KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » I have found my religion

I have found my religion
Started by: Da Pittman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I guess it depends how you define or view blasphemy.

Oh definitely.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Well, Buddhism does not consider the belief in Christianity to be blasphemous. Maybe that is a sign of religious maturity. wink

aka being faithless?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:02 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Well, Buddhism does not consider the belief in Christianity to be blasphemous. Maybe that is a sign of religious maturity. wink

Sounds more like lack of conviction.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:03 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Or an acknowledgement of the fallibility of the human psyche. If someone can be a better person by following Christian doctrine then I can think of no reason why the inaccuracy of the predictions & positions of those doctrines should be a barrier.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:07 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

So, we should go around the world and criticize everyone else for the wrongs they are doing instead of minding our own business? Would that give us more conviction? Would causing wars over blasphemous concepts give us more conviction?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:10 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Or an acknowledgement of the fallibility of the human psyche. If someone can be a better person by following Christian doctrine then I can think of no reason why the inaccuracy of the predictions & positions of those doctrines should be a barrier.

You can accept the existence of other religions and also accept the possibility that they may be correct and you may be wrong whilst still feeling that those religions are blasphemous according to your own belief system.

So, we should go around the world and criticize everyone else for the wrongs they are doing instead of minding our own business? Would that give us more conviction? Would causing wars over blasphemous concepts give us more conviction?

Minding our own business? Can I go all Godwin and bring up the Holocaust?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:10 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
You can accept the existence of other religions and also accept the possibility that they may be correct and you may be wrong whilst still feeling that those religions are blasphemous according to your own belief system.

Minding our own business? Can I go all Godwin and bring up the Holocaust?

There is a big difference between the religious wars of the past and WWII. There is also a big difference between being tolerant of peoples beliefs and putting up with the evil actions of people. However, we are now leaving the scope of this thread. I would love to continue if you open a new thread.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:17 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

The gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/081..._pt#reader-link

Talk about preachy book...sheesh.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:26 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

There is a big difference between the religious wars of the past and WWII. There is also a big difference between being tolerant of peoples beliefs and putting up with the evil actions of people. However, we are now leaving the scope of this thread. I would love to continue if you open a new thread.

Not really, your totally wrong. Now shoosh.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:27 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Not really, your totally wrong. Now shoosh.

Typical Christian... laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:28 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

In the old days I would have burned you by now...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:31 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Well that's just rude.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:33 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

laughing

Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Yum, roasted meatballs big grin

Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Well that's just rude.

It would be rude if I was talking to you, but if you read Grand-Moff-Gav reply, you will see that he was not offended. He can take it as well as give it out. That is why I like Grand-Moff-Gav. big grin

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:36 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Anyway, Pastafariamism is a dumb religion.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:37 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Anyway, Pastafariamism is a dumb religion.

But it is a well fed and happy religion. cool

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:38 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

But it is a well fed and happy religion. cool

With no real followers.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:40 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

With no real followers.

Popularity dictates the truth. wink

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:45 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

It isn't really a religion in the sense that no one actually believes in the existence of the FSM. It is a parody of religion designed to illustrate why faith should not inform science lessons because the "it can't be proven wrong, therefore it is an equally valid theory as anything else" argument is a falsehood.

With no real followers.

When I first read that I thought you were talking about Buddhism!

Last edited by Grand-Moff-Gav on Jan 2nd, 2009 at 07:55 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:53 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Red Nemesis

So basically . . . they lack conviction.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 08:14 PM