KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star wars saga is comming to blu Ray

Star wars saga is comming to blu Ray
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Abit off topic

what do you guys think of blu ray ? I think its fantastic the pic quilty is mind blowing . I only have 50 dvds so am gonna upgrade all my collection.

what about you guys ?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 10:11 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I like it. I only have a 32 inch Full HD screen and I must say regular DVD's hold up quite well. So I've decided to buy Blu Rays of films I don't own yet, with a few exceptions (Blade Runner, Stanley Kubricj films, SW, Godfather prolly).

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 10:56 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I like it. I only have a 32 inch Full HD screen and I must say regular DVD's hold up quite well. So I've decided to buy Blu Rays of films I don't own yet, with a few exceptions (Blade Runner, Stanley Kubricj films, SW, Godfather prolly).

I have not seen Blade Runner yet. How good is it?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 11:58 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

does blu ray blow you away or is it just me ?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 01:54 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by coolmovies
does blu ray blow you away or is it just me ?

I wouldn't say it blows me away but it looks a lot better than DVDs.

It looks amazing.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 08:03 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by sweersa
I have not seen Blade Runner yet. How good is it?

Not seen at all or just teh Blu Ray?

Well, as for the Blu Ray... it's looks uber crisp.

The only odd thing is that you actually get to distinguish the different film stocks... grain sometime varies in different set ups. It's so darn crisp you get to see stuff you're not supposed to see. But the nice side is: you're able to read the itty pitty texts in the background. You can evens tand up close to the screen to read them. Bizarre...

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 07:34 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Not seen at all or just teh Blu Ray?

Well, as for the Blu Ray... it's looks uber crisp.

The only odd thing is that you actually get to distinguish the different film stocks... grain sometime varies in different set ups. It's so darn crisp you get to see stuff you're not supposed to see. But the nice side is: you're able to read the itty pitty texts in the background. You can evens tand up close to the screen to read them. Bizarre...

I have never really seen it at all, the blu-ray sounds amazing. I hope GL puts out a nice HD copy of SW.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 11:58 AM
coolmovies

They say its six times sharper then dvd. Anyway i was thinking of buying die hard on blu

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 02:05 PM
sweersa

They say its six times sharper then dvd. Anyway i was thinking of buying die hard on blu

The new one? I love that movie! All of them. My favorite has to be the first one though, then the newest one.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 02:12 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by sweersa
I have never really seen it at all, the blu-ray sounds amazing. I hope GL puts out a nice HD copy of SW.

Some people get a tad disappointed. It's not a fast film. It's really a cult film, with the most amazing looks. When you see it and the look feels familiar because you saw it kinda before: this is the movie where they got it from.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 03:05 PM
coolmovies

Yes the first two die hard films are the best

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 05:28 PM
sweersa

I like the 1988 First one, then the new one, then the 3rd one in NY, and last the 2nd one.

The new one was different becuase he was fighting a totally different kind of enemy.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:50 PM
coolmovies

2 is under rated i love the movie

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 08:07 PM
sweersa

2 is under rated i love the movie

I guess, I liked all of them but I think that one is my least fav.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 08:47 PM
coolmovies

Back to the topic before queeq tells me off. Am expecting the 6 disk sw box set to come out this year becouse the PT is 10 years old

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 12:11 PM
sweersa

Back to the topic before queeq tells me off. Am expecting the 6 disk sw box set to come out this year becouse the PT is 10 years old

Well TPM is 10, the rest are younger. Still...they seem to be creeping into cinematic history fast. When the fans of that generation grow up I believe the PT will have a better reputation than the old fans are giving it today.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 03:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

At best, only among SW geeks. The OT is loved well beyond the boundaries of SW geekdom.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 10:15 PM
sweersa

At best, only among SW geeks. The OT is loved well beyond the boundaries of SW geekdom.

We Star Wars nerds and geeks are not to be underestimated.

The PT didn't sell well just becuase of the SW name, if that was true The Clone Wars would have done better, the PT is amazing just like the OT.

Except the OT isn't as exciting in some parts for today's youth.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 03:11 AM
queeq
Chaos

The PT won't last.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 09:04 AM
sweersa

The PT won't last.

Only time will tell.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 11:49 AM