KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jason Bourne vs John Mclane

Jason Bourne vs John Mclane
Started by: DantevsKratos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DantevsKratos
Enjoying the fight

Jason Bourne vs John Mclane

jason bourne has traveled to new york to hide out for awhile but is mistaken for a terrostist and none other than john mclane was sent to stop him
round 1 h2h
round 2 guns

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:20 AM
DantevsKratos is currently offline Click here to Send DantevsKratos a Private Message Find more posts by DantevsKratos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

H2H Mclane dies quickly and without pain

Not sure about guns.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 01:04 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Jason Bourne vs John Mclane

Even though John Mclane isn't a movie character, I stll say Bourne kicks the furniture makers ass.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 01:05 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah him too.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 01:21 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
yeah him too.

laughing out loud

McClane get's murdered before he can say Yippie k....

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 02:05 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, Bourne's H2H skills are WAY superior.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 05:33 AM
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Bourne takes this in H2H.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 05:38 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Bourne, no contest. Even if script writers make McClane win, he'd still lose. That's how good Bourne is.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 05:47 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well if it was a Die Hard movie, even if Bourne had John McClane kneeling with a Beretta to the back of his head, again I have to cite McClane's superior luck.

The gun'd jam or would magically be suddenly out of bullets or something.... Allowing McClane a spilt second or two to swing round and bite off Bournes testicles, spitting them back in Bourne's horrified face... and if that wouldn't be enough, McClane being McClane: A "Matttttttt Daaaaaaaaaaaaaay-miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin" taunt or two'd find their way in there at the finishing move.

Or summat like that. stick out tongue

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 4th, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 10:54 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Taken from the James Bond Forum ... (Bond vs Bauer Topic)

Originally posted by Placidity
Bond has better gadgets, but they are of no use to him in the first two scenarios.

Scenario 1: There have been many times when Jack has engaged a group of trained trained terrorists in direct gun fights, and obviously he always wins.
Winner: Bauer

Scenario 2: I can't decide here, they are both pretty good.
Winner: Tie.

Scenario 3: Not sure what is meant by all-out? Does this mean James Bond gets all his gadgets? Then he will get the edge.
Winner: Bond

Anyway, here's my take on (I repeat: My OPINION) the two characters, and I'll try to be unbiased.

Jack Bauer, being in Delta Force, SWAT and CTU definitely has more experience in CQB seeing he is in the field pretty much his whole adult life. IMO, this means he is more efficient with small arms and definitely has more experience with CQB tactics. His unarmed combat/H2H are also top tier. Being in the CIA, he has also honed his intelligence skills and knowledge.

Small Arms Efficiency: 5
CQB Tactics: 5
Unarmed Combat: 4
Stealth: 4
Intelligence: 4
Resources: 4
Resourcefulness: 4
Physical Fitness: 4
Exfiltration/Evasion: 4

Special Expertise: Special Weapons and Tactics, Military Operations Skills (e.g Helicopter Piloting, demolitions etc ) and Counter Terrorism.

James Bond, on the other hand, while I'm sure also has a impressive military record, has spent most of his later life working in espionage. Of course, he is still an assassin, and has vast experience in this aspect. Typically, Bond's style is more that of a spy, using his charm, deception and wits to accomplish his goals, a more classy character. Of course, make no mistake, he can resort to more drastic measures when he needs to, and he is definitely just as capable in that department. Also, he has a better intelligence skills due to his line of work. In addition, he also has a load of high tech gadgets.

Small Arms Efficiency: 4
CQB Tactics: 4
Unarmed Combat: 4
Stealth: 5
Intelligence: 5
Resources: 5
Resourcefulness: 4
Physical Fitness: 5
Exfiltration/Evasion: 5

Special Expertise: Assassination, Infiltration by Stealth, Infiltration by going Undercover, efficient use of High tech gadgets and Espionage/Reconnaissance.

So IMO, they are both elite, but they also excel in different aspects. So overall, who is really better depends on the circumstances.

Also, sorry if this is irrelevant but I must include a stat profile for my favorite character:

Jason Bourne:

Small Arms Efficiency: 5
CQB Tactics: 5
Unarmed Combat: 5
Stealth: 5
Intelligence: 5
Resources: 2
Resourcefulness: 5
Physical Fitness: 5
Exfiltration/Evasion: 5

Special Expertise: Assassination, Infiltration, Exfiltration, Gathering Intelligence, Unarmed Combat, Operation of Automobiles, Survival Skills, Reconnaissance.

Key:

Small Arms Efficiency: Skill with small arms.

CQB Tactics: Knowledge and experience involving CQB Tactics

Unarmed Combat: Skill at H2H combat

Stealth: Ability to infiltrate an area undetected successfully

Intelligence: Experience and Knowledge in gathering intelligence.

Resources: Resources at his disposal. This includes gadgets, wealth and intelligence provided by external parties (e.g CTU or MI6) etc.

Resourcefulness: Ability to use objects or surrounding to one's advantage.

Physical Fitness: Level of Endurance, Strength, Speed and Agility.

Exfiltration/Evasion: Ability to evade enemies or get out of sticky situations unaided.

All categories rated out of 5.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:03 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Oh wait that was kinda silly, this is a "Vs McClane" topic.

But seriously guys, Boune headshots him while falling from at least 10 stories high.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:05 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I have a grievance with that list.

Craig-Bond is on par with Bourne in H2H, he may lack some of the fancier moves to a degree, but he makes up for it with sheer ferocity and endurance. Both were shown to be capable of taking out several well trained and armed men with little difficulty.

He's also just as good with guns.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:09 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Hmm... Bond fights trained men, but Bourne fights the most deadly assassins in the world.

With Bond, his fighting style is very rough and more "realistic" I guess. Bourne on the other hand is much more graceful and calculating, even when he takes blows he acts like its nothing. Usually Bourne and his opponent can read each other and it comes down to experience and skill. Bond seems to go with the flow and the fights are very random (or uncontrolled, for the lack of a better word).

I guess its very subjective, but for me, its very apparent Bourne is more skilled after watching the two.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:17 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I pretty much agree Bourne has more skill over-all, but what Bond lacks there, he make up in pure brutality, endurance and not much phases him.

Have you seen QOS?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:33 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Bond is also a jammy, jammy bastard like McClane renowned for his escapes against ridiculously threatening situation..

Had Bourne even had to contend with the prospect of having his goolies burned off by laser...? I think not... stick out tongue

I could actually see him doing Bourne, and even killing McClane.
(Assuming that McClane doesnt luck out in some spectacularly jammy way, that is.)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:33 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If 'rediculous levels of luck' is a viable aspect of the fight, McClane has a rating of 6 on the 5-scale.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:37 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Robtard
I pretty much agree Bourne has more skill over-all, but what Bond lacks there, he make up in pure brutality, endurance and not much phases him.

Have you seen QOS?

Yes, he's still has a very rough style though. I mean Bourne will be able to read him easily. He seems alot more tough in QoS compared to CR though. He takes more punishment jumping and falling from heights and recovers pretty quickly, but if you think about it, Bourne also beats him in this department.

Something I noticed is that Bond never really fights straight up. His fights are always kinda like running around (running for a gun, tackling the guy etc). I guess his fights are always moving around, whereas Bourne and his opponents fight in a more static manner.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:41 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's a combo. In QOS, he had a Bourne-like fight in the Haitian apartment. Took out the four MI6 agents in the confines of the elevator. The two policemen in the street.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 11:48 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

There is little doubt that the worse situation in the entire world would be:

*Opens prestigious silver envelope*

"....................Being found in bed with Bond's wife."

(With the runner up being "You have shagged and killed Holly Genarro, and McClane catches you, after this, drinking the last beer in his fridge")

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:01 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

McClane pwns. he has had glass in his feat big grin

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 04:15 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote