KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » UFC vs Boxing

What is the better fighting sport?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
UFC 32 65.31%
Boxing 17 34.69%
Total: 49 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UFC vs Boxing
Started by: Wil Deidara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mr.smiley

I think if with "better" you mean all around combat sport, then I would have to say it's a fact MMA is better.
If it is ment on pure entertainment level,then I would say that is totaly opinion.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 12:09 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
handsdown

mma is cool because it is in relative terms more practical to learn to addapt to the situation.and modern boxing is stupid it is like 8 2 minute rounds so the endurence aspect is less important and it is more complex to avoid punches,kicks,knees,elbows.it is easier to box as a boxer mma is difficult to say the least. a mma guy can beat a boxer if the mma guy is good on the ground

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 11:13 PM
handsdown is currently offline Click here to Send handsdown a Private Message Find more posts by handsdown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

If you want all around then ufc but as far as hand to hand abilities you get more from boxing. Styles like in-fighting, outfighting, speed-fighting, boxing, brawling, counter punching. A boxers punching ability is on a completely different level than even a ufc fighter. You dont really see how different til you see them on the street. Funniest thing I will every remember was I saw a dude 6.2 300lb challenge a 5.6 140 pound prize fighter. He starched the dude on the first punch. Zab Judah has done that to a couple of big dudes as well.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 02:39 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nyan Cat
Restricted

Account Restricted

To watch, Boxing... Striking in MMA is usually shit.

MMA is flawed in favour of grapplers at it's very core rule wise.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 01:42 AM
Nyan Cat is currently offline Click here to Send Nyan Cat a Private Message Find more posts by Nyan Cat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I like the UFC as much as the next guy, but boxing is about a million times more exciting to watch than most MMA matches. The majority of MMA matches boil down to a few seconds of fighting, and then one fighter leaning the other guy against the cage, or laying on top of him for four minutes.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 11:46 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

K1

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 12:22 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I like the UFC as much as the next guy, but boxing is about a million times more exciting to watch than most MMA matches. The majority of MMA matches boil down to a few seconds of fighting, and then one fighter leaning the other guy against the cage, or laying on top of him for four minutes.

Equally boring are boxing matches where the two guys just dance around for 12 rounds. You see, any combat sport can be boring when the two guys don't actively engage each other, and just play grab-ass. Besides, MMA has rules that do not allow for inactivity. And that tends to happen more in one-style MA tournaments/fights, especially grappling ones. BJJ tourneys where they wear gi's can be boring as hell, and too often they just lay there playing patty cake. But that's actually systematic, because they're often coached to be passive and wait to capitalize on mistakes. Though, in general, I think striking is much more exciting to watch than two dudes rolling around on the floor. I'd rather watch a pure Muay Thai or Taekwondo fight over a BJJ match any day of the week.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 06:23 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

To me, boring Boxing > boring MMA.

But then again, I'm always right.

Anyway, K1.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 08:39 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxman1180
Restricted

Account Restricted

BOth bring entertainment. So I like both sport.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 11:53 AM
maxman1180 is currently offline Click here to Send maxman1180 a Private Message Find more posts by maxman1180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

Re: UFC vs Boxing

Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
What is the better fighting sport?

Better?

In entertainment, its purely opinionated, but I would easily say mma. Boxing is too slow, its technical but just to slow. They punch a lot and not much happens... knockouts do happen but they dont come as often as I would like, especially at the professional levels, and even then when using your hands the knockouts can only be so different.

MMA has a lot more variety, and (as already stated) has much more too it. Pretty much every fighting style is incorporated, so it obviously takes more technique in more categories, and watching someone get slammed on there head or superman punched to the face is a lot more entertaining that "jab jab clinch jab jab hook".

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:23 AM
cool_ghost is currently offline Click here to Send cool_ghost a Private Message Find more posts by cool_ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boxing isnt fighting, is dancing wth punches. MMA is lightyears ahead.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 03:43 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

by lightyears ahead you mean flat footed roid monkeys swinging wildly for a KO & dry humping eachother then yes

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 11:52 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

No, by light years ahead, he means that boxing is the most limited form of combat sports. It's fun to watch, but Floyd Mayweather isn't stopping Dominick Cruz from putting him on his ass with the philly shell defense.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 01:52 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Any top boxer would demolish any top MMA guy.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 07:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Pay no mind to Omega Spawn. He still thinks Bruce Lee could one inch punch Anderson Silva to death.

Robtard is just being funny. I hope.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 12:22 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by StyleTime
Robtard is just being funny. I hope.

This. Otherwise, the second syllable of his username is apt.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 02:17 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dbonelli80

You must mean mixed martial arts or vale tudo.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 08:36 AM
dbonelli80 is currently offline Click here to Send dbonelli80 a Private Message Find more posts by dbonelli80 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I think with those 4 oz mma gloves Floyd Mayweather could tko Dominic Cruz before he can shoot for a double leg. embarrasment

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 10:36 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think with those 4 oz mma gloves Floyd Mayweather could tko Dominic Cruz before he can shoot for a double leg. embarrasment

(please log in to view the image)

Good one.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 03:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

This is what Tyson in his prime would say to any MMA guy shooting for his legs:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=mike...,r:15,s:0,i:101

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 13th, 2012 at 06:17 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 06:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote