KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Religion using science

Religion using science
Started by: Da Pittman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I think global organisations have hidden things before...

The Catholic Church suppressed lots of things, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that the Scientific Community is forcing out or suppressing people who dispute evolution...they have a huge amount vested in it after all.

Don't take everything they say as gospel.

first off, i dont think scientist throughout the word and research department are the same as an organized government power.

seeing as some of them are government sponsored and privately funded each seeking to prove or disprove one anothers theories in order to push their own individuals theory. how would it be possible for scientist who tried using practical applications and inventions if one side was withholding information that was reliant on the success of their experiments..

it is far more unlikely that scientist are conspiracy against the general population then it is for government organization to do the same thing.

not that i trust all the science without it being thoroughly proven or reasonably explained and even then one has to remain suspect as science is susceptable to change with further understanding and research.. smile

Attachment: 88483-2590-deadpool_super.jpg
This has been downloaded 61 time(s).

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 02:13 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace of Knaves
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow.

There's a real difference between what is possible to loose in the question between creationism and evolution. Creationism has much more to loose than does evolution.

Pointing at other large organizations that have hidden aspects of their mandate and dogma is no justification for hiding anything. It's still an intentional restriction of truth for selfish gain or benefit; be it the Pope or Dawkins.

There is absolutely no question as to which side of the argument has more indisputable fact on it's side. The question is which side is smart enough to be open-minded enough to incorporate those facts (or lack there-of) into their world view. The bible as fact is beyond reasonable question, even the catholic church, the oldest christian organization in the world, admits that. There's simply no way to reconcile the mythology of the bible with the unquestionable facts that discount it as such.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 06:15 AM
Ace of Knaves is currently offline Click here to Send Ace of Knaves a Private Message Find more posts by Ace of Knaves Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

who are you wowing?

Attachment: 971783457_4a9ce4eb40_o.jpg
This has been downloaded 57 time(s).

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 08:08 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace of Knaves
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone who thinks that creationism is even remotely a threat to science.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 12:11 AM
Ace of Knaves is currently offline Click here to Send Ace of Knaves a Private Message Find more posts by Ace of Knaves Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

It isn't necessarily...however the collapse of evolution is. All biology is based on it...if it was to be found out to be wrong there would be a huge hole in the scientific world...

People have come out and said evolution is wrong and for that they have been ridiculed by the Scientific Elite.

The scientific world is a community, every community has elites. Science is no exception.

(I am not saying that certain Scientific bodies are suppressing facts which might prove to be the undoing of evolution...just that it is possible- not one of those "yeah well everything is possible" kind of possibilities, but a very real one...)

Originally posted by Ace of Knaves
Anyone who thinks that creationism is even remotely a threat to science.

You think the form of rationale behind most creationist thinking isn't a threat to science? People often assume science will destroy religion...maybe it will be the other way around...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 12:47 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace of Knaves
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
You think the form of rationale behind most creationist thinking isn't a threat to science? People often assume science will destroy religion...maybe it will be the other way around...

No, I don't think it's a threat to science. I would venture the opinion that most religious people are not as totally irrational as a few of the posters in this thread. I am not a religious person by any means, but I'm not affraid to accept that I don't have all the answers and that anyone who claims to have them all because of a book or a personal belief is operating from a uncontrolable fear that they might not have all the answers.

To some people, admitting that I don't know everything should also imply that they might. But I am no more or less enlightened than any other human being in this world.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 01:12 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
first off, i dont think scientist throughout the word and research department are the same as an organized government power.

And if they were exactly that what do you think they'd want you to think?

Precisely.

seeing as some of them are government sponsored and privately funded each seeking to prove or disprove one anothers theories in order to push their own individuals theory. how would it be possible for scientist who tried using practical applications and inventions if one side was withholding information that was reliant on the success of their experiments..

By suppressing technology that is reliant on inconvenient ideas and keeping people poorly educated. It's been done in the past.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:40 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
And if they were exactly that what do you think they'd want you to think?

Precisely.

By suppressing technology that is reliant on inconvenient ideas and keeping people poorly educated. It's been done in the past.

they would want me to think that if i disagree then study science and find my own answer using the scientific method.. science is very easy to check up on with knowledge at our finger tips.

the only one i see keeping ppl poorly educated is religion and its out dated believe system.. i am embarrassed when i here halve of the U.S. believes that man and dinosaurs lived around the same time.

This has been downloaded 39 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:46 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

they would want me to think that if i disagree then study science and find my own answer using the scientific method.. science is very easy to check up on with knowledge at our finger tips.

You own a massive supercomputer and particle accelerator?

the only one i see keeping ppl poorly educated is religion and its out dated believe system..

Because that's what scientists want you to think. If there is an ancient conspiracy around it would only have lasted so long by not being easy to spot. Everybody suspects religion of it so we know it's not religion. That means science is evil

i am embarrassed when i here halve of the U.S. believes that man and dinosaurs lived around the same time.

All thanks to the work of science.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:50 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

it is far more unlikely that scientist are conspiracy against the general population then it is for government organization to do the same thing.

not that i trust all the science without it being thoroughly proven or reasonably explained and even then one has to remain suspect as science is susceptable to change with further understanding and research.. smile

The only "science" that ever gets beyond the lab is that which is chosen for publication in journals

normally journals have clear standards and are open to new ideas, however, editors and reviews can have biases.

The research I'm involved in is running into a strong bias at the journal we want to be published in. A lot of it, at least we and some others think, has to do with the fact that the person-who-owns-the-journal's thesis are not supported by our stuff.

I think feceman had 1 example of something like this in a biological journal with respect to intelligent design.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:57 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because that's what scientists want you to think. If there is an ancient conspiracy around it would only have lasted so long by not being easy to spot. Everybody suspects religion of it so we know it's not religion. That means science is evil

All thanks to the work of science.

i think its religions fault seeing as some ppl wont look at anything that might contradict their believes system..

This has been downloaded 37 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 03:06 AM
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

I may not have a Large Hadron Collider but I have a Large Hardon Colllider stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 04:05 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:

Who doesn't?

shifty

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 04:22 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont.. i just have my privately build one man space shuttle in my garage..

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 01:34 PM