KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2008

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2008
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am not sure Trayas would work with the RP system...

Those ships are only a clue if you think Katai is a cat. They are actually Kilrathi ships from Wing Commander...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 09:50 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I wouldn't know. And no, he probably wouldn't...

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 10:39 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Not too much of a spoiler, but I'll put them up for people who don't wanna have anything at all revealed. Dark Siders might start poking me a little after this though...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It may interest the Darkies that while playing as an Adventurer, attempting to play the game as though Wentar was the Jedi, I found out the race of Mr. 4 armed jedi guy and a few bits and pieces of other info concerning the data crystal. =P

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 01:07 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

I haven't kept up with the Dark Siders, but this looks like fun! big grin

I hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 03:57 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Craft
Not too much of a spoiler, but I'll put them up for people who don't wanna have anything at all revealed. Dark Siders might start poking me a little after this though...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It may interest the Darkies that while playing as an Adventurer, attempting to play the game as though Wentar was the Jedi, I found out the race of Mr. 4 armed jedi guy and a few bits and pieces of other info concerning the data crystal. =P

Already found that stuff stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 07:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Haha, I like it. Got 11 my first time through...

Where's the HHGG reference?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 10:32 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Quick bug report (at least, I assume it's a bug):
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: As a swordsman, when you choose to fight the walkers outside the temple, and then to attack the sentry gun with your lightsabre, the result you receive is the one from when you choose to dodge past the walkers. P332 is the paragraph that comes after the result (sorry, I didn't get the page for the options.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I just quickly ran through, it's the option on P326 - selecting option 1 leads to P327, then P322.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Last edited by Trickster on Dec 26th, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 10:47 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Hi there!

I had a busy Christmas, but I will try to play the game tomorrow, I am sure it will be fun! You choose lightside templates for this, I understand?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 11:09 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Yeah, you are an Adventurer, Swordsman, or an Acolyte.

Needless to say, I took the Acolyte!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 01:03 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I have just started as Adventurer. I just started resistance against invaders and have 2 points.

How do Jovano soldiers look like, like the Sith soldiers in KOTOR?

Edit -just died in first fight, what a shame. Should I try to play the same way to the point I lost, or play differently this time?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Dec 27th, 2008 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 06:03 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I did Swordsman first, naturally big grin

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 06:06 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

If you play the Adventurer, Melkor, you're not totally incompetent in a fight but you're going to want to play witty.

Yeah, I noticed that one too, Tanic. That's how I got a 13 as a Swordsman, haha.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 06:33 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Pfft, you got 13 points by cheating then!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 06:39 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, but it was totally the Galder option. Kill everyone... twice!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 06:46 PM
Lord Melkor

I just finished the game as Adventurer, with score of 9. I died three times before.

Well done, Ush, I like it and I am replaying as Swordsman asap!

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 08:07 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I just finished my first time through and got a 12.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 08:35 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Finished as Acolyte and got 11.

What do you mean that there is "one true path" to finish the game, Ush?

And Rex, how did you get the chat with Malphas?

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Dec 27th, 2008 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 09:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'One true path' means although it is a multi-path story, there is one path through the game that is considered to be the 'actual' one as it were- or, if you prefer, the one that happened historically.

Thanks for bug reports- I will forward them all to my brother.

Some points now we are a few days in:

- To get maximum points you must get to Trayas' command center before you reach the starport (you'll know because there is a save point there which you can otherwise bypass, but if you bypass it you don't score for that section)

- There is a skill based, a sword based and a force based way to kill Trayas so no template is left out. My brother implies that Trayas is actually underpowered for a Darth and has made up for it with his multi-forming; a decent Jedi was able to overcome this

- If you are searching for the correct ship to look for, then you've missed a bit; The max points path has the chance of you knowing what ship to look for (skipping the search section) before you get there.

- Both the family you can rescue near the start and the pachyderms you can calm near thr start will turn up again later in the right place.

- The max score of 14 was scored by me as an Acolyte. It involved a lot of risk taking, but my philosophy was that I seemed to be able to make up for bad fights with med kits more than I could fluffed Force rolls that I needed.

Meanwhile, we can play the 'my first time I got to the starport' game...

The first time I got to the starport... was through the underpass whilst helping refugees.

What was yours? There are many different paths.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 27th, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 11:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I basically stormed the place with a group of guerrilla fighters.

Rather predictably me, I think :P

Old Post Dec 27th, 2008 11:24 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ok then just played for the second time and got a 13.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 12:20 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote