KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » From Coruscant... To The Swamp!

From Coruscant... To The Swamp!
Started by: FLEX HECTIC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FLEX HECTIC

From Coruscant... To The Swamp!

I know he is all about the good side of the Force, but should Yoda be just a little upset about his fall from fame?

Exiled to the swampland planet of Dagobah is quite a fall from the penthouse suite at The Jedi Academy!

The senate used to count on his wisdom and many other non-Jedi personnel sought him out for guidance and friendship!

If their was one Jedi who could justify going just a little to the darkside it was definitely him!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 08:33 PM
Click here to Send FLEX HECTIC a Private Message Find more posts by FLEX HECTIC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Im sure he doesn't mind where he lives at. His greatest turmoil is probably that the dark side won and that all his fellow jedi died.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLEX HECTIC

Does turmoil over the dark side winning lean towards the dark side itself?

He is not allowed to mourn those who have passed on and joined with the Force!

But as he strolls through the swamp he's gotta miss a warm bath every now and then!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 03:40 AM
Click here to Send FLEX HECTIC a Private Message Find more posts by FLEX HECTIC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

I don't think being on Jedi Grand Master equals luxury, I mean, Jedi aren't even allowed to have personal possessions. I think he even feels more at home on Dagobah, but he had to stay on Coruscant in stead of some solitude planet because of his Jedi duties.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

He went to Dagobah because there was a Darkside nexus there that would cloud his presence through the Force. I doubt it mattered to him that his new habitat was a swamp.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 08:25 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLEX HECTIC

I saw Lucas speak at a special gathering at Fox studios in L.A. and he said that he never planned on an origin for Yoda but I had always thought that he was from that swamp system!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 03:02 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I don't think being on Jedi Grand Master equals luxury, I mean, Jedi aren't even allowed to have personal possessions. I think he even feels more at home on Dagobah, but he had to stay on Coruscant in stead of some solitude planet because of his Jedi duties.

Originally posted by Hybris
He went to Dagobah because there was a Darkside nexus there that would cloud his presence through the Force. I doubt it mattered to him that his new habitat was a swamp.

those, and the place is crawling with creatures - meaning its crawling with the Living force.

I think yoda would like that.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 08:36 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Yoda gets pretty defensive when Luke calls the swamp a slimy mudhole. I think Yoda misses the good old days, but Dagobah just seems covered with the good side of the Force and he seems to be right at home.

Last edited by willofthewisp on Mar 16th, 2009 at 04:22 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 04:19 PM
Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Re: From Coruscant... To The Swamp!

Originally posted by FLEX HECTIC
I know he is all about the good side of the Force, but should Yoda be just a little upset about his fall from fame?

Exiled to the swampland planet of Dagobah is quite a fall from the penthouse suite at The Jedi Academy!

The senate used to count on his wisdom and many other non-Jedi personnel sought him out for guidance and friendship!

If their was one Jedi who could justify going just a little to the darkside it was definitely him!

He made the decision to go to Dagobah himself, not like Kenobi said 'FAIL! Now you gotta go to dagobah!' I dunno if Kenobi agreed with the decision...they were the only jedi council members left (from what I know)

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 05:06 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Maybe the rent on Coruscant was too high after the Empire got in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 04:05 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by vintageSW77
Maybe the rent on Coruscant was too high after the Empire got in.

at least in Dagobah its free, and no traffic noise, no crowds, nice...erm, view... everything one needs is right there, eh?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

I dunno
Give me the coruscant skyline with the odd falling Jedi when the sun goes down over a bog anytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 03:20 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

eh, true that.

Bogs have... insects and stuff... *shudder*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 04:27 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

When 900 years old you reach, swamps look like retirement communities they do.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 04:40 PM
Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordPrydon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda takes it all in his stride.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 05:55 PM
Click here to Send LordPrydon a Private Message Find more posts by LordPrydon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by FLEX HECTIC
Does turmoil over the dark side winning lean towards the dark side itself?

He is not allowed to mourn those who have passed on and joined with the Force!

But as he strolls through the swamp he's gotta miss a warm bath every now and then!

He didn't take it in his stride, but he probably found solice knowing they'd all become one with the force. Hell! He probably even trained half them again as force ghosts, well, maybe the other way around, Qui-Gon taught Yoda some things as a force ghost...to prepare him for his own death

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 10:59 AM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote