KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RETROSPECTION- Rianna vs. Myraline

RETROSPECTION- Rianna vs. Myraline
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

RETROSPECTION- Rianna vs. Myraline

THE SET-UP: Jedi Padawan Rianna Xi has been caught up in a plot by the crazed scientist Xirdal Roch, who seeks to give the galaxy the ultimate upgrade by spreading his lethal techno-virus, developed as a scientific answer to Sith magic. After fighting her way to Roch, Rianna arrives only to find that her Jedi teacher, Myraline Kiros, has become enslaved by the virus and is ordered to kill her...

HOW THIS WORKS: Second duel! So here are the rules as a reminder.

The duellists take turns to attack each other. The attacker and the defender each describes their attack or defense respectively. The winner of the round is decided by four things- the Lightsaber skill of the fighters, the style they are fighting with, how their moves play off of each other, and a small random factor known as the competency bonus. As I control Myraline, I will determine how she goes about her actions.

The winner of a round scores a single point, followed by the attacker and defender switching places. Only one move or countermove can be made per round (excluding taunting, do that as much as you please). If the round is a draw, the attacker wins.

The victor of the duel is the first person to make it to five points, but it must be a win by two clear points over your opponent. The amount of points you win by dictates the fate of the loser- a two point loss is a superficial wound, a three point loss is a lost limb, a four point loss is multiple lost limbs or a crippling injury, and a five point loss is an outright kill. If you lose the duel by survive, you can always escape without being re-engaged.

At the start of any round, either combatant may try to flee. In fleeing, the duel carries on as normal, but whomever makes it to two points first, winning by one clear point, determines the success of the endeavour. If the person running away wins, they escape. If not, they don't.

ANALYSIS: Rianna has the ferocity and skill of a warrior in the making, but she is still only a learner and Myraline, whilst no swordsman, has the advantage of experience. Rianna's physical capabilities over her scholarly tutor may be her only true advantage.

Myraline has initiated the fight and strikes first.

Score:

Rianna- 0, Myraline- 0.

Myraline to attack, Rianna to defend.

Myraline usually handles her lightsaber with smooth prowess, but as she cracks her neck and steps forward to engage you, you find that she is fighting rather more like Prince Septimus after he was killed in Stardust. Her movements are jerky and sudden, almost twitchy.

And so it is when she snaps a blow towards your throat that you are almost not prepared for it...

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:24 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will quickly twist to the side while bringing her lightsaber up to intercept the orange blade.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:29 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

For a moment you think you have it... but it was a feint! Myraline lets her lightsaber clash lightly against your own before she maneuvers it back and around you guard, so that the swipe severs a lock of your red hair. You fall back to avoid losing part of your face as well.

Roch is laughing.

Score:

Rianna- 0, Myraline- 1.

Rianna to attack, Myraline to defend.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:33 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Trying to ignore Roch's infuriating laughing, Rianna lunges forward, swinging her lightsaber with a powerful blow to try and break through Myraline's guard.

Last edited by Peach on Jan 4th, 2009 at 07:45 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Her ferocity showing through, Rianna taps into some inner reserve of strength and smashes her lightsaber into Myraline's, knocking away her classical guard momentarily and forcing her to retreat a few steps with her sweeping power blows.

Round draw, point to attacker.

Score:

Rianna- 1, Myraline- 1.

Tapping into some reserve herself, Myraline meets one of your follow-up blows solidly and shunts you back before going for the age-old overhead strike toward the top of your skull.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:42 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna brings her lightsaber up over her head to block the attack while ducking around to the side.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:45 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The downward strike does not meet its intended target, and as you slip away to the side, Myraline overcompensates. She tries to catch herself while also pivoting to cover her flank as you try get at her, resulting in a weak defense.

Score:

Rianna- 2, Myraline- 1.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:50 AM
Peach
mordrem

Holding her blade up in a standard lightsaber stance, Rianna attacks with a simple, short sweep of the blade at Myraline's side.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

As your simple slash goes in, Myraline regains her balance and strength with surprising quickness When your sweep connects with her blade, she shunts it away and uses the Force to knock you back with a short, violent shove.

Score:

Rianna- 2, Myraline- 2.

Following up on her rebuff, Myraline spins towards you with her lightsaber held horizontally, attempting to strike at your hip.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 07:58 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will take a single step back while bringing her saber down, holding it vertically to try and catch Myraline's lightsaber.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You time your maneuver well, drawing upon your teachings that you ironically learned from the very woman you fight. Her attack does not quite reach you as you step back and you fend off the blow. Your Master keeps her lightsaber pressed to yours, the two grinding and crackling in their lock.

Score:

Rianna- 3, Myraline- 2.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:07 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna holds her position a moment longer, before suddenly pulling back, twirling her lightsaber in a swift slash under Myraline's guard.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:11 AM
REXXXX
Networking

This time it is Myraline who steps back. She withdraws her blade and angles it downwards so that she catches your attack with little effort and uses your own momentum to force it into the floor, where it sparks and fizzles through the metal like butter. She then withdraws her blade again...

Score:

Rianna- 3, Myraline- 3.

... and goes for a simple jab toward your chest, above your guard.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:17 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna stands her ground, only moving to attempt to catch Myraline's jab with her own saber and shove it to the side.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:21 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Your defense comes rather more hastily than you intended. When you bring up your lightsaber to shunt it becomes more of a flail. It knocks the jab away but leaves you open to another, which you also hastily knock away until you gain enough space to regroup your thoughts.

Round draw, point to attacker.

Score:

Rianna- 3, Myraline- 4. Match point.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 4th, 2009 at 09:31 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:26 AM
Peach
mordrem

Suddenly very nervous about this duel, Rianna flips over Myraline, jabbing her lightsaber towards her Master's shoulder.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:29 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The nervous sensation must have been triggered by Myraline's attempt to distract you... when you flip over her, you narrowly avoid the chair that she had flung at you with the Force from behind! She only just narrowly raises her lightsaber to meet the overhead strike, then spins around to face you.

Score:

Rianna- 4, Myraline- 4.

As she turns on you, she unleashes a lightning-quick diagonal slash across your front, following that up with a second spinning slash across your midriff.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:34 AM
Peach
mordrem

As she lands, Rianna snaps up her lightsaber to try catching the first attack, and then simply twirls her wrist to catch the second.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:37 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You manage to intercept the first attack, but Myraline uses this to her advantage. She quickly twists your blade with a simple maneuver then changes the direction on the second attack, nearly cutting through your stomach. You back up just in time, with less than an inch to spare.

Score:

Rianna- 4, Myraline- 5. Match point.

Rianna to attack, Myraline to defend. Match point.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 4th, 2009 at 09:31 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:46 AM
Peach
mordrem

Backing away from the attack, Rianna ducks down into a roll, slashing her lightsaber at Myraline's legs as she does so.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:49 AM