KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » I have found my religion

I have found my religion
Started by: Da Pittman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm...... lets try again in mental growth both in emotional and intellectual understanding......... "evolved"..

funny how some like to take apart someone's sentence because they have some deep seeded need to defend their personal beliefs from some sense of personal attack

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 11:34 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
hmm...... lets try again in mental growth both in emotional and intellectual understanding......... "evolved"..

funny how some like to take apart someone's sentence because they have some deep seeded need to defend their personal beliefs from some sense of personal attack

Now I'm so depressed.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 11:43 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

be happy its what i do..

rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 11:49 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Still not there, nor are you getting closer. You might want to just give up.

I wasn't 'taking apart your sentence' (no matter what your immature psychoanalysis decided) I was drawing attention to what I hoped was a simple slip of the tongue; I didn't think that you were actually ignorant of the mechanics and workings of evolution, although I see now that you are. Don't take this as a slight- many intelligent people don't understand basic science.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 11:56 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am well aware what it is you are pointing out i think it is pretty petty seeing that i can simply use another word like enlighten and you would understand... but the fact is you just cant let it go because i used evolved instead,,

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:02 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

i am well aware what it is you are pointing out i think it is pretty petty seeing that i can simply use another word like enlighten and you would understand... but the fact is you just cant let it go because i used evolved instead,,

Actually if you had said: "you would think we be more enlighten then that in a thousands yrs" someone would have just mocked your awful awful grammar and pointed out other flaws in the idea.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:13 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

First off, two commas =/= a period. We had that same problem with a troll a while ago, and I sincerely hope you don't catch that affliction.

You need to understand that words have meanings. One can not just spout off whatever word comes to mind: using a word outside of the proper context and meaning causes confusion and inaccuracies. Your use of the word 'evolution' was erroneous, and I informed you. If you had used 'enlightened' instead then you would not have been in error, so I wouldn't have to spell this out for you. (Although, in actuality, the word 'enlighten' has spiritual connotations that you might want to avoid.)

Chaos: I'm trying to curb the Grammar Nazi impulse: I intentionally found something to criticize that wasn't an error in grammatical conventions.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:16 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Don't take this as a slight- many intelligent people don't understand basic science. [/B]

So true.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 02:18 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote