KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Marv vs The Joker

Marv vs The Joker
Started by: Prime#

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prime#

We're using TDK Joker, since this is the Movie VS.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 06:39 PM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

movie.
Joker in TDK took on distracted bats and only had the element of surprise because of the dogs that were simultaneously attacking Bats.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:25 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I am talking about the fight at the farm, not at the church.

Memory cloudy, but he took out several armed cops with a hatchet, taking out Joker and his goons should be no harder.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Memory cloudy, but he took out several armed cops with a hatchet, taking out Joker and his goons should be no harder.
Marv had incredible luck there. If the last cop's machine pistol hadn't jammed, Marv would have been dead.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:32 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Originally posted by Sado22
movie.
Joker in TDK took on distracted bats and only had the element of surprise because of the dogs that were simultaneously attacking Bats.

Even after that (when Bats got up after knocking him on the floor), Joker attacked Batman with enough force to prevent him from launching a counterattack. He also managed to knock him down and pin him to the ground helplessly. In fact, he could have killed him had he wanted to.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:32 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Marv had incredible luck there. If the last cop's machine pistol hadn't jammed, Marv would have been dead.

Doubtful, he survived multiple machine gun fire, it stands to reason a pistol round or two wouldn't kill him, unless maybe a head-shot; that's neither here nor there, though.

You do realize that Miller wrote Marv as a nigh-indestructible killing machine on purpose, right?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:10 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Even after that (when Bats got up after knocking him on the floor), Joker attacked Batman with enough force to prevent him from launching a counterattack. He also managed to knock him down and pin him to the ground helplessly. In fact, he could have killed him had he wanted to.

Hahahahaahaahahahaaa, good one.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:11 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doubtful, he survived multiple machine gun fire, it stands to reason a pistol round or two wouldn't kill him, unless maybe a head-shot; that's neither here nor there, though.

You do realize that Miller wrote Marv as a nigh-indestructible killing machine on purpose, right?
yes

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:44 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Hahahahaahaahahahaaa, good one.

Umm... thanks...?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:55 AM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

Originally posted by Master Crimzon

Actually the fight went like this

Batman fights off dogs while Joker beats him with a lead pipe. Batman knocks Joker away. Batmans sonar cowl thingy goes on the fritz and while he's distracted, Joker shoves Batman into a net and then gets him into a lock him under a plank of some sort

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:58 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Prime#
Actually the fight went like this

Batman fights off dogs while Joker beats him with a lead pipe. Batman knocks Joker away. Batmans sonar cowl thingy goes on the fritz and while he's distracted, Joker shoves Batman into a net and then gets him into a lock him under a plank of some sort
Joker did what he had to to gain the upper hand. If it hadnt been for the knife thingies in Batmans gauntlet, he would have been killed/defeated/whatever.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:00 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

... if Joker didn't have two massive dogs at his disposal he would have gotten his ass kicked. no expression

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:10 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

Joker did what he had to to gain the upper hand. If it hadnt been for the knife thingies in Batmans gauntlet, he would have been killed/defeated/whatever.

Just pointing out the lack of any actual combat competance

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:17 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

ditto. he never had anything on Bats. Ever.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:17 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
... if Joker didn't have two massive dogs at his disposal he would have gotten his ass kicked. no expression
And if Batman didnt have all his gadgets and armor Batman would have been killed. Point?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:26 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

If the Joker and Batman fought each other and neither had any gadgets or help at all Batman would kill Joker 10/10 times. So what's your point?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:30 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
If the Joker and Batman fought each other and neither had any gadgets or help at all Batman would kill Joker 10/10 times. So what's your point?
I'm just saying that all movie characters bring their shit to a fight. Bat brought his armor and gadgets, Joker brought his dogs and a knife. "If this person hadn't had this or that" is bullshit.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:37 AM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

I agree. Besides, if Joker was an incompetent sissy, he wouldn't have been able to do anything to Batman. He's most definitely not.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm just saying that all movie characters bring their shit to a fight. Bat brought his armor and gadgets, Joker brought his dogs and a knife. "If this person hadn't had this or that" is bullshit.

You're missing the direct issue; is Joker a bad-ass fighter or just a sloppy brawler who knows how to wildly swing a pipe and lift his leg for a kick? From what we see in TDK, he's more the sloppy brawler.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 08:05 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're missing the direct issue; is Joker a bad-ass fighter or just a sloppy brawler who knows how to wildly swing a pipe and lift his leg for a kick? From what we see in TDK, he's more the sloppy brawler.
Like John McClaine.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 08:07 PM