KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2008

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2008
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Exciting! It will be nice to examine that time period once again. Whether we play a KOTOR game or not, this seems to be kind of the backdrop to the current campaign.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post May 11th, 2009 05:26 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

...Island of Fire just makes me think of Guild Wars now...

Also, yay Dark Siders! big grin

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 11th, 2009 07:45 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yay evil triumphant!

Old Post May 11th, 2009 07:49 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Cool, go Darkside! I hope you that you can do some evil backstabbing in this new game.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post May 11th, 2009 09:06 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hard to backstab in a game of all against all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 11th, 2009 09:08 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Now we know not to be your character's friend, Melkor. stick out tongue

Definitely trying out Brute to start with. Is that in the same vein as Chion?

Old Post May 11th, 2009 09:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 11th, 2009 09:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Yay! The last one was neat. This one should be too!

Nice trick.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 09:48 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Update- Island of Fire has begun testing! Err, by me.

It is a considerably more complex piece of programming to get bug free, as instead of having branching linear paths it is instead set in one large non-linear setting; you can constantly re-visit locations and change things (by killing opponents or disabling traps etc.) and the game needs to accurately reflect what you have been doing, rather than have dead enemies be in the same place again etc. That being the case, bug-testing will take a little bit.

I can, however, report the following:

- The game opens with a Jovano ceremonial funeral- with three coffins

- The all-rounder this time, the Marauder, has taken the Guns option rather than the Pilot one.

- There is a whole cast of rivals to face off against

- You get to meet and talk to Darth Malphas in person

- The death descriptions are as gruesome as you might expect for a Dark Side game. The general violence/unpleasantness levels are definitely up!

- It is considerably more difficult than Fall of Damaria. You WILL need to make a map.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 25th, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 01:09 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Sounds complicated.

Eeeeeeexcellent.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 02:51 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hey, I've proven myself to be not terrible at map-making.

Wanna play wanna play wanna play...

big grin

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 03:45 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Hey, I've proven myself to be not terrible at map-making.

Wanna play wanna play wanna play...

big grin

You mean like your Paranoia maps? stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 03:47 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I meant more the one I made in Matrix because everyone was getting all confused, thanks stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 03:48 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

...I like the Paranoia maps better. stick out tongue

"How big are the holes?"
"Um... here. This big?"

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 03:50 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Three coffins, hmm? I don't suppose that is related to Belseraphon in any way?

Sounds exciting, can't wait.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 04:56 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

And not the Map made in Techno right Lana?

And Man I wanna play Paranoia... I was thinking about that last night.
I might just up and buy the books or whatever and try to run some games around here..

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 07:54 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

If I remember correctly, I didn't actually make the Techno map. I just took it from a word file and stitched it together in Photoshop to make it much easier to deal with stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 08:23 PM