KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Coolest city in lotr

Coolest lotr city
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Helms Deep 0 0%
Minis Tirith 19 55.88%
Isengard 2 5.88%
Barad Dur 0 0%
Rivendell 3 8.82%
Edoras 2 5.88%
Minas Morgul 3 8.82%
Osgiliath 0 0%
Hobbiton and the Shire 2 5.88%
Other (please specify in post) 3 8.82%
Total: 34 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Coolest city in lotr
Started by: Lethal Rogue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Coolest city in lotr

Which city do you think is the coolest in lord of the rings?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 11:35 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Minas Tirith for sure, imo.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 06:36 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
percept
Restricted

Account Restricted

I voted for Minas Tirith .The Lord of the Rings book describes the city of Minas Tirith is being built as seven levels. It is located on the mountainous region with open grassland. I am sure that Minas Tirith is the coolest city for Lord of the Rings.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 10:02 AM
percept is currently offline Click here to Send percept a Private Message Find more posts by percept Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I love Minis Tirith, it is awesome. But I also like Rivendell and Helms Deep.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 07:59 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Minas Tirith the city of kings as said by gandlf i love it

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 09:04 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I voted for Edoras, I like the entire Rohan culture. However, is Helm's Deep considered a city?

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2008 07:32 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Caras Galadhon in Lothlorien or possibly Lake-Town

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 11:26 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heretic Smellin
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think Helms Deep, Rivendell and Isengard can really be called cities.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:17 AM
Heretic Smellin is currently offline Click here to Send Heretic Smellin a Private Message Find more posts by Heretic Smellin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

I don't think helms deep or Isengard qualify.

Both are bastions of strength to the people who built them although nether posess the capacity to carry large amount of people for extended periods.

Also, i voted Minas Tirith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Heretic Smellin
I don't think Helms Deep, Rivendell and Isengard can really be called cities.

You would say Rivendell, it was built for the purpose of a city.
The movie depicts a fairly empty place.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 06:53 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

wut wuld u call them then?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 01:40 AM
nimbus006
Accuser

My favorite location from the list above has to be Rivendell.

However, they are all awesome as described by Tolkien and realized by Peter Jackson.

By: Juk

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 07:13 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lebowski32

Gotta go with Minas Tirith as well. Imagine the glory of the place when it was still a "living, breathing city"

Old Post May 20th, 2009 05:12 PM
lebowski32 is currently offline Click here to Send lebowski32 a Private Message Find more posts by lebowski32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

Hmmm, Lothlorien doesn't count, does it...? Rivendell then.

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post May 21st, 2009 06:39 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dagarkin
Dwarven Elder

Minis Tirith had that awesome ass design to it. I really liked the white tree being in the center.

It is the Dream....the hope...that makes the reality worth living In the early 1940s, I made a personal pledge to uphold the Dream and as long as the Dream remains even partially unfulfilled, I cannot abandon it!

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 04:24 AM
Dagarkin is currently offline Click here to Send Dagarkin a Private Message Find more posts by Dagarkin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Edoras. All the cities sort of explore a different kind of time period or culture. I see Rohan as a sort of very honorable, self-dependent place. I love the colors fo Rohan - rust red, golden yellow, forest green. A place where a woman like Eowyn can rule, a calm, you reap what you sow place.

I dunno, it's my favorite kind of terrain next to the terrain of lothlorien, but that's not listed. Warm foresty. You can just picture bonfires and elders telling stories -- it reminds me of a place in celtic or gaelic myth - thor, freyrs, frei...

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post May 28th, 2009 04:00 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I voted other........ Fornost and Carn Dum are best cant decide which one.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:56 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Gondolin. Enclosed by mountains, protected by the head god's giant eagles, seven gates lining the secret entrance in to the valley, strolling fields going for miles ending in forests with a pearl white city of towers topped with gold and silver sitting a crest an insurmountable mesa? Beauty, elegance, protection, and power. F*ckin-A.

Type in Gondolin in Wikipedia, and a picture of that^ comes up.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 05:50 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote