KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Vs. Star Wars

Star Trek Vs. Star Wars
Started by: Zampanó

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 24 25 [26]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Star Trek wishes it was Star Wars.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 01:11 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Why would it wish that? They've taken separate paths to SciFi and that's a great thing, as we get two different, but awesome franchises.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 06:56 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Because it's not as lucrative as Star Wars, not even close.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 09:16 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah. They do have that over ST. 30bil vs 4bil

Doesn't bother me though, I like them both regardless of which makes more money.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

I think the only thing the SW universe has over the ST universe is the vastness. The empire is gigantic. As far as technology many SW fans claim that the empire has more powerful ships then the ST universe, Id have to agree for the most part but there are races in the ST universe that can easily rival if not surpass even the firepower of a eclipse class star destroyer.

SW is more brute force where SW is more technological and I think is more diverse. ST is also more realistic to what mankind might actually become.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 06:27 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Because it's not as lucrative as Star Wars, not even close.

Star Trek has arguably more cultural and historical capital than SW does. The Original Series inspired numerous technological advances as well as social movements. We can thank Star Trek for inspiring sliding doors, flip-phones, and (arguably) tasers. Meanwhile, no updates on when something like a lightsaber is coming out. stick out tongue

But as Robtard said, they're both great in their own way.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 05:02 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

dat trek wank.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 03:29 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Star Trek wishes it was Star Wars.
It has changed since Abrams with it still being different but more warlike just not as warlike as Wars. Let's hope the NuTrek continues in this direction.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 12:31 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The original star treks had far more war and combat than the abrams movies have had...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 04:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

What Quanchi really means is NuTrek has more flash, less substance.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 07:11 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
The original star treks had far more war and combat than the abrams movies have had...
I meant more like in the Star Wars formula than Star Trek but not as much as Star Wars has. That's why I always preferred Star Wars to Star Trek prior to Abrams.
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What Quanchi really means is NuTrek has more flash, less substance.
No, I feel the NuTreks are two great films. I don't like all action no substance films. These two Trek films had a soul and were damn special.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 09:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ionceknewu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Original Series is awesome for star trek. Star Wars is just generally better than Trek on the big screen. I liked the first Abrams Star Trek movie, but ghey Khan was no match for the Ricardo Mountalban Khan, who was awesome and Wrath of Khan was just a better move all round.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 10:23 PM
Ionceknewu is currently offline Click here to Send Ionceknewu a Private Message Find more posts by Ionceknewu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MOLIKATY
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Star Wars era that will be used is the Empire era shown in the Original Trilogy. All EU is applicable, so long as it fulfills the canon requirements for its universe. For clarity's sake: The Empire's army does not include Jedi, but it does have Lord Vader, The Emperor, many Emperor's Hands (Force Sensitive assassins) and other trainees in the Dark Side.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 10:21 PM
MOLIKATY is currently offline Click here to Send MOLIKATY a Private Message Find more posts by MOLIKATY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MOLIKATY
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally filezilla uc browser rufus posted by MOLIKATY
The Star Wars era that will be used is the Empire era shown in the Original Trilogy. All EU is applicable, so long as it fulfills the canon requirements for its universe. For clarity's sake: The Empire's army does not include Jedi, but it does have Lord Vader, The Emperor, many Emperor's Hands (Force Sensitive assassins) and other trainees in the Dark Side.
oes not include Jedi, but it does have Lord Vader, The Emperor, many Emperor's Hands (Force Sensitive assassins) and other trainees in the Dark Side.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 12:28 AM
MOLIKATY is currently offline Click here to Send MOLIKATY a Private Message Find more posts by MOLIKATY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Trek had more nerdy stuff, but once some of the dialogue came out as inaccurate they went with the easier way of just showing action, shouting, shooting, sex appeal, explosions, etc.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2023 05:17 PM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

Old Post Nov 6th, 2023 04:31 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Tbf, I liked the '09 Star Trek movie. Abrams did a good job on that one.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2023 07:33 AM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

Old Post Nov 8th, 2023 12:56 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote