KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E14 - A Clear and Present Danger

S03E14 - A Clear and Present Danger
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Why the hell was Peter holding on for dear life in the plane?

HE CAN FLY!!

That bothered me.

No, he CAN'T fly. He can only hold one power at a time. That's why he touched Mohinder and was kicking ass with Mohinder's strength. Once he touched Nicky(or whatever her character's name is now) he lost that power and started to get HIS ass kicked and then he touched the plane's wall and it turned into ice with HER power. That's the drawback. Only Sylar hold multiple powers now.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 12:18 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

What he said.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 02:13 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Are we sure that that is how the power works?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 02:43 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
No, he CAN'T fly. He can only hold one power at a time. That's why he touched Mohinder and was kicking ass with Mohinder's strength. Once he touched Nicky(or whatever her character's name is now) he lost that power and started to get HIS ass kicked and then he touched the plane's wall and it turned into ice with HER power. That's the drawback. Only Sylar hold multiple powers now.

That's exactly what happened... so we can only asume that's how his power works now... and that's why he was holding on to his life, cuz he couldn't fly

... now whether or not it works just like Rogue's power it's unclear... cuz Mohinder hold him and the "sparks" didn't fly off... so I could asume he conciously has to absorb the power in order to use it.

I first I didn't like it, but now that I think about it it's the best way to keep the character around with a power, rather than to kill him off or completely take his power away... he was way too powerful for his own good

...Now that only leaves all powerful Sylar who will [SPOILER - highlight to read]: gather other mutants to fight the powerless human in a battle for evolution and survival of the fitest.... and he will call himself Sparkman.... Magneto is already taken... big grin

Edit: btw Rex, could please add the synopsis to the thread's starter post

quote:
Months after explosions brought down Pinehearst and Primatech, our Heroes try to put the past behind them and begin new lives. Now powerless, Hiro tries to train a reluctant Ando to be a true superhero. Suresh returns to life as a taxi driver, Peter is back to saving lives, and Daphne and Matt try to live as a normal couple. Claire's attempt to live a regular life is cut short when she uncovers a deadly plot orchestrated by Nathan to track down and capture those with abilities. Meanwhile, Sylar begins the search for his real parents.

just to be consistent with previous threads big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Feb 4th, 2009 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 03:02 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Not a bad episode but the whole people with powers being persecuted and rounded up in camps have been done for far too long on X-men. I wonder if a giant hunter robot will show up during the season.

The whole HGR thing seems repetitive. I wonder how much control Peter has over his powers. Was anybody else expecting him or Tracy to cover the whole in the plane with his/her ice powers like me?

I wonder if the rating will sink lower now that 24 is back on. I for one will not pick Heroes over 24.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 06:38 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I didn't think he was gonna cover up the whole plane with ice no

I figured someone was gonna bump into it an cause it to break

but it just did it on its own

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 09:12 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I didn't think he was gonna cover up the whole plane with ice no

I figured someone was gonna bump into it an cause it to break

but it just did it on its own

I didnt mean the whole plane. Just the whole that blew up.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 03:03 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I wonder what (if he has one) power the Hunter has, if I recall correctly he got back to Mohinder, HRG and Nathan pretty fast after Mohinder hit him with the door.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 11:43 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I actually expect him to not have any power at all

... kinda like Striker big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 11:52 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I didnt mean the whole plane. Just the whole that blew up.
you knew.

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 06:35 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote