KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jason Bourne vs John Mclane

Jason Bourne vs John Mclane
Started by: DantevsKratos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
Sorry, Vs forums aren't a popularity contest of which character you like more.
But I choose to treat them that way.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:08 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then you're wrong, objectively.

Why can you not accept this and move on? These forums are not fictitious or subjective, they are here for a purpose you are ignoring in favour of what you think would be better.

You are wrong, by fact.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t478590.html

The forum rules.

"6) However, if you start the thread in a more proper manner, like this for example:

Robocop vs. Terminator: One is a cyborg cop and the other a cybernetic organism designed for killing. Which of these two would win?

-Robocop's feats are (explain his feats) and Terminator's feats are (explain his feats).

-Here are some images of both characters in a fight. [insert pics here, but must be relevant to the topic]

-So based on this info provided, who wins?".

What about that don't you grasp?

Respect Forums are what you're looking for.

Originally posted by §P0oONY
My way is even more ridiculous in your eyes and most other people's it seems.... but not mine... It's subjective.

It's not subjective, stop being stupid.

You are saying fictional character A would beat B, based on preference.

The criteria isn't subjective, though. You examine the abilities both of them have, then the hypothetical discussion of: "Based on these, who would win in a fight." begins.

That is how Vs forums work, because they're not about character preference, they're about elements OF those characters that are NOT subjective.

I prefer Jason Bourne to Spider-Man, in movies. He's not actually going to beat Spider-Man, though. If the two fought, based on that which is displayed in their respective movies, it's impossible that Jason Bourne would beat the man.

Your method is stupid, and you literally have no basis for explaining why it's better, outside of "Well I like him more.", which doesn't work.

So, go for it. Why is your way better?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jan 5th, 2009 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:08 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Then you're wrong, objectively.

It's not subjective, stop being stupid.

You are saying fictional character A would beat B, based on preference.

The criteria isn't subjective, though. You examine the abilities both of them have, then the hypothetical discussion of: "Based on these, who would win in a fight." begins.

That is how Vs forums work, because they're not about character preference, they're about elements OF those characters that are NOT subjective.

I prefer Jason Bourne to Spider-Man, in movies. He's not actually going to beat Spider-Man, though. If the two fought, based on that which is displayed in their respective movies, it's impossible that Jason Bourne would beat the man.

Your method is stupid, and you literally have no basis for explaining why it's better, outside of "Well I like him more.", which doesn't work.

So, go for it. Why is your way better?

-AC

I'm aware of the way these threads are supposed to work, we're supposed to picture these characters running around the real world and watching them face off, and I guess this makes for a more interesting thread, blah, blah, blah.

I would like to see a Vs forum where people would talk about the merits of characters against the other in a different way, I'd like people to discuss and compare the cool things that characters have done in their films against each other, the way they've been written and performed. Not a head to head as such but more of a race (not literal of course). People talking about the merits of the films and the characters within them as opposed to a dissection of the characters and a show of fisticuffs.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:13 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would like to see a Vs forum where people would talk about the merits of characters against the other in a different way, I'd like people to discuss and compare the cool things that characters have done in their films against each other, the way they've been written and performed. Not a head to head as such but more of a race (not literal of course). People talking about the merits of the films and the characters within them as opposed to a dissection of the characters and a show of fisticuffs.

Yes, Vs threads based on WHOLE characters, which character is the better character overall etc, as I just said. I'm aware of what you'd like, I'm not disputing that. This just isn't a place for it, fact.

That isn't what this forum is for. You're not wrong for wanting that, but that isn't what this place is for, what about that is troubling you?

Your solution was to show up and just...ignore everything, which has just lead to you looking immeasurably silly.

You wouldn't go into the General Discussion Forum and say "I want to discuss Generals.", and then treat it like a discussion forum for generals, would you? No, because that's not what it's for, despite the word in the title being the same.

Versus means to be pitted against, and in this specific forum, that is limited to fighting. I don't see why it's taken multiple long posts for you to accept this.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:18 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

You're correct, the way that I've gone about showing my opinion on the whole premise for the forum is wrong and pretty darn childish. I act before I think the large majority of the time and get myself in holes... Then I start to think.

I've never disputed what this forum was for, just put foreward what I'd prefer it to be for. I didn't actually know about that rule before now. So in the future I'll try not to take the smartarse approach when it comes to the word versus.

I would however like that rule to be modified to allow for threads which allows us to pit characters and films agaisnt eachother in other ways, which can be specified within the opening post of the thread.

(I guess this is me admiting I'm wrong, but only when it comes to the way I've conducted myself and ignorance towards the rules.)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:24 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The way you conducted yourself and your ignorance was all there was on debate.

So that's everything.

It took a second, really. I clicked the rules thread and it was there.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:27 AM
§P0oONY

I knew when I made my initial post that it was not what I was supposed to do, I wasn't ignorant of that. I just thught that it was a majority enforced view as opposed to a rule made one... Which changes everything, as it means I have no basis to argue against the rule followers, but more towards the rule maker. Which I will do tomorrow I reckon. (Maybe not argue but suggest a rewrite)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:35 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

They're fictional characters written by two different people, they're not on the same scale, therefor opinion is all that counts...
Even if your fave gets pwned? I like McClaine more than Riggs, but I am firm in my stance that Riggs would pwn him.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 05:42 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Usually, when it comes to McClane i don't think that training and military experience matters very much. This is why i believe McClane would fuking rock Riggs. McClane has had no such training but he still makes shit dead like a pro. When it comes to Bourne, however, he is essentially a machine that became self aware. Most of the things he does comes without thinking but rather, by natural instincts. Bourne is programmed to kill and he follows this programming out better than anyone else and he doesn't even remember his programming.

John has a genuine shot at taking Bourne down in a gunfight. McClane has a nack for dodging bullets and he is also a good shot.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 02:15 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

So now he can dodge bullets? Dammit, where is that cricket vid when I need it.....

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 10:04 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

hell yes he can.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 06:04 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yep.... He runs/moves and he shoots being elusive and hard to hit and uses cover well.

Thusly dodging bullets.

After all: He survived the sheer amount of lead launched at him during Die Hard, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard with a vengance, and Die hard 4.0. Enough lead to melt down and rebuilt as a life size Eiffel Tower, probably.

(NOT counting the shots taken at him in decades of service in between movies..!!!)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 7th, 2009 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 06:14 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
McClane has a nack for dodging bullets and he is also a good shot.

McClane: you're telling me I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, John. All I'm telling you is that when Die Hard5 comes out....you won't need to.
cool

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 08:10 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Sado22
McClane: you're telling me I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, John. All I'm telling you is that when Die Hard5 comes out....you won't need to.
cool

see, this dude gets it and he aint even on my side.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 09:16 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well if it was a Die Hard movie, even if Bourne had John McClane kneeling with a Beretta to the back of his head, again I have to cite McClane's superior luck.

The gun'd jam or would magically be suddenly out of bullets or something.... Allowing McClane a spilt second or two to swing round and bite off Bournes testicles, spitting them back in Bourne's horrified face... and if that wouldn't be enough, McClane being McClane: A "Matttttttt Daaaaaaaaaaaaaay-miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin" taunt or two'd find their way in there at the finishing move.

Or summat like that. stick out tongue

laughing

You the man, dude laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 12:09 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Then stay out of a place where people do it exclusively. I hate the idea of "Masturbation Log Thread", so I don't go in there.

-AC

Oh my goodness...That shit is completely sick mad ninja no thumb down What the f**k?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 01:06 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I stopped posting in that thread ages ago. Got kinda tacky.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 02:59 PM
Ahsoka Tano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jason kills McClaine and everyone in this thread while brushing his teeth.

Thanks TGF

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 02:52 AM
Ahsoka Tano is currently offline Click here to Send Ahsoka Tano a Private Message Find more posts by Ahsoka Tano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote