KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Did you get a copy of Spider-Man/Obama comic?

Did you get a copy of Spider-Man/Obama comic?
Started by: Anti-Monitor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Did you get a copy of Spider-Man/Obama comic?

I was no where even close to getting because I dont collect Spider-Man. My comic store only had 40 copies and he just found out last Friday from Marvel.

Apparently Marvel was kinda keeping on the low.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:27 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

No ... and anyone who did deserves to be lobotomised.

Why was he in the comic in the 1st place ?

Was it for those comic book fans, who decided this was the week to come out of their caves? Or was it to depict Obama as the new messiah again ?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 08:21 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That is just f*cking stupid.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 09:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

No it's all perfectly straightforward. Spider-man fights some ex-McCain supporters and Obama says something thought provoking. We discover that Peter's attitudes, by pure coincidence, conform largely to the democrat's policies. There is a heart warming scene between Obama, Luke Cage, Bishop and Hobie Brown/The Prowler who hasn't been in comics for years (they have absolutely nothing in common and Hobie's a Republican) oddly the Red Skull shows up....

...who is obviously a Republican.

Then Obama shoots the Punisher in the face and promises change. He whispers in the scarlet's witches ear and she mutters three important words.

"No More Recession."

Everyone's a winner big grin

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 09:47 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willRules
No it's all perfectly straightforward. Spider-man fights some ex-McCain supporters and Obama says something thought provoking. We discover that Peter's attitudes, by pure coincidence, conform largely to the democrat's policies. There is a heart warming scene between Obama, Luke Cage, Bishop and Hobie Brown/The Prowler who hasn't been in comics for years (they have absolutely nothing in common and Hobie's a Republican) oddly the Red Skull shows up....

Then Obama shoots the Punisher in the face and promises change. He whispers in the scarlet's witches ear and she mutters three important words.

"No More Recession."

laughing Genius.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 10:01 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

"No More Recession."

You missed the bit where he is tempted in the desert by ex president Bush

And when he is nailed to the American Flag, and dies for a capitalist sins.

Before he dies he excalims 'YES, WE CAN'

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 10:12 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
You missed the bit where he is tempted in the desert by ex president Bush

And when he is nailed to the American Flag, and dies for a capitalist sins.

Before he dies he excalims 'YES, WE CAN'

That's Bible mark 2: The American account yes

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 10:28 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

That's Bible mark 2: The American account yes

Unfortunately that already exists, its called Mormonism.

By the way, I want to clarify that i have no problem with Obama himself.

Just the fact that everyone thinks we need to ride the Obama dildo.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 11:32 PM
Squirrel Fart

I guess this is not a comic book? its a "Spider-Man comic"

Whatever Digi..... roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) Just like Wolverine is X-Men only despite the fact hes on Avengers team also.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jan 15th, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 11:36 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by Anti-Monitor

Whatever Digi..... roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) Just like Wolverine is X-Men only despite the fact hes on Avengers team also.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ehhh ?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 12:11 AM
Scythe
The Goat

What the hell? Really?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 05:30 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Nah, I didn't get a chance to read it yet.

I'll try to do it eventually.

Why was he in the comic in the 1st place ?

Marvel found out that Obama was a Spiderman fan, so they gave him an appearance in a Spiderman comic book.

Something tells me you're a McCain supporter...

Originally posted by Anti-Monitor

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The thread is about a comic book from the Spiderman franchise, so it's completely reasonable for it to be in the Spiderman forum.

Last edited by Black Yoshi on Jan 16th, 2009 at 06:07 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 06:01 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Unfortunately that already exists, its called Mormonism.

By the way, I want to clarify that i have no problem with Obama himself.

Just the fact that everyone thinks we need to ride the Obama dildo.

Agreed on both counts yes

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 11:02 AM
tjcoady

Kinda funny that they just borrowed a plot from a Booster Gold comic that came out back in like... '86, when Booster saves Reagan from an attempt to replace him with a shape-shifter....

It wasn't that bad, or that amazing. It really didn't do the whole "Obama-messiah" thing, or attempt to dilute complex political questions into simple comic-y sound bites. Just kind of fun. I actually laughed out loud at the Joe Biden joke...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 11:51 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Yeah, I understand Marvel is trying to be 'ground breaking' or whatever, but they just seem to be digging deep as of late.... Pathetically deep.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 03:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Oh good God

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 05:57 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I bought a copy only because this issue will probably be worth something down the road. As a matter of fact my comic book stor prolly is selling it for at least $10

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 08:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this comic book will be worth a lot of money in the future.
Originally posted by Galan007
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Yeah, I understand Marvel is trying to be 'ground breaking' or whatever, but they just seem to be digging deep as of late.... Pathetically deep.

Thanks for posting the scans, dude.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 08:33 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Thank you for posting it up dude, I would have never read it otherwise. It seemed cool I guess.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 10:22 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Galan007

Marvel is, in no way, shape, or form, trying to be "ground-breaking" with this comic book. It is a clear ploy to sell a comic like crazy, and it's working.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 06:23 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote