KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Vs. Star Wars

Star Trek Vs. Star Wars
Started by: Zampanó

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Let me put it this way... Star Wars Weaponry would rape ant trek shields, and unlike phasers, the hull they hit would buckle melt and be easily penetrated.... however tranporters are the key. Trek Borg could attempt assiml of a SD but honestly, SW weaponry are Bolts of energy that have no specifice freq, but they do have power settings.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 04:29 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Reaper! eek! glad to c ya! anyways I can go with that about the hull but the self replicating armor??? thats gotta help..borg would adapt but fed ships only hope Im thinking is the armor...it sends damaging energy away from the hull....other than a few mentions thats all eu though...still curious about the doomsday could it handle a deathstar blast b4 it is consumed it or would a death star fit...lol...the fit looks perfect actually???I was thinking on some SW defense....some of the old sith were uber powerful like Luke....Im thinking palps could muster something totally wicked with proper prep to totally screw up the borg...scenario one let himself get assimilated while in total connection with the force(canon wise he isnt all that but eu wise for something like this the spirits of the old sith which he can consult with would offer him the right help to seperate his mind something of the sort till the right moment..I know Im not explaining this to well but Ive read alot of eu so any else that knows what Im talking about gets my meaning....then take out the "queen's"...take over the borg thus he controls both universes...damn Im diggin for SW here...does anyone see where Im goin...I need another drink and some more eu for SW

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 01:47 PM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
Okay Ive just been googling....plus Ive seen about every episode and read most ST novels
I know this has been mentioned not sure if they are allowed but the transphasic torpedoes are canon but how they werk r EU....they phase in and out therefore as I understand doesnt matter how powerful the shield they phase out until they reach the center of the target totally not even dealing with shields...1 can destroy a regular cube?? or was it a tactical...have to watch endgame again to know for sure but I think it was a regular cube... but the size of a cube compared to a SD is ??? (I dont know)

a cube is around 3036m x 3036m x 3036m

each dimension is almost twice as big as a imperial class SD is from front to back. (1600)

although the super star destroyer is 19000m in length.

quote:
Let me put it this way... Star Wars Weaponry would rape ant trek shields, and unlike phasers, the hull they hit would buckle melt and be easily penetrated.... however tranporters are the key. Trek Borg could attempt assiml of a SD but honestly, SW weaponry are Bolts of energy that have no specifice freq, but they do have power settings.

2 words...ablative armour...designed to disipate direct energy weapons which is all the SD's have...so their power is irrelevant.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 06:12 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Jedireaper, SD don't not have guided turbolasers. ST ships have the ability to target specific areas on a ship. Here's a little question for you: why did the captain of the SD raise his shields when the tiny Millenieum Falcon made it's "attack" run? The freighter is drawfed by the SD and cannot match it's firepower.

Borg shields adapt to the frequency of the weapon that is firing on them. Every energy weapon has an frequency and it would only be a matter of minutes before the Cube's shields would adapt to that particular frequency.

War Doctor

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 01:14 AM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Forgot - how many times do I have to say that a photon or a quantum torpedo would easily pierce any SD shields.

War Doctor

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 01:16 AM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Can someone look up the stats for those torpedoes for me?

War Doctor

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 02:18 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Originally posted by jaden101
a cube is around 3036m x 3036m x 3036m

each dimension is almost twice as big as a imperial class SD is from front to back. (1600)

although the super star destroyer is 19000m in length.

2 words...ablative armour...designed to disipate direct energy weapons which is all the SD's have...so their power is irrelevant.

thanx dude! and that in this thread is accepted ??? OH NO that means ST does win..lol...bet that pissed someone off...hope Queeq doesnt see this post....

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 03:39 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

One thing that I think is being overlooked is the science teams. Star Trek is much better at the jury-rigging and adapting process. They can come up with solutions and reverse engineer technologies. Granted, it may take time, as it did with finding a way to adapt engines and systems to Breen energy weapons.

2nd, sensors. Star Trek has vastly superior sensor systems. And if you can scan a ship or weapon, you can find a weakspot, or vulnerable areas. You might even be able to get shield frequencies and armor compositions. Example: The Death Star. it might take abit, considering the size, but I will lay you good odds that the Enterprise-E at least, could figure out the trick about the Exhaust Port.

3rd, temporal assaults. Star Trek groups (Or at least the Alpha Quadrant) goes out of it's way to avoid screwing with timelines or disrupting time. But that doesn't mean they don't have methods for exploiting it. Hell, even the Bajoran orbs could give insight into going into the past and finding Byss for example.

The last thing is a suicide tactic, but though I think the Federation would abstain from it, I can easily see some of the other groups (like the Borg or the Cardassians as an act of spite) choosing to unleash an Omega Particle if they were certain to lose. Making any victory by Star Wars pyyric.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 04:20 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

yeah ST is winning...we need help! I could bring in some hardcore SW fans but I forget who they r..lol

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 04:32 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Jedireaper

Why would they "rape Trek shields"? SW lasers are still based on energy, what shields are designed to resist.

Why would the ST hulls just "buckle"? They're also designed to resist energy weapons.

Borg do assimilate; they're masters of this. The only time they couldn't was a species from a different dimension; who's technology was based on biological matter. I don't think the SW ships are anything close to this, one Borg cube could teleport a hundred thousand drones into the Death Star and assimilate that *****.

Power settings are essentially frequencies and vice-versa.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 4th, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 10:18 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I wonder if Star Trek shields could affect force use...?

'Cause lets say Yoda wanted to crush or disable something essential to shield generation/projection, yet that target lay on the other side of said shield..

Could he do it...?

And furthermore, what would stop Vader ripping hull plating off (maybe over the bridge area), compromising the hull of that ship...?

Or messing with something in engineering that could cause warp core breach/loss of containment....?

Well placed Jedi/Sith attacks like these could be pretty effective.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 4th, 2009 at 01:56 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 01:54 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

The point about Yoda is irrelevant given the stipulations of the original post

As for Vader and the Emperor. Had they the power to change a space battle single handedly then i'm sure they would've done so at the battle of Endor. The fact that they didn't suggest they either couldn't or, as some suggest, were distracted by what Luke was up to.

Not to mention that they simply cannot be at all places at all times meaning they most likely wouldn't be at all the battles...similar to the fact that the Jedi council masters couldn't be at all the battles during the clone wars and were constantly having to shuffle around and try and support one another.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 03:04 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Okay forget individual jedi/sith names.
This is obviously about the force/ST shields.

I'd probably have to agree that they were focused on Luke, but then, true that'd beg the question of "Why didn't we see other Jedi do it"

But the 'science' behind it... yay or nay...?

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 4th, 2009 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 05:48 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say nay...Obi-wan had to physically switch off a tractor beam for the millenium falcon to escape and in the clone wars cartoons anakin and ashoka tano had to get inside a shield generators defence in order to have an effect on it and the enemies within it. So on that basis i'd say something about shields prevents them for using the force beyond it.

you also have the evidence on several occasions that jedi cant even manipulate beyond small relatively weak shields such as those on the rolling battles droids that attack qui-gon and obi-wan in phantom menace.

the force unleashed also shows that some stormtroopers with shielding are unaffected by the force (including high powered lightning and push) and have to be physically struck with a lightsaber before they are damaged

Last edited by jaden101 on Jan 4th, 2009 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:11 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Sounds convincing to me. smile

(Heheh Force Unleashed. Got that at Xmas on the PSP.
I was gonna mention that, but as much as I like it, I cant regard it as anything other than EU.

Technical issues aside (inopportune load times and other minor bugs along with the finishing move button-a-thon coming in on your lightsabre button so you not realising its started, screw up losing the advantage again temporarily. ), I thought it was a great game.
The extra modes like Order 66 help the longevity passed the novelty of restarting the game with full force ability after completion...

What platform do you have it on..?)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:35 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I borrowed it for the 360...played through it 3 times in order to try and unlock everything.

I believe it's regarded as canon though...although i personally don't like the story of it. I'd rather have had a game whereby you did the great jedi purge as Vader.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:58 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Lucky blighter. The graphics look amazing on that from what Ive seen... (not that they were poop on the PSP, but on a big screen you'd notice the lower polygon count etc).

Canon..? Wow. Cool that the rebellion formation stuff wasnt wasted then...and the polt with Vader and Starkiller did make me wonder further about the abiguity of Vader's offer to Luke at the end of ESB.

Yeah that 1st Kashykk level alone wasnt enough as Vader...

And as nice as it was, fighting Luke at Bespin was just a tease in the extras..

Heres hoping for future titles..eh? or a Sequel that'll let you do just that.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 4th, 2009 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 09:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I wonder if Star Trek shields could affect force use...?

Not sure if Jaden already mentioned this, but the rolling droids with the personal shileds (droideka), the Jedi never use the Force against them; leads me to believe shields do counter Force use.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 04:25 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

They don't. Jedi don't use the force on those droids for the same reason Obi-Wan didn't use the force on Jango Fett.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:28 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
They don't. Jedi don't use the force on those droids for the same reason Obi-Wan didn't use the force on Jango Fett.

stupidity?

also, just want to thank y'all for not making this thread a nightmare to mod. i've seen some of the stuff that goes on in star wars vs matches, so i was pleasantly surprised. thanks again...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote