KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Blade vs. Hellboy

Should these characters fight to the death?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 3 75.00%
No 1 25.00%
Undecided 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blade vs. Hellboy
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ah but he had every chance to save him. And didnt.
Thusly he condemned Neeson to death.

Another example about how morals shit f**ks up threads.

Lets not allow it to do it to this thread too.
Its not just me thats expressed dismay/anger/disappointment at your actions, so just take it like a man and drop it for the good of the thread's as well as your own dignity's sakes, would be my advice..

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:28 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Ah but he had every chance to save him. And didnt.
Thusly he condemned Neeson to death.

Another example about how morals shit f**ks up threads.

Lets not allow it to do it to this thread too.
Its not just me thats expressed dismay/anger/disappointment at your actions, so just take it like a man and drop it for the good of the thread as well as your own dignity, would be my advice..
No worries, I was just curious why all the hub bub, bub.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:34 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Fair enough.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:34 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

And if you remember, I was pretty neutral to the matchup, I was asking questions about Mandalorian armor and Jango's jetpack, then it hit me, what about Batman's "I do not kill" code? I was just wondering if that would give Jango an edge, if any. I never meant for it to go as far as it did.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:47 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Then would you as the one who wanted it, ask for it to be repealed..?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:50 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not that I wanted it, It's just that all of a sudden it made sense, why not stay true to the movie character? And someone in the future starting a Batman thread is free to include it or not. It's not like Batman can never kill here.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:53 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

In other words:
"No, because I voted it should stay."
or
"No, because I despite what I have just said, DO believe in it, after all."

If we stay that slavishly true to ethos of the characters, most would never fight anyhow.

Did "celebrity death match" ever worry about such small penised issues as these....? NO. And it rocked.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 04:57 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:54 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

True. McClaine and Riggs would never fight, the first thing a cop does is ID himself, innit?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yes.

Ive been asserting this for some time.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:59 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then this is where the term "fantasy" comes into play.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:00 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yes so that in the fantasy in question, an utterly fantasy-stomping concept be bought in is beyond needlessly intrusive and sucks the fun out of it.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 05:04 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:02 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes so that in the fantasy in question, an utterly fantasy-stomping concept be bought in is beyond needless...?
More like an option. You gotta admit, wouldn't it be far more entertaining to watch Batman apprehend Jango instead of simply killing him?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:04 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Nope. Episodes of "The Bill" are for that sort of thing.
...Or "Hill Street Blues" reruns.

F*** that morals shit.

Let Ghandi tear them apart with his bare teeth, if need be.

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE...........!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:08 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

(obviously though, Ghandi is stll restricted to what a man of his size and conditioning and even skills could do etc.... Im not talking about completely abandoning reality here, of course)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:35 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

shifty

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:41 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:45 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

**** me, I had a great idea for a versus thread and lost it.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:48 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It'll come back to ya.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 06:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
More like an option. You gotta admit, wouldn't it be far more entertaining to watch Batman apprehend Jango instead of simply killing him?

Why wouldn't Jango in turn not use deadly force as Batman, since he's a bounty-hunter and would logically be going after Batman for a subdue and capture?

See the one-sidedness of bringing in "morals" in that particular Vs match was?

P.S. Watch Dune, it's worth the time invested.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 09:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Howard Beale

Not morally speaking it isnt.

(jumps in argument) you are right. Morally speaking allowing someone to die when you have the ability to save their life and it will cost you nothing is the same as murder. Lawfully speaking it is a big difference but laws rarely have much to do with morality.
Morally speaking Batman is willing to allow death in certain circumstances, which is basically the same as willing to commit murder in certain situations.

4) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- 9.5
5) In Bruges- 9.5
6) The Wrestler-9.5
7) The Dark Knight- 9
8) The Fall- 9

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 10:02 PM
Howard Beale is currently offline Click here to Send Howard Beale a Private Message Find more posts by Howard Beale Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote