KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Women and Religion

Women and Religion
Started by: Grand-Moff-Gav

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
once again, that's something you mistranslated. The same measure, means the same unit of measurement. If you judge someone in comparison to jesus, who was perfect, then you will be judged in comparison to jesus, with whom you can't even compare in righteousness. that's what the bible verse means.

good thing i am pretty apathetic in my moral compass and am not to passionate about judging others or caring about there choses in life..

firm believer it is not my place to judge them, i am simply dissappointed at times but i get over it just as quickly. cool complete fonz

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 12:35 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats.....

...WHAT SHE SAID

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 12:37 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by inimalist
thats what she said

I consciously changed that statement to something that didn't make an obvious "that's what she said." But kudos for shoe-horning it in anyway.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 10:50 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Digi
But kudos for shoe-horning it in anyway.

lol, good ol' low hanging fruit wink

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 12:31 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Women and Religion

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." 1 Timothy 2:12

Should women be ordained as Priests or even Bishops in Christian Churches? What about other religions such as Islam.

For extra fun, once you've answered the question...replace the world women with Black People...does that change your perspective.

Yes they should be allowed to do what they wish. Obviously if the religion explicitly forbids or excludes women from holding positions there's no reason to force the religion to change, though they should.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:43 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote