KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Trailer & Discussion *Possible Spoiler Orgy*

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Trailer & Discussion *Possible Spoiler Orgy*
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Indeed. Thank you.

LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The first time I saw the film, when it got to that part in the film, I leaned over and told my brother, "'Master! Destroyers!'

'There no match for droooidikaaaaaas.'"

*Waits for someone to actually get it.*

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Why would anyone who has seen TPM not get it...?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:48 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

His little probes looked exaclty like Droidekas with extra limb bits attached. smile

Oh is that what they were called. I didn't know that. They did look just like them. My mind went there when they popped out of ball form.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:51 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

Also, how did Ravage look like a droideka? Though I don't deny he looked weird, especially with guns mounted on his ass.

Also Ravage always had weapons there.

They were twin missiles originally.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:51 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Why would anyone who has seen TPM not get it...?

Because I think everyone is stupid and assume the worst. That way, I can get pleasantly surprised if someone does. smile

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:53 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Well what youre saying is, is that the exposition in the 1st movie was unreliable....and I'd agree. If the people on earth who had studied megatron for like 100 years closely enough to draw the modern technological age fromhis design couldnt tell that it was a biological entity after all, then thats piss poor writing.

Bay and his writers are just making shit up as they go along.

That seems kind of contradictory. If they studied him for like 100 years and only gained technological advances it seems like they either don't have the ability to examine him well enough or just didn't recognize how he was living.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 10:10 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Do want Rumble. Only have Ravage from that pack.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:44 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I had these as a kid. Got the ravage reissue with my reissue Soundwave....so yeah I would love to get a Rumble again.
(But then I'd have to get Frenzy, a replacement Buzzsaw and Ratbat too.)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:38 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Yeah, but it was just... strange. It was like a panther with machine guns attached. Fully animated, Ravage gave me a "sharks with friggin' laser beams attached to their head" vibe.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:40 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I had these as a kid. Got the ravage reissue with my reissue Soundwave....so yeah I would love to get a Rumble again.
(But then I'd have to get Frenzy, a replacement Buzzsaw and Ratbat too.)

Do it, no fear, RAGE!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:48 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That seems kind of contradictory. If they studied him for like 100 years and only gained technological advances it seems like they either don't have the ability to examine him well enough or just didn't recognize how he was living.

both...

my explanation for this monumental 'script-****up' with lack of corroboration between the two films is that (similarly to a few peoples presumptions) the government sector holding Megatron's body didn't have the technological advances needed to examine the materials Megatron was made of...

...it's also highly likely that Cybertronians are made out of a metal/biological compound that doesn't contain any elements from our periodic table, therefore making it even harder to examine

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 09:05 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I don't know about not having any elements from our periodic table. I think we've systematically labeled and defined all the ones that aren't radioactive by the number of components in the atom... *remembers the radiation scanner thing* Oh yeah...

But yeah, he could easily be mistaken for an extremely complex robot. And even though I saw them being grown in pods, I'm not even sure I'd think otherwise. It's such a gray area.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 10:15 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

But TFs were always extremely complex robots.

Its a terrible indictment of the movies that we are forced to have to think shit up ourselves in order to try to sort out the mess that these movies clearly are.

I hate intellectually insulting over-exposition also....but this goes beyond them ommiting expostion, it goes into self contradiction, as well as contradicting 25 years of established TFs history..

Tfs being Matrix (The one with Keanu Reeves) rejects born in a lab is a f***ing terrible idea and just a figurehead for the philosophy of laziness and cashcow product 1st, content later mentality that is f***ing up movies today.

Sure we could pretend that the writers are the Arthur C Clarke and HG Wells of our generation, but I really think its more like that they are idiots who are concerned with childish knob jokes and the box office collectings, rather than their movie being about TFs or even making sense, knowing that their are legions of people who just like the big shiny things and explosions and will pay no matter what garbage is on screen, then go rave about it.

No box office film I have ever seen has less regard for what the subject matter of the title of the movie is. (Other than Pearl Harbour maybe..)

They should have called it "Autobots vs Second rate rejects from The Matrix, T3, Bionacle and the Phantom Menace".

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 11:38 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Its a terrible indictment of the movies that we are forced to have to think shit up ourselves in order to try to sort out the mess that these movies clearly are.

I hate intellectually insulting over-exposition also....but this goes beyond them ommiting expostion, it goes into self contradiction, as well as contradicting 25 years of established TFs history..

Tfs being Matrix (The one with Keanu Reeves) rejects born in a lab is a f***ing terrible idea and just a figurehead for the philosophy of laziness and cashcow product 1st, content later mentality that is f***ing up movies today.

Sure we could pretend that the writers are the Arthur C Clarke and HG Wells of our generation, but I really think its more like that they are idiots who are concerned with childish knob jokes and the box office collectings, rather than their movie being about TFs or even making sense, knowing that their are legions of people who just like the big shiny things and explosions and will pay no matter what garbage is on screen, then go rave about it.

No box office film I have ever seen has less regard for what the subject matter of the title of the movie is. (Other than Pearl Harbour maybe..)

They should have called it "Autobots vs Second rate rejects from The Matrix, T3, Bionacle and the Phantom Menace".

Or maybe it's not a case of us having to think things up ourselves, but rather the filmmakers allowing knowledgeable fans to fill in the gaps themselves, while also teasing newcomers with bits of knowledge & events to set up future films to come. You think when you sit down to watch the original Star Wars Trilogy - or The Matrix Trilogy - they just explain everything right off from the first film? They don't. They give enough to keep you interested, while working on more revelations to come in the next film, then the next one after that.

Maybe what we see in the Decepticon ship with the birthing chamber, are circumstances they're forced into because the Allspark has been lost for thousands of years (their birthing process doesn't look very successful.) Maybe when the Allspark was on Cybertron the creation process was very different. And maybe - if the current speculation about Unicron by the writers is right - we will see Cybertron in the future and get the full explanation about it being the body of Primus, how he created the Transformers as a defensive force & so on (at least a version done by the filmmakers.)

The point is, we don't know everything now. They're wetting our appetite for more, so criticism of what you think they are doing now for the history of Transformers, is short-sighted.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:18 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

The other autobots were much smaller.
Ironide might have been the best bet, but Starscream was shown messing up the Autobots very effectively in the first movie.

Then why did Megatron and Starscream flee? The autobots were smaller but they were obviously enough a threat that Megs and StarS would flee. Also Starscream was missing an arm and Megs was injured.

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 07:53 PM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

So, what's the issue on this then? I don't see a problem with growing a robot. Especially since the concept of Transformers is so far out there to begin with. I mean, transforming planets? That stretches the boundaries out pretty far, far enough for grown robots to fit within its realm of reason.

I mean, maybe I don't put enough faith in Transformer lore to think it can hold its own. I could be wrong on that, but I've never read anything that made me not consider the TF franchise couldn't use some reimagining here and there.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 08:59 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Darth Rex
Then why did Megatron and Starscream flee? The autobots were smaller but they were obviously enough a threat that Megs and StarS would flee. Also Starscream was missing an arm and Megs was injured.

Indeed. More poop writing, imho.

Or it could be that Decepticon cowardice is the thing that Bay was trying to emphasize..?

I think that it was just sucky PIS though.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 11:53 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by roughrider
Or maybe it's not a case of us having to think things up ourselves, but rather the filmmakers allowing knowledgeable fans to fill in the gaps themselves, while also teasing newcomers with bits of knowledge & events to set up future films to come. You think when you sit down to watch the original Star Wars Trilogy - or The Matrix Trilogy - they just explain everything right off from the first film? They don't. They give enough to keep you interested, while working on more revelations to come in the next film, then the next one after that.

Sure thats quite a basic thing in trilogy construction, true.. But In SW it got better and better, more intelligent, whereas this just gets bigger, shinier and dumber.

So what is there for the knowledgable fans to latch onto, when they keep telling us contradictory shit that turns all TFsness on its ass every three seconds..? (Often in stupid, crass, dumb ways.)

quote:

Maybe what we see in the Decepticon ship with the birthing chamber, are circumstances they're forced into because the Allspark has been lost for thousands of years (their birthing process doesn't look very successful.) Maybe when the Allspark was on Cybertron the creation process was very different. And maybe - if the current speculation about Unicron by the writers is right - we will see Cybertron in the future and get the full explanation about it being the body of Primus, how he created the Transformers as a defensive force & so on (at least a version done by the filmmakers.)

I like the "allsparkless failed alt method of birthing" idea, but I'd hate for them to imply that they are growing beings, cause thats dumb.

I have had another thought.
What if that was the Pretender generation chamber...?

I could buy that better if it was some sort of bonding chamber for cybernetic side of things.

quote:

The point is, we don't know everything now. They're wetting our appetite for more, so criticism of what you think they are doing now for the history of Transformers, is short-sighted.

Or putting you off your appetite, maybe in some cases.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 12:05 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Indeed. More poop writing, imho.

Or it could be that Decepticon cowardice is the thing that Bay was trying to emphasize..?

I think that it was just sucky PIS though.

Starscream definitely, shows his cowardice

Megatron, it could be the whole "i'm the leader of the Decepticons and my life must be preserved above all else" regardless of The Fallen being there, 'cause lets face it, The Fallen was an afterthought when it comes to Decepticon leadership.

I'll agree that it was poor script writing though...all the way through Megatron says how he's so awesome and the best (after The Fallen - apparently) and then when it comes to the moment the Autobots get the '1up' they flee...not right...just not right

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 12:09 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Indeed sir, I agree.

Like the sig, btw

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 12:17 AM