KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » favorite nonfiction books

favorite nonfiction books
Started by: danceken1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
danceken1

favorite nonfiction books

Hi everyone I need some good nonfiction books to read any one have some recommendations thanks Kenney

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 02:37 AM
danceken1 is currently offline Click here to Send danceken1 a Private Message Find more posts by danceken1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Thermopylae" by Paul Cartelage. It can be a bit dry and times but it's factual accuracy is fascinating.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 10:08 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rhosze

Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind by V. S. Ramachandran

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 08:57 AM
rhosze is currently offline Click here to Send rhosze a Private Message Find more posts by rhosze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"Rosen für Apoll" by Joachim Fernau. Fun to read history of the greeks.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 02:09 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

"Do Fish Drink Water"
i cant remember the author at the moment but it has a lot of great little known facts and its a real fun read if you feel like imoressing your friends

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 02:49 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
"Do Fish Drink Water"
i cant remember the author at the moment but it has a lot of great little known facts and its a real fun read if you feel like imoressing your friends

Bill McLain

How do I know?

Googled it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 03:14 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Bardock42
Bill McLain

How do I know?

Googled it.

yeah that dood
i didnt feel like google-ing it when i have it upstairs in my room if that makes any sense to you

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 04:35 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

'The Double Helix: A Personal Account of the Discovery of the Structure of DNA' by James Watson.

Also, 'Negotiating with the Dead' by Margaret Atwood.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 03:10 AM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

The Zombie Survival Guide-Max Brooks

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 05:41 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

The Rules of Civility-George Washington[****in hilarious to compare their standards with todays]

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 06:20 PM
shane8874
WiseOne

The Da Vinci Code! It was a great book altho not all of it is fact....characters stroyline ect.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 06:56 AM
shane8874 is currently offline Click here to Send shane8874 a Private Message Find more posts by shane8874 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

Originally posted by shane8874
The Da Vinci Code! It was a great book altho not all of it is fact....characters stroyline ect.

Ahhh, none of that was fact and the characters and storyline was crappola.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 07:08 AM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

yeah that dood
i didnt feel like google-ing it when i have it upstairs in my room if that makes any sense to you
It makes perfect sense, my urge to google is closely linked to the computer i am on as well.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 07:27 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by shane8874
Originally posted by Prabhodh
Ahhh, none of that was fact and the characters and storyline was crappola.

i thought it was a good book even though its fiction waaaaaaaay better than the movie at least

Originally posted by Bardock42
It makes perfect sense, my urge to google is closely linked to the computer i am on as well.

you must be a cyborg

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 03:05 PM
Deano

the holographic universe by michael talbot
vatican assasins - eric phelps

any book by david icke

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 09:49 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

i thought it was a good book even though its fiction waaaaaaaay better than the movie at least

Writing wise, it was dismal. And if you had read any of his other novels before you read this one, you would have realised who the bad guy was about 1/3 of the way into it.

All of the novels I've read from him: protagonist gets sucked into an idiotic scandal that puts life in danger. He goes and spills the beans to the closest old crackpot he can find. The old crackpot turns out to be the bad guy.

He adds so much irrelevant and romantacised jabber, it's annoying.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 09:56 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

too many books to name...

quote:

i love both the da vinci code novel and the movie even more

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 01:44 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i want to get Angels & Demons so i can read it before the movie comes out

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 03:01 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i want to get Angels & Demons so i can read it before the movie comes out

I love Angels & Demons, excellent novel..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 08:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HoldenCaulfield
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deano
any book by david icke

Ha.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 06:34 AM
HoldenCaulfield is currently offline Click here to Send HoldenCaulfield a Private Message Find more posts by HoldenCaulfield Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote