KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman: Battle for the Cowl

Batman: Battle for the Cowl
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dick Grayson 31 56.36%
Tommy Eliot 3 5.45%
Tim Drake 6 10.91%
Jason Todd 8 14.55%
Other 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman: Battle for the Cowl
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
She's involved with this little known minor Batman villian called . . . something. It's like Ace or Deuce. Oh yeah, she the JOKER'S GIRLFRIEND! Maybe that contributes.

She is the Joker's Girlfriend....and? Where was she in R.I.P.? Where was she during this whole Black glove thingy? Wasn't she reformed recently? Yeah, I see where you going with this...so basically ANY character that is involved in the Batman area will be selected randomly?

Gee, why not friggin pick Bullock and throw him in the mix....better yet throw Montoya since she's Batwoman's girlfriend.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 05:55 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
She is the Joker's Girlfriend....and? Where was she in R.I.P.? Where was she during this whole Black glove thingy? Wasn't she reformed recently? Yeah, I see where you going with this...so basically ANY character that is involved in the Batman area will be selected randomly?

Gee, why not friggin pick Bullock and throw him in the mix....better yet throw Montoya since she's Batwomans girlfriend.

You really don't see why a major recurring character for a long period of Bruce's career might be involved in this? You're kidding right?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 05:56 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Gee, why not friggin pick Bullock and throw him in the mix....better yet throw Montoya since she's Batwoman's girlfriend.
Wait... are you objecting that characters from Batman's past are playing a part in this story?

I mean, we don't even know Harley's connection to the overall story yet (maybe Joker and Bruce both retire/die, and she becomes the next Joker?), but you're already assuming that she's chosen arbitrarily to be thrown in the mix?

lulz.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 07:36 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Original Smurph
you're already assuming that she's chosen arbitrarily to be thrown in the mix?

lulz.

That's right....see Jason Todd and Donna Troy in Countdown....I don't see a connection or a reason why she would involved or even have ANYTHING to do in the story. As matter of fact! Harley was also in Countdown....yeah, I can see the same formula made again.

So, to make things short...it takes more than teasers images from DC to convince me of something. I learn my lesson in the past. Not again...ever...anything that involves teasers and Didio together is a formula for disaster. As I said before...fool me once shame on you...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 07:44 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

You realise that she's also linked to Jason,as it's implied he shagged her during Countdown?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 09:34 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

scans? Cause that makes this very kinky if that's true. Especially considering he got to kill Joker during that as well.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 10:27 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
scans? Cause that makes this very kinky if that's true. Especially considering he got to kill Joker during that as well.

You want me to sift through Countdown during Xmas?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:05 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Martian_mind
You want me to sift through Countdown during Xmas?

Point taken. sick Happy holidays. cool

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:21 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

tony daniel talks battle for the cowl..

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/081...r-the-cowl.html

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 06:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

You know what I just realized?

Bruce never answered Tim's questions about Damian's paternity tests. We assume he actually is Wayne's son, but what if he's just acting like that for an ulterior reason? The only guarantee we have that Damian is Batman's son is Talia's word...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 11:18 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

http://comicbookresources.com/?page...le&id=19314

Very good interview focusing on Azrael aswell as what's coming up next. I'm looking forward to seeing this [SPOILER - highlight to read]: new Azrael in action.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 09:26 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Hahaha!!! Oh man! Didio is just full of it. Those promos of "I am Batman" are just identical to the Countdown posters.

Same formula....throw in a bunch random characters....fit them into the story....whatever chance decides..wins....

Oh man! hahaha...fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Except Countdown was a massive money making publicity stunt, where as Grant and Paul actually want to write this. Plus it won't be 52 issues in a deadline of 52 weeks. Plus Grant and Paul won't have to use guess work to make it "fit" with an epic universe shattering crossover. Plus the main characters have slightly more depth than the emo, bimbo who inexplicably turns evil, a geeky reporter (should have been retconned after 1985) who questionably gains the power of gods and then battles the D.C. equivalent of Darth Vader/Sauron/Satan, a one dimensional cosmic entity whose name was Bob, and an ex dead bat-sidekick, who changed his personality more than Peter Sellers.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 10:09 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by Philosophía
How surprising. Funny thing is, this whole thing hasn't even started yet, yet you're judging it because it has promos resembling Countdown (Lulz).

Random characters ?

The only thing I regret is not being able to put moderators on ignore.

Exactly ! smile

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 10:11 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Philosophía
http://comicbookresources.com/?page...le&id=19314

Very good interview focusing on Azrael aswell as what's coming up next. I'm looking forward to seeing this [SPOILER - highlight to read]: new Azrael in action.

I'm glad Azrael is back, but sad it isn't Jean Paul Valley

Also I hope he gets a much better costume than the one shown on the cover

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 10:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Except Countdown was a massive money making publicity stunt...

So was R.I.P. and now Battle for the Cowl.

Yeah...they want to make money. We know this...tell an interesting story...yeah..that would be my cup of tea.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 11:07 PM
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

So was R.I.P. and now Battle for the Cowl.

Yeah...they want to make money. We know this...tell an interesting story...yeah..that would be my cup of tea.

Apparently, R.I.P. (Which i haven't Read, waiting for the trade)suffered from the same ailments as Final crisis, i.e. bad name syndrome.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 11:13 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I take offence to the idea that Jason was one of the reasons Countdown sucked.

He was one of the few good things about it,even when he was being written poorly.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 10:04 AM
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by Martian_mind
I take offence to the idea that Jason was one of the reasons Countdown sucked.

He was one of the few good things about it,even when he was being written poorly.

according to the Grape Vine, he s going to become Azrael.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 10:11 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

The idea that they have to make him take on another mantle saddens me.

The idea that he's not going to be killed off fills me with glee.

...and a tingly feeling downstairs.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 10:20 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

He should just be Red Hood, which is the period where he was the most awesome.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 10:46 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote