KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Vs. Star Wars

Star Trek Vs. Star Wars
Started by: Zampanó

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

A quick question - does an SD have proton torpedo bays? I don't think so, but I'm not going to say no yet.

Anyway, my favorite ST ship is the Defiant. An SD would be torn to pieces by quantum type weapons. The Enterprise - E is not invincible as was proven in Nemesis. She had to ram the Scimitar to survive the engagement.

Even Thrawn would have to admire a Defiant class warship.

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 05:41 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No ship is invincible, though the Enterprise taking on the Scimitar and doing fairly well is a testament to it's abilities, as the Scimitar is a pure killing machine.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 06:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Agreed. The Enterprise - E is a hybrid. Warship/Exploration vessel. She was built during the middle of the Dominion War. With 12 phaser arrays, 6 torpedo bays, capacity to do transwarp and enhanced metaphasic shields that is why she survived the engagement despite severe damage.

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 06:55 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

the Scimitar was a weapon of exceptional power though. It's even possible that it's the single most powerful vessel in the ST universe

and the scimitar, for the most part, wasn't being used to destroy the enterprise because Shinzon needed Picard alive. If he had wanted to destroy the enterprise it would've been easy.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:02 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Jaden, you are very knowledgeable about SW & ST. The Scimitar had enough firepower to damage the DS and probably could destroy it due to thaloran weapon radiation.

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Wouldn't have to use the thaloran weapon, though it would be the safest and smartest, as it could kill everyone aboard in less than 10 minutes.

Armament: 52 pulse disruptor cannons; 27 photon torpedo launchers.
Defenses: Primary and secondary shields; advanced cloaking device

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Scimitar

It could circle around the DS while cloaked and fire massive volley after massive volley.

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 25th, 2008 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Personally I like SW over ST, but I keep getting jumped in their forums. I think they hate me there. Just because I'm pro-Revan doesn't make me the enemy.

War Doctor

Last edited by Darth Truculent on Dec 25th, 2008 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 08:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Some people just have a hard time being objective, stupid really. It's a silly hypothetical battle over two fictional franchises, Star Trek having superior technology doesn't mean Star Wars is horrible by any means.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 10:17 PM
Darth Truculent

Agreed. I think I'll stay out of the SW forums for awhile.

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 12:28 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

story wise i prefer starwars blatent good versus evil simpleness.

star trek, being a long running franchise with hundreds of episodes and several films, has obviously had the opportunity to introduce more in-depth views of some of it's more peripheral species such as the Ferengi and others via DS9...i think it was also heavily influenced from DS9 onward, by babylon 5 as well as some criticism of it being a far too idealised look at human civilisation...hence came the Maquis resistance to Cardassia and the more seedy aspects of DS9 that remind me a lot of Mos Eisley.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 01:55 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Your insight serves you well...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 04:28 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Personally I like SW over ST, but I keep getting jumped in their forums. I think they hate me there. Just because I'm pro-Revan doesn't make me the enemy.

It's because you keep bringing up points that multiple members have addressed already. Also it is kind of annoying with the amount of sw vs st threads you made.

In regards to this thread perhaps there should be a discussion about the strategists of the empire compared to the ones in ST (particularly the ones who are from the current military being discussed.)

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Dec 26th, 2008 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 06:30 PM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Elite Hunter

In regards to this thread perhaps there should be a discussion about the strategists of the empire compared to the ones in ST (particularly the ones who are from the current military being discussed.)

Proceed.

As far as I know, the Empire lost to much smaller and less armed group called the 'Rebel Alliance'. The Federation has beaten the Dominion and the held off/defeated the Borg on several occasions. They also had wars with the Klingon and Romulan empires in the past.

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 26th, 2008 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 06:58 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem with the Rebel Alliance example though is that the Empire was faced with the same problem that the US has right now in Iraq... we don't know who to shoot. If the Rebel Alliance had taken over, say, a planet by force and was holding it as their base of operations, the GE would have ****ed them up.

... though both Death Star's were destroyed in a straight up fight. So meh. The movie depiction of the Empire is pathetic.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 07:29 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
... though both Death Star's were destroyed in a straight up fight. So meh. The movie depiction of the Empire is pathetic.

it was only possible to destroy the death stars with fast and agile small 1 man crafts, and with good pilots. star trek is lacking these things, so no st vessel wuld stand a chance against a death star.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 05:08 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
it was only possible to destroy the death stars with fast and agile small 1 man crafts, and with good pilots. star trek is lacking these things, so no st vessel wuld stand a chance against a death star.

they have their fighters.

and if they knew where to shoot, most star trek vessels have torpedoes that can be guided...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 05:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raoul
they have their fighters.

and if they knew where to shoot, most star trek vessels have torpedoes that can be guided...
The pilots of these fighters, are they as good as SW pilots? And are the craft as agile?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 03:05 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The pilots of these fighters, are they as good as SW pilots? And are the craft as agile?

doesn't really matter...the SW fighters would be totally useless...they don't have the firepower to scratch an ST ship...even Danube class runabouts would take on tie fighters

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 03:23 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The SW fighters air to air/space to space combat wise, might have future-seeing Jedi piloting them. Might be harder to draw a bead on those particular flyboys, with the outcome of any action being potentially sussed in advance...

Would even the top federation pilots be able to cope against that advantage on the way in on the attack the Death Stars/Larger ships..?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 04:23 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The SW fighters air to air/space to space combat wise, might have future-seeing Jedi piloting them. Might be harder to draw a bead on those particular flyboys, with the outcome of any action being potentially sussed in advance...

Would even the top federation pilots be able to cope against that advantage on the way in on the attack the Death Stars/Larger ships..?

nope

quote:
The Star Wars era that will be used is the Empire era shown in the Original Trilogy. All EU is applicable, so long as it fulfills the canon requirements for its universe. For clarity's sake: The Empire's army does not include Jedi, but it does have Lord Vader, The Emperor, many Emperor's Hands (Force Sensitive assassins) and other trainees in the Dark Side.

besides if a Jedi in a starfighter can predict the outcome of an encounter then howcome

Last edited by jaden101 on Dec 28th, 2008 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 04:52 PM