KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gladiator vs Lobo

Gladiator vs Lobo
Started by: complexbrother

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Guardian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Not really, you see Gladiator a being capable of towing a planet alone makes him stronger than Superman was when he punched Lobo into space. This would make Lobo far inferior to Gladiator in strength if Superman could also KO him while being eclipsed.

Captain Marvel was a little above Lobo when they fought, let's remember that an eclipsed Superman decked Lobo with one punch.

Captain Marvel went toe to toe with an eclipsed Superman, and although Superman would have won eventually Captain Marvel was holding his own.

Again this was at a time that Superman could not tow a planet under his own power and needed the help of Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman... Gladiator could do so under his own power.

Gladiator is far faster than Lobo is, and can fly fast enough and hit hard enough at those speeds that he could put Lobo down with one punch, just like Superman did.

Lobo loses this for more than one reason.

Okay Gladiator claims he can tow a planet, but lets see some actual proof. confused roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment ......... Two Captain Marvel could stand his ground against eclipsed Supes b/c he is resistant to magic. However, I will agree with the rest of your logic except for Gladiator being Superior. Lobos strength fluctuates so much with the right artist and writer he could trounce Gladiator. He is a much more ruthless/savage and all around dirty fight than gladiator. So I think it is safe to say it would be a good fight.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 07:37 AM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Lobo

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 07:37 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Silent Guardian
Okay Gladiator claims he can tow a planet, but lets see some actual proof. confused roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment .........

The servants of the Living Tribunal say he can, as well. And collapse stars with his bare hands.

LT is omniscient. His servants have to be well informed.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 07:42 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobama

Hasn't the Hulk beaten Gladiator before? Not taking sides, just curious.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 08:38 AM
Leobama is currently offline Click here to Send Leobama a Private Message Find more posts by Leobama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Leobama
Hasn't the Hulk beaten Gladiator before? Not taking sides, just curious.

Yes but the Hulk held a planet together... in fact most incarnations of the Hulk start at less power than he did when shifting a continent, but all have the potential to perform this feat... even exceed it. neither Gladiator, or Lobo increase in power so being beaten by the Hulk isn't really making Gladiator look that bad.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 09:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

lobo, when portrayed seriously, will hand it to glads.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 09:21 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by namorsubby
lobo, when portrayed seriously, will hand it to glads.

No offense, but I think you have it backwards the only Lobo that takes this is the toon Lobo, and he is far from being portrayed seriously. Mainstream Lobo.. the one that appears in Superman, or Supergirl comics loses this.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 09:31 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobama

Yes but the Hulk held a planet together... in fact most incarnations of the Hulk start at less power than he did when shifting a continent, but all have the potential to perform this feat... even exceed it. neither Gladiator, or Lobo increase in power so being beaten by the Hulk isn't really making Gladiator look that bad.
Cool. I was just curious. Ahey, I read something about lobo lifting a box that weighed as much as the universe. Sounds dumb to me, but is this true?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 09:45 AM
Leobama is currently offline Click here to Send Leobama a Private Message Find more posts by Leobama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

it's true, but that version of Lobo could beat Galactus, the Lobo that shares comic space with other heroes is far less powerful. What can I say toon Lobo is above many skyfathers, while mainstrean Lobo is less than Superman, who Gladiator was based on.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 10:00 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

No offense, but I think you have it backwards the only Lobo that takes this is the toon Lobo, and he is far from being portrayed seriously. Mainstream Lobo.. the one that appears in Superman, or Supergirl comics loses this.
That's where you've got it messed up.. The real portrayal of Lobo, is in LOBO comics.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Dec 20th, 2008 at 01:34 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 01:26 PM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Juntai
That's where you've got it messed up.. The real portrayal of Lobo, is in LOBO comics.

If you believe that Lobo is powerful enough to lift an entire universe with one hand, you must also believe that he could beat Darkseid with one finger. Either you believe that Lobo is that powerful all of the time or you don't, are you saying that Lobo can beat Superman without an effort?

According to the way that you are debating for Team Lobo I can only guess that you believe that Lobo could beat a full powered Tyrant, because anyone that could lift an entire universe with one hand is above Tyrant. Or do we go with Lobo's showings in mainstream DC comics? You know, where he struggles to beat Supergirl in an arm wrestling match, or he get's punched once and KO'ed by an eclipsed Superman.

Captain Marvel took a full punch from an ecliped Superman, and the magical resistance crap doesn't stick, an impact is an impact, and Captain Marvel took it far better than Lobo.

As I said before toon Lobo can beat just about anyone, while mainstream Lobo would have trouble keeping up to Marvels Hercules. If this was Superman vs Pagan, why do I get the feeling that you'd claim that the reason why SUperman would win is because he has many more powers than Lunatik? Well guess what? Gladiator makes Lobo look like a one trick pony.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 03:18 PM
iceman24567

Gladz is a weak Superman rip-off Lobo's clones easily beat him in a stomp.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 03:42 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I fail to see how Gladiator's confidence will handle Lobo's constant regeneration.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 03:51 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

This makes me really believe that Lobo can take Gladiator, I mean he gets hurt by a sledge hammer.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...beatinLobo2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...atinLobo2-2.jpg

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 03:58 PM
iceman24567

Yeah because only Lobo has low showings good way to debate your point. Lobo rips Gladz head off then unfects the entire Shi'ar Empire with an virus that wipes them out just for kicks.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 04:02 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

This makes me really believe that Lobo can take Gladiator, I mean he gets hurt by a sledge hammer.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...beatinLobo2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...atinLobo2-2.jpg
Way to pull out some low showings to help your case. thumb up

Lobo doesn't have the same type of invulnerability as Superman. Neither does Wonder Woman, or even Thor. Who've all been dropped by pretty weak attacks at one point or another, ones that just bounce off of characters of similar invulernability. It doesn't make them any less tough of an opponent. It certainly doesn't make them weak.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 04:05 PM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

His regen makes up for it.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 04:09 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah because only Lobo has low showings good way to debate your point. Lobo rips Gladz head off then unfects the entire Shi'ar Empire with an virus that wipes them out just for kicks.

Nope I was just showing how Lobo has far too many ups, and downs. I call his mainstream powerset, the one that Superman can oneshot him, and he has trouble beating Supergirl in an arm wrestling match.

I call Lobo's toon feats when he does things like hold the weight of a universe in one hand... this in fact would make him more powerful than Galactus after eating several hundred planets... should we make a thread with Lobo's toon feats vs Galactus to make a point?

Mainstream Lobo loses, there will be no Shiar loss of life, or anything ridiculous like that. Toon Lobo kills Gladiator along with half of the Marvel Universe.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 04:11 PM
Stoic
Avenger

If you believe that Lobo is powerful enough to lift an entire universe with one hand, you must also believe that he could beat Darkseid with one finger. Either you believe that Lobo is that powerful all of the time or you don't, are you saying that Lobo can beat Superman without an effort?

According to the way that you are debating for Team Lobo I can only guess that you believe that Lobo could beat a full powered Tyrant, because anyone that could lift an entire universe with one hand is above Tyrant. Or do we go with Lobo's showings in mainstream DC comics? You know, where he struggles to beat Supergirl in an arm wrestling match, or he get's punched once and KO'ed by an eclipsed Superman.

Captain Marvel took a full punch from an ecliped Superman, and the magical resistance crap doesn't stick, an impact is an impact, and Captain Marvel took it far better than Lobo.

As I said before toon Lobo can beat just about anyone, while mainstream Lobo would have trouble keeping up to Marvels Hercules. If this was Superman vs Pagan, why do I get the feeling that you'd claim that the reason why SUperman would win is because he has many more powers than Lunatik? Well guess what? Gladiator makes Lobo look like a one trick pony.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 04:14 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Nope I was just showing how Lobo has far too many ups, and downs. I call his mainstream powerset, the one that Superman can oneshot him, and he has trouble beating Supergirl in an arm wrestling match.

I call Lobo's toon feats when he does things like hold the weight of a universe in one hand... this in fact would make him more powerful than Galactus after eating several hundred planets... should we make a thread with Lobo's toon feats vs Galactus to make a point?

Mainstream Lobo loses, there will be no Shiar loss of life, or anything ridiculous like that. Toon Lobo kills Gladiator along with half of the Marvel Universe.
So we associate only the ones you're cool with as acceptable feats, and the ones you don't like are "toon", or unnacceptable? lol.

Lifting a universe is an unquantifiable feat. It's completely badass, and obviously was meant to take a lot of strength... but it's unquantifiable. Dr Fate had a universe inside of his Helmet. I bet trying to fight in that thing is a complete pain.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 04:16 PM