KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » For a Star Trek Victory over Star Wars in Battle

For a Star Trek Victory over Star Wars in Battle
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

For a Star Trek Victory over Star Wars in Battle

Okay, I've been doing some thinking and come to a conclusion. Most are thinking a capital ship engagement battle. However, take at least 20 of Defiant and Prometheus class warships which are designed to fight the Borg to lead an attack against say a fleet of 6 Star Destroyers supported by 8 Interdictors.

Defiant class are small, agile and fast and are considered "overpowered and overgunned." The primary weapons of a Defiant are the rapid fire phasers and quantum torpedoes. A Defiant's shields and armor can take a beating. In First Contact, the Defiant had it's shields battered down and had taken numerous Borg torpedo hits, but it's armor held it together and engines still online. A fully operational Defiant class can get to knife-fighting range on an Interdictor or a Star Destroyer and inflict massive damage. From what I've seen and read, SW shields are not that strong. I wonder how much damage a quantum torpedo set on maxium yield would cause. Rapid fire phasers would also tear through an SD shields and an Interdictors.

Prometheus class warships can split into two seperate hulls and attack two seperate targets. If a Prometheus gets to knife-fighting range against an Interdictor or SD, then another round of severe damage would happen. From what I've read and seen, SW ships point-blank defense systems are directed at starfighters - not ships that were built to fight the Borg.

Don't get me wrong. I prefer SW over Trek, but technology doesn't always win the battles. Of course it's helps (everyone knows that), but you use tactics like I stated above, you just might win. If you want to kill a battleship, don't fire from long distance - gut it's belly.

Opinions?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 10:44 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Re: For a Star Trek Victory over Star Wars in Battle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Opinions?

This did not need its own thread.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 10:57 PM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote