KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Superman VS Neo

Superman VS Neo
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
EU Luke Skywalker can, in your opinion, beat Superman?
Bob Lee Swagger FTW.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 10:43 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

EU Luke Skywalker can, in your opinion, beat Superman?
If it is ROuths Superman,yeah. If given enough time to conjure the Force. The reason Jedis and Siths seem so slow on film is because film can't really show how fast a Force blitz is.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 10:53 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jedi and Sith have no plural forms.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 10:58 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
I'd have to watch The Matrix again, but what was that bit where Smith shot him, he fell back (looking dead) and Smith left him [gloating]thinking he had defeated Neo?
Sure, he may have been dying, I'll give you that, but Trinity was able to speak to Neo while he was unconcious, and Neo heard him and told him that she was told by the Oracle that she would fall in love with The One, giving him a 200 point increase to strength and speed, and a 50 point leadership bonus.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 12:09 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
If it is ROuths Superman,yeah. If given enough time to conjure the Force. The reason Jedis and Siths seem so slow on film is because film can't really show how fast a Force blitz is.
Luke is not fast enough even in the EU to dodge Routherman, and is not durable enough to take a punch from him.

Comics Superman would solo the combined power of every Jedi and Sith Order.

"Kryptonite Lightsabers," lol wtf?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 12:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Luke took several lightwhip slashings from a lady Sith which are extreamly deadly, just as much as Rouths punch I bet, and recovered almost instantaneously. Also, there is a more powerful version of the mind trick that essentially means that a Force sensitive controls the course of events.Since Luke is the mac daddy of all Jedi ever, he could simply do battle meditation beforehand and make Supes screw up somehow in battle.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:50 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Luke took several lightwhip slashings from a lady Sith which are extreamly deadly, just as much as Rouths punch I bet, and recovered almost instantaneously. Also, there is a more powerful version of the mind trick that essentially means that a Force sensitive controls the course of events.Since Luke is the mac daddy of all Jedi ever, he could simply do battle meditation beforehand and make Supes screw up somehow in battle.
And what do you base any of that on?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:55 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

"Kryptonite Lightsabers," lol wtf?

Yeah that was my first reaction.... But then I remember Superman 3 that computer using a similar angle with Kryptonite rays.

I like the idea and I dare say it might work as with other crystals in principle, but where would the Jedi find the Kryptonite crystals in the first place...?

And how many Jedi'd be quick enough to deal with Superman's speed..?
Imean he's so fast, that even if you had blasters, they work a bit slower than bullets, leaving a nice dodgeable tracer...against a man who can go faster than bullets... you could imagine Superman being able to evade them.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 12th, 2009 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 02:23 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Luke was less the mack daddy and more the 'half-trained lucky bastard who got utterly owned by the Emporer til his Dad intervened when it came to it".

Yodas the guvnor. Or even Mace over Luke.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 02:31 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

And what do you base any of that on?
A lot of the amazing things Luke can do are based on the NJO and Legacy of the Force books. The films also cannot really show how blazing fast a Force sensitive can be. In one of the NJO books, Luke killed dozens of Yuuzhan Vong warriors in a few seconds flat without even being seen. It is also my theory that Luke, Palps were so much better than any other Force sensitives in history that they single handedly impacted galactic events through sheer willpower. I agree that Superman may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility for Luke to beat him.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:28 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Sure, he may have been dying, I'll give you that, but Trinity was able to speak to Neo while he was unconcious, and Neo heard him and told him that she was told by the Oracle that she would fall in love with The One, giving him a 200 point increase to strength and speed, and a 50 point leadership bonus.

So Neo has a kick-ass healing factor?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 04:10 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

A lot of the amazing things Luke can do are based on the NJO and Legacy of the Force books. The films also cannot really show how blazing fast a Force sensitive can be. In one of the NJO books, Luke killed dozens of Yuuzhan Vong warriors in a few seconds flat without even being seen. It is also my theory that Luke, Palps were so much better than any other Force sensitives in history that they single handedly impacted galactic events through sheer willpower. I agree that Superman may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility for Luke to beat him.

If you're bringing in the written literature of the characters, then Superman can solo the entire Star Wars universe.

Flying into the sun, shrugging off nukes, breaking his way into hell, oh, sneezing a galaxy away. Things the super cub-scout has done.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 04:13 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aleema's light-whip is nowhere near as fast as Routh's Supeman, who can fly so fast that time turns back...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 04:52 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Aleema's light-whip is nowhere near as fast as Routh's Supeman, who can fly so fast that time turns back...

routh or reeve?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 05:12 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Either, since they're the same character. Returns is just a retcon of Superman 3 and 4 so all of his feats from 1 and 2 still apply.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 05:31 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
If you're bringing in the written literature of the characters, then Superman can solo the entire Star Wars universe.

Flying into the sun, shrugging off nukes, breaking his way into hell, oh, sneezing a galaxy away. Things the super cub-scout has done.
The last two feats to not apply to current Superman, and it was a solar system not galaxy.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 11:22 AM
Bardock42

No, I mean what do you base it on that it would have any effect on Superman?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 12:40 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

What, Force powers?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:06 PM
Dr Will Hatch

Because "The Force" is a construct with undefined limitations. The movies couldn't show everything it could do because the tech didn't exist. I don't think Luke could actually beat him, but I do think he could draw him to a stalemate.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:33 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course Force powers would work on Supes. Would they have as much an effect on him as they would an ordinary human? Doubtful.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:40 PM