KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Vs. Star Wars

Star Trek Vs. Star Wars
Started by: Zampanó

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elite Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
it was only possible to destroy the death stars with fast and agile small 1 man crafts, and with good pilots. star trek is lacking these things, so no st vessel wuld stand a chance against a death star.

Technically if the second death star was completely finished then it wouldn't have had the exhaust port that Luke exploited in A New Hope.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 05:08 PM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Good point.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 05:18 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

I do have to admit that ST has better looking ships than SW. But, it does look a little bit weird that a ragtag group of rebels defeated the Empire. But then again, the United States did defeat England in the Revolutionary War without a professional army and sub standard weapons.

Robtard, you bring up a point that the Federation defeat the Dominion and the Borg. I hate to say this, but that is true only to a certain point of view. The Federation had to assemble an alliance against the Dominion. It was only the Klingons and the Federation who were fighting at the early stages of the war. They were barely holding the line otherwise the Federation would have been overrun. General Martok even admited that the Klingon Empire was barely keeping the Dominion at bay while the Federation was rebuilding the Fleet. It was only until when the Romulans entered the war and the Cardassians rebelled did the war end.

For the Borg, they didn't launch an all out invasion. One Cube isn't enough to conquer the Alpha Quadrant. Now 15 . . . that's an entire differently story. Even for the Empire, if the didn't have any superweapons like the Sun Crusher or Death Star, if 15 or 20 Cubes attacked the SW univerise, there might be a different outcome. ST shields are far stronger than SW shields.

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 06:46 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Very true, the Federation did need allies to defeat the Dominion, as they're a seriously power force. But it stands to reason that those alliances could be made again (as specified by the thread starter), if a foreign galactic empire was battling the ST universe.

I didn't mean they defeated the Borg all out, that would be taking out thousands of worlds, just that they were successful in several fights against them.

From what has been shown here, I think the Federation has the ships, personal and overall firepower to take on and eventually defeat the SW Empire/forces without the help of the Klingon or Romulan Empires, but drawing of those empires for help is just a further plus.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 06:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I dunno, never underestimate the power of a good soundtrack.

Going into battle to the 'imperial march' would bring out the best world conquering side in me fer sure...... stick out tongue

Those Star Trek fleets'll have only Jerry Goldsmith backing 'em up.
(Or even that f***ing dreadful theme song for 'Enterprise'.) wink

You may scoff, but the military used to send in the troops to speed and death metal for that reason.

However if William Shatner is writing/directing this movie then somehow Kirk will beat the empire to death with his todger, and sleep with all their women.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 29th, 2008 at 07:07 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 07:03 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101

Dunno if this has been addressed or not, but at the time of Order 66, Sideous had cast basically a cloud on all the Jedi's intuition. It was harder than normal to sense certain things, the Clone's betrayal being numero uno.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 07:14 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I dunno, never underestimate the power of a good soundtrack.

Going into battle to the 'imperial march' would bring out the best world conquering side in me fer sure...... stick out tongue

Those Star Trek fleets'll have only Jerry Goldsmith backing 'em up.
(Or even that f***ing dreadful theme song for 'Enterprise'.) wink

You may scoff, but the military used to send in the troops to speed and death metal for that reason.

However if William Shatner is writing/directing this movie then somehow Kirk will beat the empire to death with his todger, and sleep with all their women.

It's been a long road

Get'n from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near

I will see my dreams come alive at last
I will touch the sky
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna change my mind

(Chorus)
'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
No one's going to bend nor break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith
I've got faith
Faith of the heart

Sing it, ****, SING IT!

If the ST side gets Shatner at the helm of any ship, it's over for the Empire.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 07:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Dunno if this has been addressed or not, but at the time of Order 66, Sideous had cast basically a cloud on all the Jedi's intuition. It was harder than normal to sense certain things, the Clone's betrayal being numero uno.

Jedi still get killed, Force or no, which is the point.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 07:39 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or maybe, as is actually the case, all the Jedi weren't actually capable of force vision

quote from wooki

"Force Visions were extremely rare, and uncontrollable. Often, one would meditate to gain a vision, but only a few would actually succeed"

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 07:39 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Robtard
It's been a long road

Get'n from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near

I will see my dreams come alive at last
I will touch the sky
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna change my mind

(Chorus)
'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
No one's going to bend nor break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith
I've got faith
Faith of the heart

Sing it, ****, SING IT!

If the ST side gets Shatner at the helm of any ship, it's over for the Empire.

lolz My ears! They bleed!!!!! My eyes're also bleeding tears of stinging piss with blood in it just having read that.

May Russell Watson be the first up aginst the wall or first packed forcibly into a Photon Torpedo and fired into...... a giant rancor littertray.

'Tis true Only William Shatner could defeat them.... He is a 'Rocket man' after all. shifty

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 29th, 2008 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 08:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

'Tis true Only William Shatner could defeat them.... He is a 'Rocket man' after all. shifty

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 10:16 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Heheheheheeeeeeee Never gets old, that.

That Stewie Griffin parody was spot on.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 10:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Heheheheheeeeeeee Never gets old, that.

That Stewie Griffin parody was spot on.

Yeah, Seth McFarlane did that seamlessly.

I do love Shatner, even though he's an egotistical, self-absorbed ass.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 05:00 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Totally.

Mind you, at least he had the good-sportsmanship to lampoon himself well in "Free Enterprise".. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 06:20 PM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Emperor Tiberious ...opposite universe of Kirks...wonder what Emperor Palpatine would be like in an opposite universe?.....hmm sounds like a job for the general fiction writers..lol..or have they done that yet?

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 09:42 PM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Jedi still get killed, Force or no, which is the point.

quote:
Or maybe, as is actually the case, all the Jedi weren't actually capable of force vision

quote from wooki

"Force Visions were extremely rare, and uncontrollable. Often, one would meditate to gain a vision, but only a few would actually succeed"

Who said anything about seeing visions? There's a difference between force precognition, which is something all Jedi do automatically, and force visions, which is something else entirely.

Force precognition is what grants Obi-Wan the ability to block, literally, over 20 lightsaber strikes per second.

*shrug*

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 11:10 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who said anything about seeing visions? There's a difference between force precognition, which is something all Jedi do automatically, and force visions, which is something else entirely.

Force precognition is what grants Obi-Wan the ability to block, literally, over 20 lightsaber strikes per second.

*shrug*

force precognition isn't the same as battle precognition....force precognition manifests itself in the form of visions....battle precognition is simply feeling the flow of the force to allow faster reactions and help anticipate what an adversary is going to do

if they could truly see what an opponent could do then a battle between 2 jedi wouldn't end because they would always see what the other was about to do.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 11:35 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

... you're getting most of your info from Wookiepedia, aren't you?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 01:16 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

... you're getting most of your info from Wookiepedia, aren't you?

Whats wrong with that?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 04:18 AM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wookiepedia has a knack for being inaccurate, or too technical.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 04:41 AM