KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Link, the Hero of Hyrule

Respect Link, the Hero of Hyrule
Started by: First_Tsurugi06

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 02:43 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ugh, Twilight Princess

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 06:12 AM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

The canon version of TP has him left handed, that is to say, the GC version.

Edit: While I'm here I'm going to prove Link has super human reaction time.

In Majora's Mask Link faces Majora's three incarnations, one of which has some VERY scarey whips, now Majora's already a crazy powerful being about to destroy the planet, easily on super human levels. Now let's look at whips..

The crack of a whip is actually a sonic boom as the whip breaks the sound barrier, interesting, eh? This is just in th hands of a regular human.

Another factor is the length of the whip, the longer the whip is the faster it's tip is moving! This is because when you swing something, for example a sword, the section closest to your shoulder has a shorter distance to go in the same time. In the case of Majora's extremely long, powerful, magicly enhanced whips, these were easily moving at super sonic speeds, and Link dodged them capably as a child! Impressive? Hell yes.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Mar 11th, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 10:14 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Only if you proved he ever dodged them. smile

And I call bullshit, Whips make a sonic boom now? And whips do not travel at the speed of sound sir, you are full of shit.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 12:33 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier

"Some common whips such as the bullwhip or sparewhip are able to move faster than sound: the tip of the whip breaks the sound barrier and causes a sharp crack—literally a sonic boom."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 12:51 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I know what the sound barrier is. no expression

You have not proved a Whip breaks it.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 12:53 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Read the article, it's in the first part very early on. =/ I can get more sources if you want, lol. It's common knowledge really,and was even on mythbusters.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 12:55 AM
CosmicComet

I'm kinda surprised you didn't know about it already TGE.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 12:56 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The tip of the whip breacks the sound barrier, the whole bloody thing does not move faster than sound.

Yay for taking things out of context.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 12:58 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

In the case of Majora's whips sheer length would result in more than just the very tip moving at super sonci speed, and OBVIOUSLY the part closest to Majora can;t move that fast as it has not NEAR the same distance to travel in the same distance of time. That;s basic physics. o_o that's like gauging the speed of it by it's handle, the attack itself is still on sonic levels, and still has to be dodge by Link, which it was.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:02 AM
NemeBro

Only Majora's whip also did not have the crack that is characteristic of a bullwhip, meaning it was NOT moving faster than sound.

It was essentially like being hit by a log, more brute force than the smack of a whip.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:05 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Only Majora's whip also did not have the crack that is characteristic of a bullwhip, meaning it was NOT moving faster than sound.

It was essentially like being hit by a log, more brute force than the smack of a whip.

Yes it did, lol. It might not have sounded the exact same but hey, such was the N64. it did have the crack though, I remember it specificly because I'm an audiophile and the ambience and SFX of Zelda games always made me enjoy the games more, lol.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:08 AM
CosmicComet

Sounds to me like more of an artistic inconsistency as far as sound goes from the game developers.

The visual characteristics of his whips, at least, is clear. In that they are meant to be whips.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:10 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

To assume that a normal man can break the sound barrier with a whip and Majora cannot is .. well a little insulting! =P

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:12 AM
Voyeur
The Martyr

Link's Feats

strength:

As to strength, Let me math.. He lifted a stone pillar resmebling black granite closest (a VERY heavy stone known for being retardedly heavy.)

granit article v
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~rmr/definition.html

an old reference says an "average" granite has a density of about 166.5 lb. per cubic foot, or about 2.6 times what the same volume of water would weigh. If its what commercial stone dealers call a "black granite" the density would likely be much higher."

(please log in to view the image)

K, working with only what we can SEE in this image, let's assume conservatively that Link is slightly above average height, around 6'2" or more seems reasonable, so we'll go with six. this rock is aprox 12208.32 cubic feet in volume. (JUST the visible part in the pic, not including the top half.) Now, if that means the average weight of white granite is 166.5 lbs per cubic foot... *math* 2032685.28 Lbs. That's the weight of JUST the visible portion of the pillar if we assume Link is 6' and the stone is light granite as opposed to black granite.

If a ton is 2000 lbs thats 1016.3 tons. and he THROWS IT.

Now I have to find something on black granite because that's the stone the pillars in OoT closest resemble.
BLACK GRANITE!

"Cambrian Black granite

Absorption by weight: 0.101%

Density: 179 pounds/cubic foot

(2,874 kg/cu.m)

Compressive strength: 22,122 psi (153 Mpa)

Modulus of rupture: 1,868 psi (12.92 Mpa)"

http://www.stoneworld.com/Articles/...000f932a8c0____ <--article.

Math time. 12208.32 (volume in cubic feet) x 179 (lbs per cubic foot) = 2185289.28 lbs. Just the visible portion. Link. Is. Amazing.. I didn't expect it to be THAT heavy.. wtf.. 1096.64 tons. .

Link like many others who are brought up has his own multiple forms to be able to shape shift and his strength as Goron Link is able to take down a Mechanical-Organic giant, super bull with his body alone. Not to mention the giant slabs he is able to punch away with ease while in the dungeon.

endurance:

Link surviving an explosion he took a point blank radius while still inside the Moon, that eventually disintegrated it (this scene is done in slow motion, rainbow is there for happy ending effects) Now 'Dawn of A New Day' is easily translated into only a few minutes time since with the Moon destroyed the Day would be immediate.

Link fell from that height of the Moon after surviving the explosion and the only counter argument to that has been there is no crater where he landed. Well last I checked if a humanoid is dropped from any height, extreme or not, there is no crater of impact because they are not heavy in weight. The explosion radius is clearly contained with in the Moon and so inertia kicks in and is canceled. So force of impact is all with in that moment of explosion, then Link would simply drop from the point there after.
example: suicide victims of 9/11 did not create craters and fell from greater heights.

another one is that as young Link, by only using the Hylian Shield on his back while crouching alone can withstand the pressure and weight of the King Dodongo. That is only his young body with out fully being physically developed it both situations.

Speed;Agility;Reflex:

Also noted in this fight that Majora uses whip based weapons that are able to travel faster then the speed of sound. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier That means those attacks from Majora break the sound barrier, which means they are faster then the speed of sound, and Link can react and dodge them accordingly. Link is faster then the speed of what it takes to break the sound barrier. And thus upon breaking it, and Link showing he can dodge them with ease proves his speed, agility and reflex all in one go. Young Link, Adult Link or any of his forms would all be capable of this respectively.

Link's Items & Weapons
Weapons

I T E M S

Masks aka Other Forms

LINK's abilities:
Link is the hero of time with many abilities.

Link is an exceptional swordsman. His skill with various weapons and items allows him to easily adapt and master each new tool he acquires and employ them in battles. Link shows himself to be an excellent marksman. Including but not restricted to with a Bow and Arrow, Boomerang, Slingshot, HookShot, ClawShot etc. etc.

Link is also very agile, proven as he is able to perform back-flips and somersaults with ease to dodge his enemies' attacks at the very start of his adventures.

Additionally, Link has proven to be very strong physically, as he is usually able to move heavy objects and overpower larger enemies rather easily. Along the fact his power to ride a giant Boar, and his horseback riding skills are impeccable.

In the "Oracle of Seasons", Link is shown to have at least some skills in hand-to-hand combat with the boxing mini-game and in Twilight Princess, he is taught the art of sumo wrestling by the mayor of Ordon Village; proving Link isn't completely defenseless without a weapon.

Link even uses magic in the form of spells. On several occasions he has even been able to shape shift into another form including a fairy, bunny, wolf, Deku, Goron, Zora, a Giant, and a Deity.

Finally, he is endowed with the powers of the Triforce of Courage.

The Legend of Zelda
-Sword Beams: able to fire energy blasts from Sword
-Spin Attack: Charged or otherwise, with or with out magical energy released from it, this attack is a circular based one with critical consequence.
(side note: these attacks are also translated and relate to the other titles in which they appear. Same goes for Sword Plant, Rocket Stab, Lunge and so on)

Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
-Shield: (buff) reduces all damage taken by half
-Jump: (buff) Link's jumping abilities are greatly increased
-Life: (buff) Regenerates Health
-Fairy: (buff) Transforms Link into a Fairy
-Fire: (ranged) A ranged fire attack from the Sword
-Reflect: (buff) Nullifies and reflects all attacks
-Spell: (aoe) Transforms all Enemies into a Bot
-Thunder: (aoe) destroys all Enemies.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Bombos: (aoe) creates a giant explosion
Ether: (aoe) immobilize all enemies
Quake: (aoe) creates an earthquake

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Excluded since it's a dream, other wise this Link would be unbeatable.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Din's Fire: (aoe) Creates a dome of intense Fire to disintegrate
Farore's Wind: (buff) Create a Warp Point to teleport at any time
Nayru's Love (buff) Create a protective barrier to reduce damage

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Deku Link: can hover/fly and shoot poison bubbles
Goron Link: unbridled strength & can spin around at extreme velocity
Zora Link: Energy Shield, ranged fins, & unlimited breath under water
Giant Link: need I say more?
Fierce Deity Link: Deity means a god, so yeah =3

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Hidden Skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLg5beoBbAU
-Ending Blow
-Shield Attack
-Back Slice
-Helm Splitter
-Mortal Draw
-Jump Strike
-Great Spin

Super Smahs Bros. Series
Final Smash:

The move hits multiple enemies.

SSE:

(side note: being able to side step and dodge Fox's laser is proof he could dodge a bullet. Lets also state that by official translation of Nintendo that Farore's wind can be used as a quick teleportation)

SoulCalibur 2

Illusion Stab Combo, also in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

for the sake of length I have not gone to deeply into each specific Link by assuming all the basics are kept through out each one.

credits: ScreamPaste
references: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Zeldapedia

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:24 AM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I believe LttP Link was taught how to wield and use a sword by his uncle.

An organized Link respect thread with all the different versions of Link being split would be nice. Would take a lot of effort though

Hmm...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 02:29 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Voyeur
The Martyr

I'd do it if I was allowed to make a new respect thread for Link. It would be super easy to be honest.

and there is actually a really easy time line theory to go by in which there is just one Link. Even up from OoT to TP but I'd have to boggle your minds with simple time paradox understandings and probably waste time.

But, umm if I wont get reported for it. I'll make a new, more sensible and organized Link respect thread.

E D I T: actually I'd probably give all the information to some one else who actually likes Link and have them post it and run it because I do like LoZ: I just don't have a big boner for Link.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:24 AM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't remember the rules, but I don't see the problem with it.

The Comics Respect Forum has different threads for different versions. However some might get out of hand and start posting stupid shit like "Respect Marvel vs Capcom 2 Ryu." That would honestly suck. However since Link has so many different incarnations that are all different(except OoT/MM Link) I think it would work.

BTW good job posting those feats. You and Eneru have done a nice job showing what Link has done.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:32 AM
Voyeur
The Martyr

well not only the OoT and Majora's Mask Link are the one and the same (along with easily chained other games with very reasonable census of agreement) with the same universe and time Line, but the A Link to the Past is the same one that fights and goes to find and destroy Soul Edge in Soul Calibur 2, based on clear given background facts that I can quote.

Umm...I'll let scream paste have some posts later and he can do one up. This won't be for a while since I want to work on my own favorite gaming character Respect thread first, since she's awesome.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:38 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Voyeur
well not only the OoT and Majora's Mask Link are the one and the same (along with easily chained other games with very reasonable census of agreement) with the same universe and time Line, but the A Link to the Past is the same one that fights and goes to find and destroy Soul Edge in Soul Calibur 2, based on clear given background facts that I can quote.

Umm...I'll let scream paste have some posts later and he can do one up. This won't be for a while since I want to work on my own favorite gaming character Respect thread first, since she's awesome.

I would love to see those background facts because A Link to the Past is my fav Zelda.

Fair enough.

I just voiced the thought because Link deserves it.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:48 AM