KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » UFC vs Boxing

What is the better fighting sport?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
UFC 32 65.31%
Boxing 17 34.69%
Total: 49 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UFC vs Boxing
Started by: Wil Deidara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Last time I checked you didn't need a 13-1-1 record to be a pro boxer. There are many bjj bb who fight in mma who could go pro.

It may be self-explanatory, but it's from out of left field since it's irrelevant to what we were talking about. Becoming a pro boxer isn't hard, Kimbo Slice did it. Becoming a good pro boxer is hard. I never referenced championship boxers or championship mixed martial artist. I think you're high.

I was talking this whole time about Chris Lytle, who was a good professional boxer. Then you interjected with saying that pretty much anybody can become a pro boxer. Obviously I wasn't talking about black belts in BJJ who, out of the blue with no training become professional boxers and get smoked every time they box. Nobody does that anyway.

Old Post May 10th, 2012 04:35 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

No you weren't.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 10th, 2012 03:55 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 10th, 2012 04:05 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Old Post May 10th, 2012 05:34 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Yup.

Boxing.

Ha! Where have you been the last 19 years?

Old Post May 13th, 2012 09:10 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
why?

striking is a part of MMA & tyson is notorious for his punching power

most MMA fighters are brawlers anyways which is suicide against Tyson...

he'd connect & KO most MMA fighters easily considering the only thing they can do is try & close the distance & grapple him.

Bias MMA fans are biased

This is as daft as it was first time i saw it. Tyson has no take down defense. Then add the fact that him attempting to close the distance against a decent wrestler or guy with decent double leg would mean he would be off balance and not even in a good position to sprawl in the first place. More likely than not he gets put on his ass and ground and pounded or submitted. Heck against a guy like tyson, whose only weapons are his hands, his opponent could afford to go for a really low shot and still have high odds of getting him down.

Having ko power does not translate into victory in a fight

And no im not a biased MMA fan, Im just as big a fan of boxing as I am MMA and got introduced to MMA through boxing. Im merely acknowledging reality as even Tyson himself would disagree with you

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Last edited by Naija boy on May 13th, 2012 at 09:48 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2012 09:44 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Originally posted by Naija boy
This is as daft as it was first time i saw it. Tyson has no take down defense. Then add the fact that him attempting to close the distance against a decent wrestler or guy with decent double leg would mean he would be off balance and not even in a good position to sprawl in the first place. More likely than not he gets put on his ass and ground and pounded or submitted. Heck against a guy like tyson, whose only weapons are his hands, his opponent could afford to go for a really low shot and still have high odds of getting him down.

Having ko power does not translate into victory in a fight

And no im not a biased MMA fan, Im just as big a fan of boxing as I am MMA and got introduced to MMA through boxing. Im merely acknowledging reality as even Tyson himself would disagree with you

If only there was a 'like' button for this post...

Old Post May 14th, 2012 01:14 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Phoenix2001
Ha! Where have you been the last 19 years?
Earth.

What about you?

Old Post May 14th, 2012 02:55 AM
I play triangle
Restricted

Account Restricted

The rules of the UFC are biased against strikers. for instance downward elbows to the back of MMA fighters attempting takedowns as seen on fight quest cause backs to spasm and MMA fighters to fall on their faces. So much for the takedown....

Old Post May 14th, 2012 01:03 PM
I play triangle is currently offline Click here to Send I play triangle a Private Message Find more posts by I play triangle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Earth.

What about you?

Apparently, a different Earth from yours.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 12:09 AM
Mindset

Apparently, a different Earth from yours.
Apparently.

Well, welcome back to reality.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 12:11 AM
Phoenix2001

Originally posted by I play triangle
The rules of the UFC are biased against strikers. for instance downward elbows to the back of MMA fighters attempting takedowns as seen on fight quest cause backs to spasm and MMA fighters to fall on their faces. So much for the takedown....

Right, because standing the fights up so lessens the striker's chances roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 15th, 2012 12:11 AM
Phoenix2001

Apparently.

Well, welcome back to reality.

Oh, no, you have it wrong. My Earth is the right one, and I don't think you were here before, soooo... Welcome to Reality.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 12:15 AM
Mindset

Oh, no, you have it wrong. My Earth is the right one, and I don't think you were here before, soooo... Welcome to Reality.
Would have been faster to say, "nuh uh".

Anyway.

Concession accepted. Boxing wins.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 12:46 AM
Phoenix2001

Would have been faster to say, "nuh uh".

Anyway.

Concession accepted. Boxing wins.

Nope. MMA.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 02:06 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

While I agree with you on the boxing vs. MMA topic, this shit right here? ...

Old Post May 15th, 2012 06:07 AM
Phoenix2001

Originally posted by batdude123
While I agree with you on the boxing vs. MMA topic, this shit right here? ...

Umm... well, he tells me 'welcome back to reality' and my post that you seem bewildered by is merely a response to that... I don't understand what your issue is with it.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 11:09 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by batdude123

Old Post May 15th, 2012 04:32 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by I play triangle

If you depend on a downward elbow to save you, you are a terrible striker to begin with. Not to mention, we've seen elbows to the back have no effect whatsoever on fighters in the past.

Quit playing Theory Fighter 2 and accept the reality about fights. The best way to neutralize a grappler, is learning how to grapple yourself. You don't have to go to the ground just because you can grapple. Rashad Evans was able to stop Jon Jones's takedowns, because Rashad knows how to wrestle. He kept the fight standing solely because of his wrestling ability.
Umm... well, he tells me 'welcome back to reality' and my post that you seem bewildered by is merely a response to that... I don't understand what your issue is with it.

They are screwing with you bro.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 15th, 2012 at 05:28 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2012 05:13 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

JJ would shoot for a takedown and I'd knee his face off.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 06:10 PM