KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Vs. Star Wars

Star Trek Vs. Star Wars
Started by: Zampanó

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah i was pleasantly surprised by the civil tone of this thread given that it usually brings out the worst in people. We've had a few starwars fanboys come into the thread but they are generally ignored because they talk nonsense and their points are easily countered. I know Red Nemesis was reluctant to make the thread but i'm glad he did. It's been fun so far.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:54 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It has. yes

I think it helps that we here mostly are fans of both genius sagas.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 07:22 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
stupidity?

Right on.

Realistically speaking, if a man can push someone with enough force to launch them 50 feet in the air, he should be able to snap a neck or something without difficulty. But alas, Jedi are idiots. Force users in general are idiots. Jango defeating five Jedi Knights in close quarters combat at the same time by himself is lunacy.

But, yeah. They're idiots.

quote:
also, just want to thank y'all for not making this thread a nightmare to mod. i've seen some of the stuff that goes on in star wars vs matches, so i was pleasantly surprised. thanks again...

I think most Star Wars fans don't know enough about Star Trek to care, or bother, I certainly don't. I poke around and correct arguments that are wrong about the Star Wars universe, but that's as far as I'm willing to go, personally.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:58 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I can never fully trust anyone who hates Star Trek.

Its just .......wrong.

But likewise I cant really identify with Star Wars haters too well either.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 01:56 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Trek TNG is great, imo. Shatner's ST I dislike.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 02:08 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Shatner's ST I dislike.

You have made a powerful enemy today, 'friend'.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 08:19 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

shatner is an icon bigger and better than hamill or ford imo....though princess leia(in her day) I would have to dis on capn kirk for..hehe...although Hamill really has done alot besides movies...hes kewl wing commander the joker voice...I want to see him in that comedy with jay n silent bob I heard that was kewl but I havent seen it anyways Im sure the list goes on...he is the jedifuture dude..lol..but you cant dis on shatner...he wrote some excellent ST books besides everything else hes done...anyways Im rambling AGAIN...back to my drink..actually its nap time see ya in a few!

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 11:13 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

For the first time I am speechless.

confused

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.........................!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:18 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not a huge fan of the original star trek either tbh. I like the films but not the series as much. As cheesy and fun as it can be it is also grimace inducingly cheap and nasty looking.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 02:05 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

GET HIM!!!!!!!!! RAWRRRRR mad

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 03:04 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by jaden101
I'm not a huge fan of the original star trek either tbh. I like the films but not the series as much. As cheesy and fun as it can be it is also grimace inducingly cheap and nasty looking.

I know what you mean.... the films rule the series in many ways...
I mean, we all hate on STV:TFF, but is it as mentally crippling and insulting as "Spock's Brain"...??

But Blaxican should still remember.......................

"Khhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn..!!!!"
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 6th, 2009 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 03:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Damn it, Jim. His brain's missing!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 10:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOLZ What was going round the writer's table on THAT day...?

And why was Sadako not offered any...?

Its not fair I tells ya.

That shit made the Tribbles look like a gritty re-enactment of Henry the fifth...!!!
(Or 'Henry Hard 5.0' as it'd no doubt be known nowadays)

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 8th, 2009 at 02:03 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 01:58 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Henry could beat Riggs too; I digress.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 08:49 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well ya dont get to being the fifth without knowing to kick an ass or two.... stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 04:37 PM
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

Nothing comes close the Original Star Trek series. The cheesy set and corny lines are part of its charm and you must look at things in context. It was very revolutionary for the time. Other than STII WoK the movies sucked. Still better than TNG stuff by far. I must say out of all the offshoots, I think "Voyager" was the best.

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" - Khan (reciting Melville)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 11:00 PM
Lycanthrope is currently offline Click here to Send Lycanthrope a Private Message Find more posts by Lycanthrope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't love any of OS movies except Wrath of Khan. Undiscovred Country is decent, though.

I did enjoy in varying degrees the TNG movies.

I preferred DS9 to Voyager, Janeway annoyed me. I could be biased though, she looks exactly like an ex-girlfriend (a total ****) of mine, just 20+ years older at the time.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:04 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was watching Empire Strikes Back last night, and it's occurred to me that people are using the asteroid scene as a way to gauge the strength of the Imperial Star Destroyers. I.E., that they can't be all that strong because the bridge of one was destroyed by an asteroid.

Doesn't that seem a bit fallacious though, considering that we don't know how the Star Destroyer may have been getting pummeled by asteroids, or how fast they're moving. It stands to reason that if a Star Destroyer is pummeled by 100 foot asteroids moving at three hundred miles an hour for half an hour that's more than enough force to deplete a ship's shields, no? Admiral Piett stated that after the damage they'd sustained they wouldn't last very long either, so it's obvious that they'd been getting hammered for a very long time. It's not like the asteroid just one-shotted their shields.

I think the people here:
http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWdsimpfleetsize.html

Failed to take that into account.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Jan 11th, 2009 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 08:33 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWbta.html

I presume you mean that page rather than the link you gave?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:39 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Robtard

I preferred DS9 to Voyager, Janeway annoyed me. I could be biased though, she looks exactly like an ex-girlfriend (a total ****) of mine, just 20+ years older at the time.

The nasal voice annoys the piss out of me, with Janeway.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 02:17 AM