just like humans. But we do have incredibly high metabolisms, so whatever we eat burns away in a matter of an hour or so, depending on how much running around we’re doing. Meaning that by the end of the train ride, my tumbly was a grumbly.

One strange incident did go down while on the train, however. While going through a tunnel, I had my gaze locked on a small crack in the window when suddenly a face popped up in the reflection right next to me. The face only appeared for a split second but in that split second, I had already memorized the face. Thank you vampire vision. It was a man, definitely, and he had dark hair and dark eyes, eyes I immediately recognized.

“Duncan,” I whispered.

I looked around the tiny compartment to see if someone had snuck in on me or something, but I was still alone. I felt my brows furrow as I pondered what had just happened. But before I could think any further, the conductor announced our arrival in Washington and I had to make my way to the exit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now for a tour of my lovely home. It’s small, but granted it is me casa. A one bedroom one bathroom apartment not too far from the train station. The kitchen was simple with its stove, counters, sink and refrigerator and the living room was basically a library. What can I say? I love to read. It’s the best way to spend sleepless nights, which are often as sleep is optional with vamps, and great for researching possible clues in a hunt. Shelves covered every inch of the walls there and books overflowed them, some even forming neat little piles on the floor around the entertainment center and couch.

I have a pretty healthy collection of movies as well as games to counteract the bookworm in me because sometimes you just need to let your brain rest from all the black and white pages and escape your miserable existence through other means. I have a lot of old school movies, mostly from the era I was born in or older, as well as newer ones that catch my eye as they’re made. The games were mostly RPG platformers, puzzle games and a hockey game or two.

Enough about my meager existence, let’s move on with the story. Ahem… where was I? Oh, yeah! As soon as I got inside, I plopped down onto the couch, suddenly exhausted for some strange reason. I felt as though I’d been in the fight of my life and that there was a huge hole in my heart. That could’ve been explained away by the fact that my fifty year hunt was finally over, but I digress. I fumbled for the controller with my face still buried in the feathery soft, memory bead pillow. It smelled clean of dust mites and with a hint of Febreeze so I took a wild guess that the cleaner-bots had been in today some time. There, inhaling the scent of Febreeze and listening to the evening news, something quite unexpected happened.

“Wow, it’s been years since I watched human television. I guess that’s what happens when you don’t stop to smell the roses once in a while,” a man’s voice said.

“Hello?” I sat up and asked.

I looked at the TV for any clues, but to no avail. I got up, despite my protesting muscles, and searched the apartment. Nothing in the bedroom, or the closet… no one in the bathroom…. Huh.

“No use searching for me, darling. I am everywhere and nowhere,” the voice said.

“Who’s there?” I asked beginning to get annoyed.

I unleashed the hidden blade I had tucked up the sleeves of by leather coat.

The voice whistled. “Nice set of cutlery you have there,” he said. “Looks like the assassin’s design from way back in the 1400’s. All the power and mystique minus the pain of losing your ring finger.”

“Show yourself, coward!” I called out to no one.

“Over here,” he taunted.

I spun around quickly, thinking the assailant was behind me.

“Nope! You missed!” he continued to taunt me.

I let out a cry of frustration, silently grateful that the walls were soundproof, and spun around in a fury.

“Who are you? Tell me!” I cried.

“The man you have hunted for half a century,” the voice whispered into my ear.

I stopped in my tracks and felt the hidden blades retract.

“Duncan?” I asked, stunned.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 06:44 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 4- The New Hunt

“Hello, darling,” Duncan’s voice said cheerfully. “Long time no see… kinda.”

“Where the hell are you?” I asked.

“Sorry, Enya, but you can’t kill me. Seeing as I’m already dead,” he said.

“Then how can I hear you?” I inquired, still not believing what was happening.

“Well, about that,” he said hesitantly. “I’m inside you.”
“Bullshit,” I scoffed.

“Look can we take this conversation up face-to-face? It’s a bit awkward conversing this way,” he admitted.

“And how are we gonna do that? Some magical place inside my imagination?” I asked sarcastically.

“Or we could just look in the mirror,” he suggested.

The only mirror I owned was in the bathroom, so I turned on the light and beheld the horror before me. He stood there in the bathroom with me, looking solid as ever, but only in the reflection. While in the mirror, he leaned against the shower door with his arms folded, in reality, I was completely and utterly alone. I could see how penetrating his eyes were, even if he was a ghost, their intensity haunting me silently now more than ever. His jacket was gone, revealing the simple t-shirt and blue jeans he wore underneath. His body looked completely whole despite the beating he’d taken earlier.

“So then… why are you here?” I asked.

“Simple. When I died, I entered your head. Now we’re synched together until we can find my body and my soul can once again inhabit it,” he explained.

“And you know my name, how?” I asked. “Please tell me you can’t read my thoughts.”

“Afraid I can’t do that. I hear and see everything you hear and see, as well as what you think,” he said with a maniacal smile.

“Well there goes my plans to lobotomize myself in the middle of the night,” I grumbled.

“Hostility does not suit you,” Duncan scolded.

“Well that’s what happens when you spend fifty year trying to kill someone, only to have them killed before you can claim the right and then find them living inside your head!” she shouted at the reflection.

“Okay, fair enough,” he shrugged. “Now about getting my body back-“

“There will be no more discussing this until I’ve had a good night sleep. Whatever the hell is goin on here can wait until I don’t feel like I’m falling apart at the seams,” I said with finality.

My sleep was plagued by dreams of him. He was everywhere I looked, staring me down from rooftops or alleyways with those deep brown eyes of his. The only exception was that instead of simply scaring the living daylights out of me with their beauty, they also enthralled me. The look he gave me in that dreamland seemed to call out to me, enticing me to come forward, to let down my guard, and to surrender to him the way I had that night he turned me. When I awoke, I found that my clothes were off and that I was dressed in a pair of my pajamas.

“The ****?” I asked in confusion.

“It’s not good for you to sleep in your clothes,” that voice piped up from somewhere unreachable in my head. “Ruins the sheets, wrinkles the clothes, plus you’re constricted so you wake up feeling wore than you did before you went to bed.”

“I swear to the gods, if you did anything else besides just dressing me, I’ll kill you faster than you can take your first breath,” I threatened.

“Now why do you have to bring the gods into this one?” Duncan asked. “Fine, I swear by the gods that I did no harm to your exquisite body while you were out cold.”

“It’s not harm I’m worried about,” I grumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Now then,” I said sitting down at the small table that took up most of my kitchen. “This chick, what was her name? Donelle. Let’s do a bit of research on her first.”

“Research? Who taught you to research a target before going in?” Duncan asked.

“Myself, seeing as you basically left me alone,” I said. “I only learned fighting and stealth techniques from other people. Plus, researching came naturally to me cause of my intended career path as a human.”

“And that was?” he inquired, I felt him trying to pry into my secrets, but I put up a wall between him and my most guarded secrets.

“None of your business,” I scolded. “Tell me a bit about her so I can get started.”

“Do you have a Demonata book?” he asked and I felt him probe the list of books I own.

“Let me save you the trouble,” I said before reaching behind me to the counter and snatching it from beside the microwave.

“Convenient,” he remarked as I flipped through.
“What species is she?” I asked.

The Demonata is a thin book that holds the classification of each and every demon in this universe, yes you heard me right, this universe. Surprisingly, there aren’t a whole lot of types, and the book acts like a sort of mini-portal, meaning once you open the classification of demon you want, the book changes to accommodate. And what does that mean you may ask? Just hang on a second and find out, kiddies.

“L-Lucian,” Duncan said reluctantly.

“What?!” I shouted, almost flying from my chair. “You ****ed around with a Lucian?! What the hell’s the matter with you?”

“There’s a very good reason, and once you open her chapter you’ll find out why,” he explained hastily.

“There’d better be,” I growled as I flipped to the right section.

Once I opened the book to the Lucian classification, the book expanded to accommodate the large number of Lucian demons. Did you think Mammon was the only child of the Morningstar? Wrong-o. He is only one of many. And the Lucians are definitely one demon family that like to look after their own, not only do they like it, but they pride themselves in being the most close-nit families in the history of our universe. Literally, when you **** around with one of them, they descend on you like stink on a fly. Oh yes, and they were also the descendents of Lucifer himself. How fun. Well, let’s read the entry, shall we?

Demonata- Lucian Branch

Donelle- “World Leader”- The 3,652nd daughter of Lucifer. Mother was a Witch Demon who seduced Lucifer 300 years ago. She retains her mother’s appearance and some of her powers with all the charisma and will of Lucifer. Her main goal, like so many of her siblings, is to free her father from his prison under our plane of existence, Hell, by finding and releasing Samael, the rest of Lucifer where most of his power resides.

“So she’s after Samael,” I commented after reading the passage. “Great. Very informative. Does this thing know her weaknesses?”

“She doesn’t have any that are known,” Duncan chimed in.

“This just keeps getting better and better. What should I know next? Can she control time? Does she have one of the Pieces of Eden?” I asked beginning to pace around the small apartment.

“Fortunately no on both accounts,” he informed. “However, since her father is the residing demon of pride, she is able to control anyone with too much pride.”

“Wait a second… you mean pride as in one of the Seven Deadly Sins right?” I asked.

“Yeah?” he responded.

“Well, why the hell hasn’t anyone seen this before?” I inquired sharply. “Pride comes with big egos. You tear down her ego, then she goes tumbling down as well!”

“But that’s just it,” he countered, “no one knows what her ego is all about.”

“Well, that’s a simple thing to solve,” I scoffed.

“How so?”

“We trail the *****.”

Last edited by That ACDC Chick on Jan 4th, 2010 at 02:30 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 02:27 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Ch. 5- Assassin

As I packed, with a firm mental blindfold over Duncan’s peepers, a tapping noise caught my attention from the living room. I knew immediately it could only be one thing. An owl was perched silently on the tiny herb garden that adorned my window, like every other window, with an all too familiar thick envelope tied around its neck. The envelope was sealed with a single lump of golden wax with no insignia stamped on it, but through the wax was a piece of twine that extended out to wrap around the four edges. I untied the package as the owl stood regally with its head held high and I knew that the message was from the big man himself.

I slipped a couple of gold coins into the small leather pouch under one of the wings and placed a scrap of my toast between the owl’s beak, which the animal ate graciously before flying off into the night. I twisted a knob beside the window to make the windows opaque to prevent anyone from seeing inside the apartment and headed back to the bedroom. There on the bed, I pushed aside the piles of supplies and pulled out a knife to cut the twine with.

“What is that? A note from a secret admirer?” Duncan asked.

I jumped slightly at the sound of his voice.

“It’s none of your business,” I said curtly.

“Touchy subject, huh? Must be some guy,” he commented.

“Awww,” I cooed. “Do I detect a hint of jealousy?”

That finally shut him up, so I pulled the little ends of twine to crack the golden wax seal satisfyingly. From the parchment envelope I pulled four other thinner envelopes, these all sealed with different colored waxes and stamped with different insignias, along with a single page letter. The calligraphy confirmed my suspicions of this package coming from the highest seat in the order. Somehow, that didn’t make me feel any less nervous.

To whom this may concern:

Enclosed in this envelope is a summons for four new missions of the highest importance. If, for any reason, you are unable to accept these missions, burn these items in a phosphorus fire at dusk by the 16th. Otherwise, the contacts will be waiting for your meeting at the specified times once the mission letter is opened. Good luck and remember, nothing is true and everything is permitted.
D.M.

“Shee-it,” I sighed flopping against one of the pillows. “Four missions when I got important things to do. But I guess it’ll be a good way to start searching for clues. What do you think?”

“Oh, I’m allowed to speak am I?” Duncan asked.

“Did I hurt your feelings? Suck it up,” I said. “This is very important, and it pays very good money, which will be important on the road. I’m gonna accept.”

“Am I allowed to know what the flying **** is going on?” he inquired.

“You’ll see in a second,” I waved him off mentally.

I picked the evergreen wax seal first and cracked it open carefully. Once the seal was broken, a whisper escaped the envelope and flew through the cracks in the door and out the window to deliver its message. I pulled the three documents from the envelope and memorized their contents. One was a paper photo of my target sitting at a café in Paris, France; I could just make out the Eiffel Tower in the background. The second was a full page summary of the target and the final document was a scrap of paper that specified the time and place for the meeting with the contact.

“Hold it there a minute… are you an assassin?” Duncan asked after he’d processed the contents of the envelope.

“Yep,” I said simply, still reading the info on the target.
“Huh,” he said. “Never would’ve guessed.”

“Would you be quiet please? I have to burn this as soon as I’m finished reading it,” I explained sharply.

Name: Robert Jackson
Profession: Politician
Reason: Has been secretly embezzling money from the US government for years and using it to fuel his travel expenses. On these travels, he kidnaps small children and performs ludicrous acts with them before murdering them and leaving their bodies to rot in various placed in the child’s home village or town.
Danger level: 7- Has several highly paid bodyguards to protect him at all times and has implanted himself with sensors to detect anything out of the ordinary.
I set the info aside with the photo and checked the scrap of paper one last time.

Gustave’s Tower- fourteen day’s deaths

“The hell is that supposed to mean?” Duncan asked as I snatched the envelope and documents up and made my way to the kitchen.

‘Gustave Eiffel was the engineer who built Paris’s most famous structures,’ I explained silently.

“Okay, the Eiffel Tower then,” Duncan mused. “But what about fourteen day’s deaths?”

‘The day dies as midnight,’ I explained.

In the kitchen, I pulled a small, glass jar filled halfway with a greenly glowing substance. From the cupboard up above the stove, I pulled a large silver pot and placed it on the stovetop. In went the documents and smash went the glass jar of glowing substance. A split second later, a white-blue flame erupted from the pot, sending a small whisper out the window with the force, and I quickly slammed the lid down on the pot to kill the flame.

“So this whole assassin business… it’s all pretty serious, huh?” he asked once the pot was washed and put away.

“As serious as a heart attack,” I said quietly.

By the time the whispers had reached the contact and the head honcho, I was already out the door ordering a plane ticket.

Last edited by That ACDC Chick on Jan 17th, 2010 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 02:57 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

been over a month since i posted a story
i think its bout time, dont you?
Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands

Ch. 1
The boat bounced along the waves forcing Kiriel to hold on tight to her bags. The captain steered as best he could, but no matter what, each bounce nearly sent them flying overboard. Finally the dock came into view and relief flooded through Kiriel. The captain set the boat gently along the dock and tied it off before helping her out of the boat. At the end of the dock awaited an old man with a bald head and a bristly, white mustache. He carried a crooked cane in one hand and wore workers overall’s that were well worn and patched in many places. Beyond him lay one of the two main islands, Verdue Island.
“Hello,” Kiriel called out happily.
“Good morning, follow me if you will and I’ll show you to your home,” the old man said. “My name is Taro, and soon you’ll meet the rest of the leaders of Sunshine Islands.”
“Where is everyone?” she asked when they passed a small diner and she saw no one inside.
“Setting up for the New Year’s Festival on Meadow Island,” Taro replied as they crossed over a bridge linking Verdue Island to Kiriel’s ranch.
“Ah, I see,” she replied.
“Tomorrow you can go around and introduce yourself to everyone, get to know people,” he suggested.
“Okay,” she smiled as they walked up to the tiny farmhouse.
“This is it,” Taro said puffing up his chest. “It’s a bit small, but I’m sure that if you save up some Gold and lumber, you can ask Gannon to expand it for you.”
“Did someone say my name?” a gruff voice said from behind them.
“Ah, good, you’re all here,” Taro said with a satisfied look to him.
A troupe of three people walked across the bridge connecting Ranch Island to Verdue Island. They stopped in front of Kiriel and Taro and looked over the new villager. Finally, a man wearing traditional clothes walked forward and held out a hand.
“My name is Chen,” the man said with a calm smile. “I run the merchant shop along with my son, Charlie.”
The woman was next to step forward and shake Kiriel’s hand.

“I’m Mirabelle,” she smiled. “I run the animal shop right next to Chen’s. come to me of you’re looking to buy any animals to raise on your farm.”
Finally, a big burly man stepped forward and grasped Kiriel’s hand in his gigantic one.
“Name’s Gannon,” he said in a gruff voice. “I’m the Island’s builder, so come to me for upgrades to your house and when you want to build other things for your farm.”
“Well, I think that’s everyone,” Taro said. “Let’s leave the little lady alone to get settled in. just ask any one of us for help if you need it.”
They all left Kiriel alone to walk into her new home and place her things in the proper place. What she brought in her bag wasn’t much, nor was any of it valuable price-wise, but it all deserved a place in her new home. First was an old journal given to her by her father to record her thoughts and the happenings on the farm. Then there was a picture of her family, her parents and her bother and sister all lined up happily underneath a blooming cherry tree. And finally was the set of tools used by her grandfather when he owned a ranch in a small valley called Forget-Me-Not, high up in the mountains.
These she loaded in a small rucksack and headed off to begin her first job, clearing the field for the season’s crops. She spent the day chopping wood and hammering rocks to their proper shape to be stored in the storage bin next the house. There were larger boulders and stumps that she couldn’t get out just yet, she’d have to ask about Wonderfuls the next day. Finally, the weeds were pulled and placed in the shipping bin for the single gold a piece for each one. Many people in other villages used weeds from various areas of the world for medicine or even in recipes, so Kiriel helped them by pulling each one she saw and shipping it.
By the time the sun had set, she could hear the celebration all the way over on Meadow Island, helping to bring in the New Year. She knew she’d be counting down the 120 days until the next New Year, hoping to the gods she’d be welcomed warmly by the villagers. Once her fieldwork was all finished up, she wrote down her thoughts on the first day as a rancher in the old journal and laid down in her bed for a long needed sleep.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 11:40 PM