KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Panther vs Superman

Black Panther vs Superman
Started by: Phantom Zone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv
Black Panther can decapitate Superman but he needs one hell of a distraction to pull it off.

With prep he can pull it off 8-9/10

thats what im saying as long as superman is focused on geting panther, he cant do anything about it no matter what he has

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 04:25 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

but with a year of Prep surely Panther can execute a flawless one-two second diversion.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 04:31 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eel O'Brien

Originally posted by Bentley
I think BP can easily think of a way to contain Superman given his abilities. You wouldn't say Supes would just HV Lex Corp from Space if this was Lex Luthor, right?

Since you brought up Luthor. He can't beat Superman even with YEARS of prep and his resources are at least as vast as BP's.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 04:44 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Since you brought up Luthor. He can't beat Superman even with YEARS of prep and his resources are at least as vast as BP's.

Wrong. Luthor doesn't want to kill Kal, he wants to destroy him and humiliate him.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 05:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Wrong. Luthor doesn't want to kill Kal, he wants to destroy him and humiliate him.

YEAH!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 05:54 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eel O'Brien

1) Fall of Metropolis- Lex personally tried to kill him with the battlesuit
2) Up, Up, and Away- Lex tries to kill him with Zod's ship, then tried to personally beat him to death while he's powerless
3) Death of Superman- Lex, regretting that he couldn't KILL Supes, is satisfied that he will at least be the one to bury him
4) Last Son arc- Lex is elated by the experience of KILLING a kryptonian
5) All Star Superman- the majority of the story involves the implications of Lex's attempt to kill Superman with solar poisoning (not canon, but still a good representation of Luthor's motivations)

You're probably right; killing Kal has never been Luthor's objective...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:09 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
1) Fall of Metropolis- Lex personally tried to kill him with the battlesuit
2) Up, Up, and Away- Lex tries to kill him with Zod's ship, then tried to personally beat him to death while he's powerless
3) Death of Superman- Lex, regretting that he couldn't KILL Supes, is satisfied that he will at least be the one to bury him
4) Last Son arc- Lex is elated by the experience of KILLING a kryptonian
5) All Star Superman- the majority of the story involves the implications of Lex's attempt to kill Superman with solar poisoning (not canon, but still a good representation of Luthor's motivations)

You're probably right; killing Kal has never been Luthor's objective...

All which shows that Luthor only wants to overpower Kal instead of using any mean avaible to kill him; he is so obsessed to prove he is the one that has to kill him that he limits his option and exposes himself too much. Panther won't be so generous.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:42 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

wit hone year of Prep BP pulls it off easily, red su nradiation weakens him greatly, then he takes swipes at him with the ebony blade...superman could die...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:49 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

If SUPES wanted to take him OUT...then he could do that easily. BP may prep for a year...but, he wouldn't be entirely sure when to deploy the technology needed to counter Superman. Superman can just sit in space..and watch BP's movements..and wait for the opportune time to strike. With Supes, he could bum rush BP at lightspeed...and BP wouldn't know what hit him. He wouldn't have time to deploy the technology to stop Supes.

Also, as mentioned earlier in this thread, BP could create a suit capable of stopping Superman's onslaught. Well, that suit couldn't prevent a BFR into space. If Supes' job is to take a man out....then, we have to assume by any means necessary...so, I think Supes would pull out all the stops..lol.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:12 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
If SUPES wanted to take him OUT...then he could do that easily. BP may prep for a year...but, he wouldn't be entirely sure when to deploy the technology needed to counter Superman. Superman can just sit in space..and watch BP's movements..and wait for the opportune time to strike. With Supes, he could bum rush BP at lightspeed...and BP wouldn't know what hit him. He wouldn't have time to deploy the technology to stop Supes.

Also, as mentioned earlier in this thread, BP could create a suit capable of stopping Superman's onslaught. Well, that suit couldn't prevent a BFR into space. If Supes' job is to take a man out....then, we have to assume by any means necessary...so, I think Supes would pull out all the stops..lol.

Nah, Superman fly and speed would be countered pretty easily. Also, the prep settings and rules is what allows Panther to win, Supes wouldn't know what he is up against.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:17 PM
Trackz

ok BP took out the silver surfer with maybe an hour of preparation (not talking about the armbar), he has a contingency plan for Galactus, he could with a year of preperation take out superman (coat wakanda in a bath of red sunlight, take superman out with the ebony blade)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:20 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by Trackz
ok BP took out the silver surfer with maybe an hour of preparation (not talking about the armbar), he has a contingency plan for Galactus, he could with a year of preperation take out superman (coat wakanda in a bath of red sunlight, take superman out with the ebony blade)

Yeah, if Superman got close. Superman could observe what BP is doing from a very remote distance. Superman can go underground and lift BP's entire country and toss it into space. Supes could send millions of asteroids hurtling toward the Earth to destroy BP along with everyone else. BP will not prep for everything Superman is capable of doing. In fact, it is in Superman's best interest to do something completely unexpected to get the job done...something that BP doesn't think Superman would do. Hell, Superman could move the moon out of orbit and push it damn smack into the Earth. Superman could get the job done if he wanted to.

Also, there is no way BP could hit Superman with the Ebony Blade. If he did..it would be PIS....Superman is too fast to be hit by that...no matter what BP has done before...that's just stupid. There is no way BP could compete with a character waaaaay out of his league, like Superman....doing so is PIS.

In any event...that's why I'm saying Superman would destroy the Earth or do something totally unexpected to take out BP. If Black Panther is allowed a way to do through CIS or PIS...then Superman should be allowed the same opportunity to get the job done.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:32 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

In any event...that's why I'm saying Superman would destroy the Earth or do something totally unexpected to take out BP. If Black Panther is allowed a way to do through CIS or PIS...then Superman should be allowed the same opportunity to get the job done.

Why is BP not CISed according to you? He never allows himself to fail and he succeeds.

In a forum battle they start in the same place, when Supes tries to go away he doesn't make is and loses to whatever T'challa throws at him.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:38 PM
Lord Feron

Yeah, if Superman got close. Superman could observe what BP is doing from a very remote distance.

Superman can go underground and lift BP's entire country and toss it into space. Supes could send millions of asteroids hurtling toward the Earth to destroy BP along with everyone else. BP will not prep for everything Superman is capable of doing. In fact, it is in Superman's best interest to do something completely unexpected to get the job done...something that BP doesn't think Superman would do. Hell, Superman could move the moon out of orbit and push it damn smack into the Earth. Superman could get the job done if he wanted to.

Also, there is no way BP could hit Superman with the Ebony Blade. If he did..it would be PIS....Superman is too fast to be hit by that...no matter what BP has done before...that's just stupid. There is no way BP could compete with a character waaaaay out of his league, like Superman....doing so is PIS.

In any event...that's why I'm saying Superman would destroy the Earth or do something totally unexpected to take out BP. If Black Panther is allowed a way to do through CIS or PIS...then Superman should be allowed the same opportunity to get the job done. [/B][/QUOTE]

Superman gets no prep and will not be observing anything. Unless it takes time to fly over to wakanda from wherever the hell he is coming from but... do you really think BP with the knowledge he has and the prep time he got will do something that foolish to give away his plan so easily to Supes... right not happening.
FAIL

Yes because it's completely in Supes character to destroy a whole planet with billions of innocent civilians to destry Wakanda... right. FAIL

you are right that if supes was bloodlusted he would do things that he normally wouldn't do but this is not the case. How many times do you see him kill a shit ton of innocent people just to achieve a objective. (yes he is capable to doing what he say, i mean he would need help with the moon and help with the astroids if they are too big but you know what I mean, but he doesn't)

I also agree at full power BP should not be able to stab Supes himself with a ebony blade but I seriously doubt BP will try to fight Supes in H2h combat at full strength...i mean what the point of prep then???

Again if I wasn't clear enough SUPERMAN WILL NOT BE CONDEMN BILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE TO THEIR DEATHS FOR HIS OBJECTIVE.

Lastly BP with ease, only because he has prep.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:44 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Why is BP not CISed according to you? He never allows himself to fail and he succeeds.

In a forum battle they start in the same place, when Supes tries to go away he doesn't make is and loses to whatever T'challa throws at him.

I'm lookin' at it like this. If I(Black Panther) had a year to prep to fight Fedor Emilianenko(Superman), would I still win? Hell no. Fedor wouldn't even have to train or prep for me...and he'd still win.

Black Panther is good...but, he isn't all that. If Black Panther prepped for a year to take on Thanos...and beat him within an inch of his life...would BP succeed? Even if BP in his own mind wouldn't allow himself to fail...do you really thing he could take out Thanos?

Ok, let's say that a Celestial Host was coming to Earth, and BP had a year of prep to stop them. Black Panther is willing himself to not fail...but, would he fail anway?....against the Celestials?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:46 PM
Bentley
Seitei

If BP was bloodlusted he would get a Cosmic Cube and blink Kal out of existence. Anticlimactic, but BP is a bastard.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:47 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Superman can go underground and lift BP's entire country and toss it into space. Supes could send millions of asteroids hurtling toward the Earth to destroy BP along with everyone else. BP will not prep for everything Superman is capable of doing. In fact, it is in Superman's best interest to do something completely unexpected to get the job done...something that BP doesn't think Superman would do. Hell, Superman could move the moon out of orbit and push it damn smack into the Earth. Superman could get the job done if he wanted to.

Superman gets no prep and will not be observing anything. Unless it takes time to fly over to wakanda from wherever the hell he is coming from but... do you really think BP with the knowledge he has and the prep time he got will do something that foolish to give away his plan so easily to Supes... right not happening.
FAIL

Yes because it's completely in Supes character to destroy a whole planet with billions of innocent civilians to destry Wakanda... right. FAIL

you are right that if supes was bloodlusted he would do things that he normally wouldn't do but this is not the case. How many times do you see him kill a shit ton of innocent people just to achieve a objective. (yes he is capable to doing what he say, i mean he would need help with the moon and help with the astroids if they are too big but you know what I mean, but he doesn't)

I also agree at full power BP should not be able to stab Supes himself with a ebony blade but I seriously doubt BP will try to fight Supes in H2h combat at full strength...i mean what the point of prep then???

Again if I wasn't clear enough SUPERMAN WILL NOT BE CONDEMN BILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE TO THEIR DEATHS FOR HIS OBJECTIVE.

Lastly BP with ease, only because he has prep. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok..one question...does BP have superluminal reflexes?...and if he does show it....is it PIS? I believe Superman could tag him before BP's "prep" would even have time to present itself. What's BP gonna do everyday?...walk around with a Red Sun shield around him....having the shield follow him wherever he goes? Superman is just too damn fast..that's all I'm saying.

Also, Superman doesn't need help with the moon. Hell, he turned the wheels of Megaddon...a better strength feat than moving the moon, i would say. I know this doesn't count..lol...but, hell..he moved the moon by himself in Superman IV..lol.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:56 PM
Deadline

FAIL

Lastly BP with ease, only because he has prep.

Ok..one question...does BP have superluminal reflexes?...and if he does show it....is it PIS? I believe Superman could tag him before BP's "prep" would even have time to present itself. What's BP gonna do everyday?...walk around with a Red Sun shield around him....having the shield follow him wherever he goes? Superman is just too damn fast..that's all I'm saying.

Also, Superman doesn't need help with the moon. Hell, he turned the wheels of Megaddon...a better strength feat than moving the moon, i would say. I know this doesn't count..lol...but, hell..he moved the moon by himself in Superman IV..lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

BP gets 1 years prep before Superman does anything. no expression

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 08:16 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by Phantom Zone

Also, Superman doesn't need help with the moon. Hell, he turned the wheels of Megaddon...a better strength feat than moving the moon, i would say. I know this doesn't count..lol...but, hell..he moved the moon by himself in Superman IV..lol.

BP gets 1 years prep before Superman does anything. no expression [/B][/QUOTE]

True, but if BP knew that Superman would be coming a year prior...then, that also means that Superman wanted to prep for the fight as well.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 08:27 PM
Eel O'Brien

All which shows that Luthor only wants to overpower Kal instead of using any mean avaible to kill him; he is so obsessed to prove he is the one that has to kill him that he limits his option and exposes himself too much. Panther won't be so generous.

He's used various tech including Kryptionian and Apokolptian, kryptonite, red sun, solar energy.

Luthor hasn't really been "limiting" his options as those are pretty much the only things that would work.

Anyway, with a year of prep, BP probably could come up with some kind of a strategy. But in the end, its still Superman vs. Black Panther, so he couldn't plan out a guaranteed win.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 08:28 PM