KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Superman VS Neo

Superman VS Neo
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Neo isn't invincible at all. I don't know where people are getting this idea from. When he was fighting the Frenchman's henchman, one of them cut him...

Also, his powers are still very limited, he still needs to physically fight people to beat them, its not like he can will them out of existance or anything.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:19 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well, considering the sword swipe only gave him a nick, he has extreme durability, but as as said, he can definitely be hurt.

He can't be killed though, as it seems, unless he were to will it, I'd guess.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:21 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

But would even that work, if it were not a part of his/the cycle's journey, to die at that point?

I lwonder if superman could reprogram the Matrix so that Neo was no longer the program that completed the cycle, effectively making Neo mortal.. then he could show Neo how to brush his teeth with just his own spine and ringpiece.

He could also just get the Neo program and tape Battlestar galactica or the snooker over it.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:29 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
What do you mean by "isn't invincible", do you mean 'he can be hurt', or, 'he can be killed'? The former is correct, the later isn't.

If you need proof, see the first movie, dude wills himself back from death, because he wanted to.
He was reborn as the one. That does not imply at all that he is immortal in any sense, if he dies in the Matrix, he dies in the real world, the body cannot live without the mind. Not to mention he never really died. He heard Trinity speaking to him.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

We should just assume Superman doesn't know he is in the Matrix and his powers are fixed as they are in SupermanReturns.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:45 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I guess Neo could get 'The Architect' to bore Superman to death...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:53 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I guess Neo could get 'The Architect' to bore Superman to death...

Superman would just punch his head off.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 04:06 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm curious how Neo can come back to life if his body parts are spread over a thousand mile radius.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 04:09 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Piece by piece....

and day by day...........

.........but mostly by Federal express, I suspect. stick out tongue

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 8th, 2009 at 04:18 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 04:16 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or Pizza Hut! eek!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 04:17 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah they may get some of the boxes confused.

Id like to see Neo fight Smith with hands made from Cheese and pineapple Pizza...!

EDIT: Nah they wouldn't allow that.

They couldnt have Pizza in that scene because of the very real risk that Pizza's cardboard box would out-act Keanu Reeves.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 8th, 2009 at 04:23 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 04:20 AM
Utrigita

Superman for the win.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 11:18 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Placidity
Superman would just punch his head off.

I wish SOMEBODY would.

His appearance and subsequent systemic overload of elongated words with verbose seemingly unconnected ramblings seemingly specifically designed to transmogrify the minds of the enslaved audience with persistant monotonous and simultaneously monorhythmic delivery, delivering breakless dialogue all designed to achieve effect by only achiving the utter entranced comatose state of boredom whch while not incongrous to the character of the architect, belies a failure to entertain and good dialogue should never read like a legal contract or indeed like the formerly evident but until now unmentioned to the point that I mentioned it paragraph here.

Thats how the motherf**ker talks and after what seems like 7 hours (5 mins realtime) it kills the picture.
From that scene on my previous massive interest in the Matrix died as I first then suspected that the W brothers had lost it, with their heads clearly up both their own bottoms... And that was rife in the writing for the frenchman too.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 8th, 2009 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 05:57 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I'm curious how Neo can come back to life if his body parts are spread over a thousand mile radius.
Dude, I have asked that question many times, and I have still not received a straight answer.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 03:35 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

If he is dismemebered but not dead, he cant come 'back 'to life.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 04:35 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Neo has never "come back to life" so that question is meaningless.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 01:48 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thought so.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 09:37 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

If Superman can defeat Neo, than EU Luke Skywalker can certanly do it! What gives?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:36 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

EU Luke Skywalker can, in your opinion, beat Superman?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:37 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Neo has never "come back to life" so that question is meaningless.

I'd have to watch The Matrix again, but what was that bit where Smith shot him, he fell back (looking dead) and Smith left him [gloating]thinking he had defeated Neo?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote